The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Is Op (In A Good Way)

(PSN)wooz562

I was farming kubrow mods solo, and then all of a sudden the G3 pops up. I'm using a lvl 12 Mutalist Quanta, lvl 30 Akzani, and lvl 5 Aegis. Hall of Mirrors and Prism. That was all I needed, and finished the last of them with Zani. Pretty Ridiculous. What I don't understand, I was doing Operations for Corpus about a week and half ago and did about 30 operations. No warning from Vay Hek. Is that common? Anyway, I wish I had a twitch account and recorded it. I was amazed.

Yea, my hopes were not high looking at her shields/health, but every one of her moves compensates for it, except the booby trap one. I find that only useful in interception.

Four useful abilities (albeit one being situational) that's still better than many other Warframes... ;)

player gets to one shot strong boss enemies with under leveled weapon.

"HEY THEY FINALLY MADE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T SUCK"

"OP IN A GOOD WAY" (because you don't have to pvp against her?)

Edited by Aure7

She's good at what she does, but if you take a hit at any higher level than the average of Mars you're as good as dead. I'd actually call that moderately balanced.

Which funnily enough makes Corpus the more dangerous enemy for Mirage as they due to their non-hitscan weaponry are more prone to hitting the "real" Mirage ...

i find her annoying to be in a party with, i have her and forma'd her twice and she is an absolute beast at cheesing pluto-cerberus for t4 keys, i dont even need to try and kill things, just cast the discoball once in a while and come out at 44% damage done at the end of the round. She is what boltor p/soma are to weps. Im sick to death of people running her with quantas/explosive atticas. It might be op but im just more annoyed at HoM because it multiplies annoying effects by 4.

Actually, she's not that much different than the rest.

Two excellent abilities you use in every situation.

One good ability you can use for CC at any level and damage at lower levels.

One situational ability you may use occasionally, or drop for more mod space.

Fairly typical in regards to ability use.

In actual use, she's in the Mag class of warframe: dps/control 'frame. She has adequate armor combined with lowered survivability and heavy on power use (with a limited power pool) and some avoidance and potential resistance in place of recovery.

Can someone please remind me how a warframe with ridiculous damage output while having excellent survivability is well balanced ? :/

she's paper thin, and Hall of Mirrors only works for non aoe damage.

And we all know most people die to things like Disco Inferno caused by a bunch of Napalms, grenade spam from high level corrupted or infested ospreys farting all over the screen.

Eclipse does give some pretty good DR, but it's not reliable since you need to find a dark spot, and the game is quite obtuse on what 'dark' and 'light' is.

Eclipse does give some pretty good DR, but it's not reliable since you need to find a dark spot, and the game is quite obtuse on what 'dark' and 'light' is.

Well, true that. ^^

Edit: If people could just stop using the miter on her, that would make me very grateful :p

Edited by xCionx

Well, true that. ^^

Edit: If people could just stop using the miter on her, that would make me very grateful :p

But look at dem Grineers, their Miters are able to one-shot many of us poor Tennos, we must fight Miters with Miters :O *hue*

Can someone please remind me how a warframe with ridiculous damage output while having excellent survivability is well balanced ? :/

It's not. 

However, Mirage is the former, not the latter. None of her abilities compensate for poor health/shields armor. Trinity and Link? Excellent survivability. Rhino and Iron Skin? Excellent survivability. Mirage and Hall of Mirrors? Not so much.

It's not. 
However, Mirage is the former, not the latter. None of her abilities compensate for poor health/shields armor. Trinity and Link? Excellent survivability. Rhino and Iron Skin? Excellent survivability. Mirage and Hall of Mirrors? Not so much.

While Hall of Mirrors is quite nice to mitigate single target damage and prism delivers some good cc, I was actually referring to the theoretical 95% dmg reduction from eclipse. But as stated above, it's not that reliable. I don't play her that much either so I can't really tell to what extend it's controllable. "excellent" might have been a poor choice of words in this matter .....

Still, it feels like her kit is somewhat better than that of other frame who were once considered damage dealers, like ember, who had her damage reducing skill taken from her.

Regarding her base stats: they are pretty much in line with those of other frames, you gotta cut loose something somewhere in order to justify all of this :I

But it in the end, all my disapproval of this frame comes down to her being downright annoying. I have a fairly good rig, but even I do experience some framerate drops when a gazillion projectiles fly all over the place. 

Edited by xCionx

You guys that says she's not OP are all wrong, really. Ever had a squad member use a Mirage with a blazing fast Attica+Thunderbolt? If you do then you will realize that she is OP. Why you ask? Well what can shake your screen constantly and make constant dizzying noises and literally makes you physically ill, I consider that OP. Nerf her!

You guys that says she's not OP are all wrong, really. Ever had a squad member use a Mirage with a blazing fast Attica+Thunderbolt? If you do then you will realize that she is OP. Why you ask? Well what can shake your screen constantly and make constant dizzying noises and literally makes you physically ill, I consider that OP. Nerf her!

Perhaps remove explosions from Hall of Mirrors when using Attica+Thunderbolt, and only have the explosion on the main shot?

People will RAAAAAGE but it's a viable solution to me (and yes, I've used Mirage+Attica+thunderbolt. In fact I'm currently finally working on my first ever "OP" weapon, which is a 5 forma Attica THunderbolt build.)

Perhaps remove explosions from Hall of Mirrors when using Attica+Thunderbolt, and only have the explosion on the main shot?

People will RAAAAAGE but it's a viable solution to me (and yes, I've used Mirage+Attica+thunderbolt. In fact I'm currently finally working on my first ever "OP" weapon, which is a 5 forma Attica THunderbolt build.)

It's not just Attica, HoM does not go well with weapon that shakes the screen. Your solution is viable, but it may take the fun out for some Mirage users. Maybe give us an option to disable explosion special effect from my end.

It's not just Attica, HoM does not go well with weapon that shakes the screen. Your solution is viable, but it may take the fun out for some Mirage users. Maybe give us an option to disable explosion special effect from my end.

Oh, oh I get it now. Your main problem is the effect, not the explosion itself.

Yeah I agree. But then again that effect might be connected to other things that shake the screen which are used for balancing purposes, like recoil and so on. But if you were able to disable just the explosion effect shake, then I guess that should be fine. I love that effect myself; it's one of the things that makes Ember's Fireball feel meaty.