Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play Style Using Different Warframes

jjpdn

It's just that Absorb's AoE is very small (compared to other)

I've gotten up to 10 000 damage, before releasing it, and only killing seven people, leaving 20 left who were surrounding me.

You can build for power range. I think that's a small price to pay for the immunity time it gives you, though maybe it could use a small range buff.

Removing scaling in infinite content is a step backwards. The very reason why people complain about damage abilities is because they don't scale. Why should we be removing scaling?

Infinitely scaling enemies are inherently broken. That person I was responding to was complaining that absorb wasn't useful deep in T4 anymore, and my response to that was that balancing around the kind of enemies you find deep in T4 is an exercise in futility. I didn't mean to say scaling should be removed entirely, but there should be an upper limit to it to prevent things from getting out of hand. 

Edited by vaugahn

You can build for power range. I think that's a small price to pay for the immunity time it gives you, though maybe it could use a small range buff.

Infinitely scaling enemies are inherently broken. That person I was responding to was complaining that absorb wasn't useful deep in T4 anymore, and my response to that was that balancing around the kind of enemies you find deep in T4 is an exercise in futility. I didn't mean to say scaling should be removed entirely, but there should be an upper limit to it to prevent things from getting out of hand. 

But then why use nyx at all if literally nothing should ever scale?

Nyx's entire skillset kinda revolves around using the enemies own power against them. They scale by their very nature, so by removing her ability to scale, you might as well just get rid of nyx entirely. You'll notice she's not very effective for lower level missions. It takes her forever to kill things, and she only really shines when things get hairy.

Nyx was useful for high-level, but by no means invincible. There were always chinks in her armor, and at later levels, she's one-shot downed by everything, unlike rhino or the like.

Edited by insaninater

I disagree. I agree, balancing around late-game should not be most of our stuff's focus. Infinite scaling (when not abusable) isn't really a problem IMO.

I disagree. I agree, balancing around late-game should not be most of our stuff's focus. Infinite scaling (when not abusable) isn't really a problem IMO.

That was just my 2 cents on the issue. I think infinite scaling creates some bad game balance issues, and if they want to leave it in the enemy level should be capped somewhere.

Melee Banshee. Because your meta is bad and you should feel bad.

PMS Easymode Valkyr. I don't care if everyone uses it, I came up with rage build Valkyr on the day of her release.

Spin-2-Win. Ash and a max speed Galatine are a match made in Ceres. Lots of Crits, high mobility and rapid combo building. Who cares about power strength when you have a 2.5x combo multiplier?

Proki. You see your Loki? No? That is because you are doing is wrong. Invisibility is for people who can't use his other three abilities to avoid damage.

Go fast and make the enemies day terrible.

If I recall correctly, it's capped at an obscenely high level. It's effectively infinite. They need to cap it at something more reasonable.

But look, nyx is pointless if her abilities don't scale.

If her abilities are based off enemy power (which they are), than she either kills and defends slower and less effectively than other frames, or just gets her mana wrecked. No in between. All you've done is made her abilities a slower and less effective variant of other abilities.

Edited by insaninater

My play style is geared towards damage mitigation and having tanky warframes.  Right now the main Warframes that I have been using the last few weeks and feel most comfortable with are Nekros, Excalibur, Zephyr, Mag and Loki.  

My Nekros is setup with Energy Siphon, Vitality, Redirection, Rage, Steel Fiber, Natural Talent, Desecrate, Terrify, Steamline, Fleeting Expertise, and Equilibrium.  I just try to desecrate and stay alive.  Not really sure if that is a play style or what but I enjoy doing it. Mainly used for survival missions.

My Excalibur is setup with Energy Siphon, Vitality, Redirection, Radial Blind, Stretch, Overextended, Continuty, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Steamline, and Fleeting Expertise.  I spam radial blind.  Again, not really sure its a play style but I enjoy doing it. Used for every mission type.

My Zephyr is setup with Energy Siphon, Vitality, Redirection, Tail Wind, Turbulance, Tornado, Overextended, Continuty, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Steamline, and Fleeting Expertise.  I spam Turbulance and use Tail Wind for mobility.  Tornado is used as a panic button if I am being overwhelmed. 

My Loki is setup with Energy Siphon, Redirection, Radial Disarm, Invisibility, Equilibrium, Stretch, Overextended, Continuty, Constitution, Steamline, and Fleeting Expertise. I constantly disarming and staying invisible.  Mainly use this build for defense and just go from spawn point to spawn point disarming all the enemies so they can not shoot the cryopod.

My Mag is setup with Energy Siphon, Pull, Shield Polarize, Blind Rage, Intensify, Redirection, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Flow, and Equilibrium for a max damage shield polarize build along with pull.  Use pull to get out of bad spots and then kill the enemies with shield polarize. 

Edited by (PS4)geb9696