Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volatile Runners

-UW-Stallianox

The way it is now, even if you shoot and kill the Volatile Runner he will still explode in your face, affecting your health, why make it explode when killed, its sometimes very annoying.I agree when it suicides its okay for it to self explode but when killed it should get affected by gun type or get puctured to the wall like everyother enemy. If they are still gonna explode when killed, then why do they not explode when sliced in half by melee. My point is please make it that they dont always explode on your face when killed in difficult situations.

He already knows that using melee makes them not explode.

Yes but he is complaining that he can't handle them differently when he has been given a perfectly effective system. We are reenforcing that he should use the given system rather than demand the game change its systems to better suit him.

For example. Saryns Miasma, when you use it, those Volatile Runners doesn't go in the air like the others, it explodes and at the same time it damages you. If you think Logically, it shouldn't explode like that and I already said that they don't explode when sliced by melee.

Edit: And what I am saying is that they shouldn't explode when shot, it should pierce them or just get punctured like others. It's okay with Penta and Orgis and stuff to make them explode, because they are explosive weapons.

Edited by -UW-Stallianox

But then it's less difficult. The infested are just too easy as it is compared to every other faction. Either run away from them when they're about to explode, fire from a distance, or melee.

If it is so easy then you would have done 100 + waves in Pluto, Sechura right, I guess not.

For example. Saryns Miasma, when you use it, those Volatile Runners doesn't go in the air like the others, it explodes and at the same time it damages you. If you think Logically, it shouldn't explode like that and I already said that they don't explode when sliced by melee.

Edit: And what I am saying is that they shouldn't explode when shot, it should pierce them or just get punctured like others. It's okay with Penta and Orgis and stuff to make them explode, because they are explosive weapons.

So make them as useless as they were before?

If it is so easy then you would have done 100 + waves in Pluto, Sechura right, I guess not.

So you want to make them easier than any other faction? You know it's quite difficult to get to wave 25 in any mission against Grineer/Corpus, right? It's incredibly easy against the infested. You shouldn't really be able to reach wave 100 in the first place, but it's the infested...

They did no damage before the recent hotfix (AT ALL) and no one even bothered them as a threat. It's nearly impossible for a volatile runner to have enough time to manually explode near you and damage you. They'll just become useless again if they do what you're suggesting

Try some better tactics, like running backwards and shooting.

Edited by SgtFlex

So you want to make them easier than any other faction? You know it's quite difficult to get to wave 25 in any mission against Grineer/Corpus, right? It's incredibly easy against the infested. You shouldn't really be able to reach wave 100 in the first place, but it's the infested...

They did no damage before the recent hotfix (AT ALL) and no one even bothered them as a threat. It's nearly impossible for a volatile runner to have enough time to manually explode near you and damage you. They'll just become useless again if they do what you're suggesting

Try some better tactics, like running backwards and shooting.

Wave 25 ._.

I dont even get my big boy panties on until waves 35-40

Wave 25 ._.

I dont even get my big boy panties on until waves 35-40

Well I was using a general example that you can get much farther versus factions with guns than the infested. I actually haven't played a defense in quite a while to get up really high.

Well I was using a general example that you can get much farther versus factions with guns than the infested. I actually haven't played a defense in quite a while to get up really high.

Yeah...

Infested are still easiest but at least theyre a threat now

Volatile runners actually matter now too

Personally, I'd prefer it if they could be killed with precise gunfire (e.g. with hits to the head or the legs) without exploding.

It's bad enough that there's some enemy types that can't effectively be melee'd, turning around and "penalizing" the player for not using melee is just as off-putting in my book.

According to logic, OP is right, if they were to damage us when they explode themselves, whats the difference when you kill them with gun, it affects your health regardless, and to those who say use melee, not everyone has a good melee to kill the Volatile runner with 1 hit before it self-explodes.

According to logic, OP is right, if they were to damage us when they explode themselves, whats the difference when you kill them with gun, it affects your health regardless, and to those who say use melee, not everyone has a good melee to kill the Volatile runner with 1 hit before it self-explodes.

If were going to follow that logic all the way then the news spot in the ship needs to go because it completely breaks immersion by reminding us were online

Its a game mechanic thats there for a reason

If they exploded on melee then anyone using melee would just die

Probably why it was left out of melee

Personally, I'd prefer it if they could be killed with precise gunfire (e.g. with hits to the head or the legs) without exploding.

It's bad enough that there's some enemy types that can't effectively be melee'd, turning around and "penalizing" the player for not using melee is just as off-putting in my book.

I know right.

And I am not talking about difficulty, I am talking about logic, it's okay for them to go and just explode infront of us when we are not shooting or meleeing them, but when shot it should not explode.

For example: It's mission is to go and destroy the Cryopod, ofcourse it runs and goes straight to the pod, then it suicides effecting the Cryopods health, or, it goes near the Cryopod, gets ready to explode, and suddenly the player shoots and kills it, still explodes and yet effects the pods health, what kind of general logic is that?

It is supposed to be shot down and die.

Or is it that its mission is like, explode or die, still successfull (ooh yea nailed it) no. If its mission is to suicide and kill (or destroy something) then when shot its mission has to fail. I mean it has to die like normal Runners.