Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall How Satisfied With Ordis Are You?

Bukethead

Personally I @(*()$ hate him/it. I can't stand the constant nonsensical/random sayings it blurts out.

I get it DE, you went for a Glados/Wheatley style companion character, but both of those examples are funny/add to the overall story and are fairly major characters. Ordis is just an annoyance that has me wishing for a way to mute him/turn him off.

I'll be sitting there working up a build on wfbuilder in my steam overlay, or looking up prices, and suddenly "Ordis wonders, what are you thinking about?" "Operator, are you enjoying the view?"

Totally ruins my train of thought.

I don't even really understand the point. Lotus serves that purpose pretty well(being a useful auditory notifier), in telling you when there's a new alert, new infestation, etc.

All Ordis does that is useful is notify you when something is done crafting (which Lotus could do), and tell you when you've got a new message in your inbox (which again, Lotus could do).

Edited by Bukethead

In all honesty, this may come off far harsher than I intend it but when U14 came along I was looking through the forum while my game was updating and a lot of people were very excited about ordis but I found the whole thing to be rather... average. I thought by the sounds of it there'd be a really iconic personality to him but as he is now it doesn't really feel like there's anything memorable about him and I don't know if that comes down to the voice or the writing itself or what. I'd love to see an option in the future to switch between a few different voices as right now Ordis just doesn't do anything for me. He doesn't get me worked up the way he seems to with others who find him infuriating but I can't say he really leaves a lasting impression on me either.

EDI from ME is iconic. GLaDOS from portal is iconic. Hal from space odyssey is iconic. Ordis is just... there.

He is the voice in your head that you realize after a while is not actually in your head  (Cause if he was in your head, screaming at him might shut him up).

I knew that I would get these answers.

I know who he is.

"Whos is Ordis?" was just my answer on how satisfied I am with him, I am just ignoring him.

I am hoping for that to happen, truly. 

Since the whole discussion about ship AI pre-U14, I was hoping to get a tsundere ship A.I, well when U14 came out....Ordis came with it.

I get the feeling that a replacement ship AI is going to cost plat.

I knew that I would get these answers.

I know who he is.

"Whos is Ordis?" was just my answer on how satisfied I am with him, I am just ignoring him.

You can't expect sarcasm to translate over a medium without sound, body language, etc.

Either that or you're trying to make us look like simpletons, idiots and were hoping one of us wouldn't be articulate enough to point out how easily your post could be misconstrued as serious.

Especially since on reddit, and I'm sure elsewhere, people usually put /s behind their sarcastic sentence to let everyone know what they meant and how they meant it.

Edited by Bukethead

I wish I could copy pasta ordis onto one of my sentinels to give it more personality than a floating shotgun.

That would be kick azz awesome!

Ordis doesn't bother me, but Id like the option to change/upgrade to a female AI voice aboard the ship. I also wish we had the option to have 2 kubrow incubators instead of one. And to bring 2 kubrows on a mission instead of just 1. U14 is really nice it's awesome.

I would pay for him to be ejected into the sun, and replaced with a silent AI.

Guess someone at DE loved Flight of the Navigator!

Edit: Yes I have transmissions muted, he just won't take a hint.

Edited by Egg_Chen