Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Seer Small Aoe

notionphil

DE, now that you're doing numerous (much appreciated) balance passes, can you give a little love to one of WF's coolest lore based weapons?

The Seer is a tough bird to obtain and is outclassed by many other pistol type weapons. As a tradeoff for its total lack of crit, absurdly long reload and lower DPS (and damage per shot) than many other secondaries, how about giving it a small AoE with reduced damage to those not hit by original projectile.

EX: 30 dmg in a 3m radius, doesn't stack with initial hit.

This will keep the Seer unique without making compete with Lex Prime, Marelok etc in single target damage per shot. The Seer has always been a bad@$$ looking/feeling weapon, how about making it perform like one?

Thanks!

Yeah, the seer needs something to make it worth using. Even at low levels it is hard to use due to its low firerate and damage, and the other stats don't do it any favors. It really needs a fairly drastic buff to at least bring it up to the Vasto or Magnus, if not Lex Prime and Marelok. 

Yeah, the seer needs something to make it worth using. Even at low levels it is hard to use due to its low firerate and damage, and the other stats don't do it any favors. It really needs a fairly drastic buff to at least bring it up to the Vasto or Magnus, if not Lex Prime and Marelok. 

I don't think it needs to be comparable to any of those guns to be decent, maybe the Vasto if any of them. It's meant to be a beginner pistol. Now if you're just wanting it to be viable for late game... I dunno what to tell you.

The Seer is a tough bird to obtain 

It is? Really? I've only killed Vor a handful of times and I've got 3 BP's for it.

I don't think it needs to be comparable to any of those guns to be decent, maybe the Vasto if any of them. It's meant to be a beginner pistol. Now if you're just wanting it to be viable for late game... I dunno what to tell you.

It is? Really? I've only killed Vor a handful of times and I've got 3 BP's for it.

I do want it to be viable lategame due to its uniqueness and lore. Actually, it is already viable, I'd just like it to be more unique instead of a scaled down Lex prime.

Not looking for more DPS; I'd like to see a unique effect on it and since it already has an exploding projectile, AoE makes sense. It could alternately be anything, such as extra headshot damage, a stagger effect on AoE, a single elemental damage type. Anything to make it a bit different than the pistols that are straight upgrades.

There is no indication that it's meant to be a beginner pistol; MR is nearly meaningless. EG: boltor prime is rank 2. Grakata, an amazing endgame assault rifle, is MR0.

Seer is one of the few boss dropped weapons in the game, so I have hope that it's held in some 'special regard' by DE.

Edited by notionphil

I do want it to be viable lategame due to its uniqueness and lore. Actually, it is already viable, I'd just like it to be more unique instead of a scaled down Lex prime.

Not looking for more DPS; I'd like to see a unique effect on it and since it already has an exploding projectile, AoE makes sense. It could alternately be anything, such as extra headshot damage, a stagger effect on AoE etc. Anything to make it a bit different than the pistols that are straight upgrades.

There is no indication that it's meant to be a beginner pistol; MR is nearly meaningless. EG: boltor prime is rank 2. Grakata, an amazing endgame assault rifle, is MR0.

Seer is one of the few boss dropped weapons in the game, so I have hope that it's held in some 'special regard' by DE.

Eh, I'm honestly neither here nor there on the subject. It'd be nice if it got a buff. I think everything should be capable of performing adequately in lategame play (Pluto/Ceres, not t4) with the right mods. However, I made one when I first started playing on PS4, was bitterly disappointed with it, ranked it up to 30 (having hardly used it at all) and sold it. If it got an innate aoe that would be pretty cool, and might make me more interested in trying the gun again now that I have all the mods.

Edited by Kestral9999

The Seer holds a special place in my heart, even if statistically it's a Lex Prime without a crit chance (or hitscan). Giving it an AoE, and perhaps a boost in status chance as well, would definitely give it it's own flare rather than it just being the bridge weapon between the Lex and Lex Prime, so you have my vote.

Just because opinion or "because lore/uniqueness" does not mean it should be viable.

Nor should everything be viable for lategame play, if everything is, then there are no tiers, you can use anything. Bad gameplay, no progression.

The Seer is already lategame viable.

I'm not asking for a boost in viability. I'm asking for it to be made more unique compared with other similar sidearms.

Nor should everything be viable for lategame play, if everything is, then there are no tiers, you can use anything. Bad gameplay, no progression.

As far as I can tell, getting blueprints and parts, then building and using stuff with those parts, is progression.

You start off with three weapons and a warframe. If you're gaining weapons and warframes (and they technically benefit you from the standpoint of a beginner), then you can reasonably state that you are making progress.