Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music4Life

Waterheart

So what is your gaming music? just put an artist/genre/specific song (if you listen let it go while playing I understand)

Personally I love Psy trance, especially Old school Goa Trance as it is energetic music

favorite artist:

Man with no name

so who is your favorite artist/genre or specific song for gaming?

(Don't say EDM because that is a crappy word invented by the American government because Obama didn't  know the difference between House and drum and base) 

edit 24/8/2014: was listening to this mix: https://soundcloud.com/schatsi/the-dance-temple-mix

Edited by Waterheart

Usually listen to different types of electronic while playing. I'll just list off my favorite genres and artists.

Favorite Genres: Neurofunk, Techstep, Darkstep, Hardstyle, Dubstyle, Techno, Dubstep, Chillstep, Drum and Bass, Drumstep, Chiptune, and Chipstep.

Favorite Artists: Cheshyre, Cryono77, Djjaner, Obsidia, Blackmill, Sunshaft (AKA Winside), and Lindsey Stirling.

Examples of the stuff I listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aspy8HRtzDo

Side note: I read your name as Waterflame at first. XD

Edited by Rakshal

Recently I've been listening to this playlist while playing missions. (I actually don't usually listen to music while playing games, but I think these songs are fantastic). In order from top to bottom is how the playlist goes. This music was made by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams for Roosterteeth's anime web series RWBY, and my versions are pulled off of youtube because they were extended by some youtubers who go by the screen names of CDanielART, Crimson Fall, and Drevis:

1. From Shadows Extended(I recommend giving this song a listen, then tell me this doesn't near perfecly describe the ideal of tenno running missions, personally I find it really helps to set the mood when I'm going in to tower survivals to grind for a couple of rotations)

2. Mirror, Mirror Extended

3. Red like Roses part 1 and 2 complete

4. Time to say goodbye

5. This will be the day Extended

6. I Burn Extended

7. I Burn Standalone Remix Extended

That's about as far as I get into my playlist before either the game ends or I reset it, it lasts about I'd say somewhere around a half hour or so.

Newretrowave and 80's type music are probably my favourite genres. Trance (particularly Psytrance, coincidentally) is a close followup. I enjoy most genres of music, though.

Here is a good playlist of what I'm talking about:

and here is a good Psytrance soundtrack:

Edited by Gammaion

I second the Newretrowave/80's style statement. It's usually my "go-to" while gaming in general. My second go-to is generally metal (strong bias towards classic metal). Other times I'll listen to straight up ambient genres and post rock.

Though I also tend to indulge myself in a lot of what's listed in level 6 of this chart:

tumblr_m8wu5u2JOB1r7tflno1_500.jpg

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

I'm random ._____.'

Usually you will see me playing anything under the albums of Duran Duran or Pink Floyd, mostly.

Heck!! Depending of the game I can even put a Loreena McKennitt in!!

If I'm in a hella happy mod, then it's with A-Ha, Queen, Erasure...

Sometimes I get a lil Daft Punk, Slagsmålsklubben or a Lapfox Trax inside the electronic area.

I rarely listen to some other music while playing, but when I do, it's usually industrial metal mixed with electronic (for example, Cyanotic, Sybreed, Rave the Reqviem and so on). Drum'n'bass\dubstep also sound nice for action gaming (Pendulum, Artificial Intelligence, Waterflame, xKore).