Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Select The Desired Rank Of The Mod When You Equip It

Zurion

I don't know if this was suggested or not, I recently came back to the game and didn't have time to read all the feedback forum.

My idea is this: If you have a mod that was upgraded at least once (i.e. rank is higher than 1), it would be nice if you can change what rank of the mod you want to use when it's equipped, as long as it's lower than the current rank of the mod. 

So, if you have a rank 4 mod, you could choose to use it as a rank 1,2 or 3, with the drain and bonuses scaling with the rank. Usually, when you start leveling a new weapon/warframe/sentinel, you don't have a low-rank version of the mods you want to use on them. 

Of course, this feature could be restricted in different ways. Maybe you can only use a certain number of mods at reduced rank, according to your mastery level. Or you can use a reduced version of only the mods that you maxed out. 

I think there are many ways to apply this, but I'm curious if you like the general idea.

This would save me a lot of time and credits, and free up multiple rare mod dupes I have for trading and such.

But... it would remove a credit+mod sink (making multiple ranks of the same mod for leveling weapons) so Idunno' how the devs feel.

But... it would remove a credit+mod sink (making multiple ranks of the same mod for leveling weapons) so Idunno' how the devs feel.

This is true. At one point you'd have most of the mods maxed out, so one less reason to keep pushing the defense missions.

I kinda would like a system like the current DS conflicts where if you had something level 30 and formaed it, I could keep my weapon or frame's setup, but the mods would "unlock" as it gained levels and the mods that don't meet the required level would not work. This would also cut down on the time redoing a setup after applying forma between missions.

I kinda would like a system like the current DS conflicts where if you had something level 30 and formaed it, I could keep my weapon or frame's setup, but the mods would "unlock" as it gained levels and the mods that don't meet the required level would not work. This would also cut down on the time redoing a setup after applying forma between missions.

This definitely would be good to have I think.