Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes "prime-Able" And "nonprime-Able"

TheDidact

I feel like there will be a Valkyr Prime but instead of the Corpus torturing her perhaps the long years during the Old War drove her to insanity. The Orokin tried to restrain her for safety reason but she broke free, wreaking havoc on hordes of enemies. A Valkyr without all the Corpus restraints and instead lots of gold/white energy restraints would look cool.

I feel like there will be a Valkyr Prime but instead of the Corpus torturing her perhaps the long years during the Old War drove her to insanity. The Orokin tried to restrain her for safety reason but she broke free, wreaking havoc on hordes of enemies. A Valkyr without all the Corpus restraints and instead lots of gold/white energy restraints would look cool.

isn't that the current valkyr we're having now? Valkyr prime would have to be the original/untouched.

Also you all have to know Vandals were only for those who participated in the closed beta, or so I believe. Valkyr Vandal would not be a thing. It does't seem right to "Vandal" her. Think about what would actually be feasible compared to what you want.  

Also you all have to know Vandals were only for those who participated in the closed beta, or so I believe. Valkyr Vandal would not be a thing. It does't seem right to "Vandal" her. Think about what would actually be feasible compared to what you want.

Snipetron Vandal was released after closed beta was over.

It's whatever Mynki feels like drawing as a prime.

Nail - on - the - head ... 1+

While it is all well and good to shift through the dispersed reams of fragmented comments and oblique references made by DE just as it is fun to speculate based upon some perceived logic of the developers or conduct straw polls of gamer fanboi/fangurl enthusiasm, in the end it is the artistic department that will most likely lead the way

Consider:

1. Except for Excalibutt ... er, I mean "bur" ... which came as a Founder's exclusive offering, all the Primes have been released after some delay with the Tenno'ed version out first

2. Gameplay mechanics of the Primes are nearly identical to the nonprime versions - they have the same Abilities, only

minor differences in Polarization

3. Since Game Coders don't have to do much to make a Prime, they are not the bottle neck for rolling out a new Prime and may not have much input into it

4. The critical distinction of a Prime is its looks, which is up to the Art Team

So to answer your question, you have to get into the mind of Mynki ...

If there is ONE thing I know after watching his beatific grin during Dev Streams is that I would NEVER , EVER, EVER play poker with that guy

Can't tell a thing of what he really thinks

im on the fence here. 

i feel there can not be a valkyr vandal. alad  v took things frm val and mutilated her to obtai. parts for za.uka project. remember? that is what we saved her from after he rekt that excal and mag. he wasnt changing or upgrading.. he was disecting and extracting.

a valkyr prime would make sense to be the untainted version..

val isnt originally corpus so imo doesnt qualify for vandal status and also no i dont want a metallic teal valkyr skin. no sir. 

prime being before alad would make sense to have different powers. 

best solution ..  dont release a prime variant or vandal. release a vandal skin and merge / lock all valkyr prime or val vandal threads 

The way I see it, there are three versions of the Valkyr we all know and love:

-Current 'altered' version: Valkyr after being experimented on and scarred physically and mentally. Her powers may be new or altered versions of her pre-torture ones, but either way they have undergone change as a result of the rage felt due to torture.

-Original Valkyr: Valkyr before being tortured and experimented on, we don't know Valkyr's exact appearance before the warframe was dissected but we have a few hints, such as the remaining half of her helmet's outer shell. The warframe's powers before torture may have been completely different or simply normal versions of her current powers not yet modified by her rage.

-Valkyr Prime: By now most of us should know the important fact that Valkyr was not created by corpus, simply experimented on, meaning that her original version would have a prime just like any other frame. Like other primes, Valkyr Prime would have the powers of the frame it's a prime of, in this case the Original Valkyr, which logically would make her powers different from that of the current tortured Valkyr, either gameplay-wise or in the case that Valkyr's rage only altered her powers a bit, just visually.

I think it's very possible that Valkyr can have a prime, as the warframe wasn't created by Corpus and so is still of Orikin/Tenno origin. I don't think a Valkyr Vandal would fit because Valkyr isn't really a Corpus frame, her current powers being a result of extreme rage, with Corpus just playing a role in causing that rage, and the Corpus restraints and bolts don't have an effect on her abilities, except for Hysteria with spikes protruding out of the restraints, though she uses her claws, not those spikes, to claw people so I'm thinking the restraints aren't required.

The way I see it, Valkyr Prime is possible, but it would be a prime of the Original Valkyr, it's up to the developers to decide whether that would have a big or minimal impact on the prime's powers, but the fact we should take away from this is that it's possible. There's no reason why there can't be a Valkyr Prime in the future, though considering how older frames will be given a priority, it may be a while before we see the prime version of Valkyr in all her glory.

Edited by (PS4)JoeyTwoShoes

• 3 months later...

if any difference id like to see her prime use equipped melee rather than claws of rage. i see no reason for screams or any vocalization unless shewas a bard which ive already suggested prior as banshee and trins linking half sister. in that case her scream could be a beautiful magestic sounding team buff. 

i would tho be ok with some changes on valkyr considering the event andcircumstances. other frames not.

Edited by T4LCOMX