Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Reduce Lag, Boost Fps?

LightSurge

Question

13 answers to this question

That thing has a ATI Radeon HD 4250 which I had in my old laptop.

Assuming the performance is similar, I don't think you'll be able to get much better than that.

Try lowering your resolution and see if it helps, you wont be able to run this at native and get decent FPS.

Edited by Cyborger1

That thing has a ATI Radeon HD 4250 which I had in my old laptop.

Assuming the performance is similar, I don't think you'll be able to get much better than that.

Try lowering your resolution and see if it helps, you wont be able to run this at native and get decent FPS.

I currently don't run at full screen. I think it's a bit smaller than that I can't remember, it's also windowed.

I already unchecked 64-bit. How exactly do you run at Directx9? Is there an option? I only see Directx10 in the launcher options.

You just uncheck Directx11. Make sure that neither Directx10 or 11 has a check in their boxes.

I currently don't run at full screen. I think it's a bit smaller than that I can't remember, it's also windowed.

Don't run it in windowed, that never helps. The thing about running something in fullscreen is that your GPU only needs to render the game and nothing else, which improves performance. With fullscreen off (or in borderless fullscreen mode), the GPU has to render your desktop and keep all of your active programs rendered at once.

Try setting it back into fullscreen and see if you get a FPS boost, although keep in mind that if you alt-tab often, it might get pretty jarring.

Edited by Cyborger1

I came into this thread prepared to say "get a better computer" sarcastically, but given what you have that may end up being the best option.

If you want the best performance turn anything that makes the game fancy off, turn down resolution, run directx 9 and ensure you have multithread rendering enabled.

Unfortunately given what you haveyour performance won't ever get too good

Another tip I can give you to help improve your performance is to try to avoid being the host. Being the host increases strain on your CPU and can significantly lower your FPS when a lot is happening.

Have friends invite you instead of the other way around.

When joining public games, keep trying until you get paired into a lobby and don't start it by yourself, as people will join in and cause your performance to drop.

Playing solo will give you the best performance, but obviously that will hinder your enjoyment of the game.

Don't run it in windowed, that never helps. The thing about running something in fullscreen is that your GPU only needs to render the game and nothing else, which improves performance. With fullscreen off (or in borderless fullscreen mode), the GPU has to render your desktop and keep all of your active programs rendered at once.

Did not know this. Thanks for the info!