Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The New Weapons Good?

evil4458

Question

13 answers to this question

I just wanna ask are the glaxion, nukor and kronen good? And im thinking that am i going to get glaxion or not cuz i got the skin from the excavation event already

Some people want them to be things they are not, so they say the new weapons suck. Check out the wiki first is my advice.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

I personally have fun with them, but I know they are not for everyone.

Glaxion: Looks like a nice status weapon due to its fire rate and ammo capacity.

Nukor: Looks like another nice status weapon, but not like the Glaxion. Radiation dmg will do good against Grineer.

Kronen: Pretty much on par with Orthos Prime, and takes the top as highest slide attack dmg in the game currently. 

These weapons may not be too viable for end-game, but aren't terrible at all, especially the Kronen.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Glaxion is about as good as the Ignis (but single target), so make of that what you will. The Nukor's great, about the same as the newly buffed Spectra. Kronen's got some hit detection issues at the moment, so you might want to wait on that.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Are*

Sorry but I just had to

The Kronen is decent. Above average damage, high attack speed, good status chance, but low critical chance.

The Nukor has innate radiation damage, a great damage type, and can  have 3 combo damage types, has high damage considering it is a ray weapon, and the 4x multiplier is fun and exploding corpses is fun.

The glaxion has low damage but the freezing is fun

Can't speak to the rifle and side-arm but the Kronen is an absolute blast.

Great animations, good speed, fairly good damage. The combos are varied and useful once you've gotten the hang of them.

High status chance too, especially if modded with some of the event mods. (or all of them, blast + corrosive is working very well for me)

Kronen: Pretty much on par with Orthos Prime, and takes the top as highest slide attack dmg in the game currently. 

... pls kronen's cc's pretty bad (it's knock up range from jumps is pretty small), it's wall attack is non-existent, it's range is so bad that the only way to kill someone other than slide attacks is if the enemy runs into you. there's currently a sort of bug where if you perform your combos right infront of the enemy and if the enemy didn't collide with you (your warframe's not touching the enemy's model), your attacks will not move you forward like normal melee attacks should and you will not deal damage. having a high slide attack is fun though.

about the bug if you perform your eee hold eeeee combo you might hit the enemy on the flourishes near the end of the combo, but other than that enemies basically have to stand still or move back to be perfectly immune to your melee attacks (unless you slide).

Edited by MemeticRepo

... pls kronen's cc's pretty bad (it's knock up range from jumps is pretty small), it's wall attack is non-existent, it's range is so bad that the only way to kill someone other than slide attacks is if the enemy runs into you. there's currently a sort of bug where if you perform your combos right infront of the enemy and if the enemy didn't collide with you (your warframe basically have to touch the enemy's), your attacks will not move you forward like normal melee attacks should and you will not deal damage. having a high slide attack is fun though.

the CC isn't great if you're just doing quick attacks or the standard e,e,e,e combo. but you start doing some of the more detailed ones and you go through waves of mobs like they're nothing.

Yeah Kronen has some hitbox issues atm. But when its fixed it'll be excellent. High attack speed won't compare to a crit weapon abusing Berserker, tho :(

Yeah it's hitbox issue is it's main issue right now. I never questioned it's damage. it's cc is debatable though; about the combos, you either push your enemies to the side, then take damage but does not stagger (no cc) or you decapitate them completely (not really cc). all in all it's cc's pretty meh.

Basically, I'm saying kronen's no where close to what most people consider top tier melee weapons. it is fun like the venka and skyla and is definitely good. it's basically the burston prime of melee weapons; it deals good damage and provides some utility, but calling it on par with the boltor p/brakk is overdoing it.

Edited by MemeticRepo