Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

Just letting you know, that the app refuses to load now and just crashes instantly. I'm running Windows 8 64 Bit, and was running fine until yesterday I believe.

To further explain his and every other person's problem, it was until the RSS Feed crash on the Warframe's Twitter Alert.

Edited by matrixEXO

Just letting you know, that the app refuses to load now and just crashes instantly. I'm running Windows 8 64 Bit, and was running fine until yesterday I believe.

Exactly, crashes after I try to login - thought it was because of the DE-Twitter-fail, which most likely is the case/reason, however I didn't expect the error to be present after it got fixed from DE.

Good to know that I am not the only one with this issue - see you guys later.

Twitter has updated its API (they removed RSS/ATOM and switched to JSON). In addition they stopped getting tweets anonymously; now you have to provide your own twitter account credentials to get any program like this to work (I wrote a similar tool too and since today I have the same problem). In near future there will be an option for "application accounts", targeting this issue, but currently there's no other way ...

Another idea ist to use the Warframe API itself. Unfortunately ist not documented ...

...now you have to provide your own twitter account credentials to get any program like this to work (I wrote a similar tool too and since today I have the same problem). In near future there will be an option for "application accounts", targeting this issue, but currently there's no other way ...

I'd have to disagree with you. There is a way.

My app (http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/) works fine. I'm using the new JSON structure. To be honest, I was using JSON from the start.

Anyway, as you can see, it's possible. There is even no login neccessary on the users side.

I'm using JSON aswell, the problem with my app is that they retired the v1 API yesterday, so you can no longer use HTTP Credentials to login.

I am in the process of updating the code to use OAuth, and it should be released tomorrow.  OAuth is kind of a pain in the &#! to use, that's the reason I didn't use it initially.

When the program is run for the first time, you will have to authorize it via the twitter website, and type in the PIN code that it gives you.  You should only have to do this once, so it's not as big of a pain as it could be, I suppose.

1.6.0.0 Changes:* Adapted the program to conform to Twitter's OAuth Authentication due to the dropping of their  1.0 API and Web Credentials.  Logging in now requires you to enter a PIN number provided by the twitter website when you click  the "Get PIN" button.

Download Link: http://wfa.okiesmokie.ca/WarframeAlerts_v1.6.0.0.zip

Let me know any bugs you find with this new version

Edited by Okiesmokie

Not Found

The requested URL /WarframeAlerts_v1.6.0.0.zip was not found on this server.

Wow you're too quick.  I removed it because I just read about the DE RSS feed, so I edited the program to use that to show the alerts that are already existing when you run the program.

1.6.1.0 Changes:* Updated the RSS feed for the "existing alerts" functionality to use the RSS provided by DE  (http://content.playwarframe.com/alerts.xml)

Wow you're too quick.

Yep you know, was just hanging on the forums and saw you posted in your thread, i had to check and BAM! an update!!

Couldnt wait to dl it ^^

Will report any bug if find some ;)

Thanks a lot!

Edit:

Once the twitter code is generated, seems to launch without any issue.

Now, have to wait for new alert to pop, and see if the program catch them :)

Thank you okiesmokie ;)

Dumb questions/requests time:

1. The vauban alternative helmet isnt in the list, cause you just wait for an alert to pop first? Do you think adding "Esprit Vauban" in "other" field would catch it? Cause for the other frames, the alert only says "XXX helmet" and doesnt use helm name.

in any case, i also added Vauban Helmet to other filters :p

2. Coud possibly Main Window size and position, and settings window size and position, be saved?

Edited by Tazmanyak

My "get pin" button, not working :(

It should open it in your browser window.  Try closing all your browser windows before clicking it and see if it opens a new one.

You make my day.

Works fine for me.

To get PIN was easy with your button.

Maybe change "Current Version: 1.5.0.0" to "Current Version: 1.6.1.0" on topic post :)

Thanks, I forgot about that, will change that now.

Yep you know, was just hanging on the forums and saw you posted in your thread, i had to check and BAM! an update!!

Couldnt wait to dl it ^^

Will report any bug if find some ;)

Thanks a lot!

Edit:

Once the twitter code is generated, seems to launch without any issue.

Now, have to wait for new alert to pop, and see if the program catch them :)

Thank you okiesmokie ;)

Dumb questions/requests time:

1. The vauban alternative helmet isnt in the list, cause you just wait for an alert to pop first? Do you think adding "Esprit Vauban" in "other" field would catch it? Cause for the other frames, the alert only says "XXX helmet" and doesnt use helm name.

in any case, i also added Vauban Helmet to other filters :p

2. Coud possibly Main Window size and position, and settings window size and position, be saved?

1. The alerts haven't said the names of the alternative helmets, they have just been like "Ashe Helmet", so there would be no way for me to distinguish between the alternate helmet or the helmet blueprint.  This may change, but we'll have to wait until an alternate helmet alerts pops up.

2. That is something I can easily add to the next version.

It's not actually using 50% CPU, it shows that because it has idle frames in the thread where it is doing nothing at all.  You won't see a performance hit, and if you run other programs the CPU usage will go down.

You can see this yourself if you compile a very simple program.

C++

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {  while(true) {    // Do nothing  }  return 0;}

will display 100% CPU usage, but it isn't actually.

It acts this way because it is using the free CPU cycles that no other process is using.  In the next release I'll add a 10ms sleep or something just so you people don't get the placebo effect and think it's actually effecting things :P

--

1.6.1.1 Changes:* Added a 10ms sleep to the twitter loop so that people don't complain about false CPU Usage.* Main window location and size is now saved in between sessions.

Edited by Okiesmokie

Small bug found ...

The "Clear" and "Copy" buttons of the debug window have fixed positions, not relative to bottom right corner

(ie if you expand the windows, the buttons are full in the middle of it :p)

Other thing, there is now a big wall of text in the debug. Seems the "source" has a lot of things to say. The source is the whole twitter warframealert page?

Dont post code here, dont want to share some personnal data :p

Stream item found
{"created_at":"Thu Jun 13 11:38:01 [...] lot of text here [...] "favorited":false,"retweeted":false,"filter_level":"medium","lang":"en"}

Not important at all, just so you know about it ^^