Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Had A Nice Concept, But Failed Miserably With Its Execution (Glaxion Feedback)

PeanutMonster

my mistake, i screwed up the maths, it's not as bad dps wise as it looked out to be  just it's technically unusable, you've got 30s of fire with the full magazine, at this point it isn't even about ammo efficiency (which isn't going to be there. no point in getting a mutation couse it's simply ain't enough ammo in this game to keep this thing firing) it's about the overkill caused by the way sustained damage ticks and the fact that a small fps drop can cost you half a magazine.

All in all after spending some time with warframe builder i've got to say, that's not as bad as the braton but's definitely way sub par than the grakata (you can check, grakata, glaxion, and the glaxion max dps build is absolutely out of question in real play settings).

Simply put the grakata is more ammo efficient, has longer range, has more cc potential, has way more dps and does not suffer from the drawbacks of elemental weapons. now if it's fine for a mr6 weapon that requires amprex research to be unlocked and special materials to be sub par in every single aspect to a mr4 market weapon and a cheap one at that that is also very troublesome to use effectively and gets a lot of flack due to ammo starvation problems? i say it isn't.

Also note that i'm not even comparing it to synape/soma/boltor prime or other mainstream endgame weapons but worse ammo efficiency than the grakata? really? not that the grakata is bad and all weapons must have more dps but it's already walking on the razor's edge with ammo efficiency (and is completely unuseable by some players), do we really need weapons even less ammo efficient?.

Hm...

This might sound crazy but what if the ammo inefficiency stayed and the gun was made to have a much higher DPS?

buff it or i will never build it period. some players dont understand how status chance work on trigger type HELD, and making me laugh saying it's a support gun. no it's not. it's a S#&$ty weapon with awesome concepts.

Please explain status procs on held trigger weapons, oh great swami

you got it wrong it's the worst weapon existent ingame, no kidding, the glaxion gets stomped by the MK-1 braton performance wise, pretty much a cosmetic weapon

Point... missed.

Yeah, but it's a frigging freeze ray. It's BADASS.

Even if it is a below-average weapon (haven't gotten one yet, cos I have to RESEARCH) it definitely wouldn't be the first.

They ALL missed the point.

EVERYONE seems to have missed the point. What is worse? No one CARES that they missed the whole POINT of the weapon.

You know? I started to actually started to think SOME of the people who posted here had a clue. Then this came up and I am right back to square 1. Nope, no clue.

HAS TO DO DAMAGE OR IT SUCKS! *facepalm*

Edited by Kalenath

If you're going to make stupid assumptions, at least grace us with an explanation, o great one.

Okay. Stupid assumption 1:

A freeze way is supposed to 'freeze' enemies. (Silly that, it has to kill them FAST or it sucks.)

Stupid assumption 2:

A freeze ray will be a power hog. (Nope, that is silly too. Wouldn't take a lot of power to freeze an animate object. not at all. One shot, one frozen bad guy, right?)

Stupid assumption 3:

There MIGHT be something we MIGHT need the gun for in the near future. (I dunno... freezing some kind of super boss to keep him from insta-gibbing a party member? Nah, that is just stupid too. Teamwork is stupid period.)

Fine you win. It sucks as a damage dealer. Of course, it wasn't intended as one, but why cloud the whining with the facts?

So I am going to leave you all to your silliness with a quote from a very smart man.

'You can lead a fool to knowledge but you cannot make him think.' -Winston Churchill.

Edited by Kalenath

Uh, but how is freezing a boss better than just getting him gibbed before he can do damage?

Utility weapons are fine, but until they make them kinda, uh, competitive(?) against the damage dealt in the same time then we don't need no freeze guns, may they be cool or not (punishing puns).

Okay. Stupid assumption 1:

A freeze way is supposed to 'freeze' enemies. (Silly that, it has to kill them FAST or it sucks.)

To be honest, I kind of expected the freeze ray to be able to freeze parts of an enemy's body (the foot, the arm etc.) when we point the ray at those parts for half a second or so. Just for the sake of better utility.

-silly stuff-

What do you mean I win? I said it's badass. Because it's a freeze ray. Freeze rays are AWESOME.

When I saw the video of it I assumed it was going to be for, you know, freezing enemies.

I didn't say anything about its damage. Get outta here.

The problem with Ignis, Glaxion, or I could bring up Tysis, but it doesn't suffer from that, is the fact, that they should have insane status. The Glaxion in it's current form (at least as I can tell from stats) is something like "hey, look, we've made a freeze gun, but, uhh, it just freezes stuff *sometimes*, not often but it sometimes does"... It should FREEZE a lot, not just 15% of the time. Ignis should set stuff on fire, but it does not. Why? THE STATUS IS LOW.

Edited by Filas312

Guest Tehnoobshow

The problem with Ignis, Glaxion, or I could bring up Tysis, but it doesn't suffer from that, is the fact, that they should have insane status. The Glaxion in it's current form (at least as I can tell from stats) is something like "hey, look, we've made a freeze gun, but, uhh, it just freezes stuff *sometimes*, not often but it sometimes does"... It should FREEZE a lot, not just 15% of the time. Ignis should set stuff on fire, but it does not. Why? THE STATUS IS LOW.

They need to have an innate status chance for their original element that is unaffected by what mods you put on it. (Always 50% chance per second to Proc cold/heat)

What do you mean I win? I said it's badass. Because it's a freeze ray. Freeze rays are AWESOME.

When I saw the video of it I assumed it was going to be for, you know, freezing enemies.

I didn't say anything about its damage. Get outta here.

And you have used it and it didn't freeze them even after hitting them repeatedly.

Odd, it does that for me. Frequently.

Then again, I modded it with max cold damage and as high a status chance as I could get. Silly I know, to mod a freeze ray to freeze people better.

Oh swami, I am sorry I insulted YOUR ability to NOT use a weapon to it's strengths. That was my mistake. I won't make it again.

Edited by Kalenath

And you have used it and it didn't freeze them even after hitting them repeatedly.

Odd, it does that for me. Frequently.

Then again, I modded it with max cold damage and as high a status chance as I could get. Silly I know, to mod a freeze ray to freeze people better.

Oh swami, I am sorry I insulted YOUR ability to NOT use a weapon to it's strengths. That was my mistake. I won't make it again.

Who are you even talking to now? Seriously?

Read my first post, where I say I HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT.

I said I assumed it would be for freezing enemies.

I said this because people are talking about DAMAGE when I thought it would be for FREEZING and not for DEALING DAMAGE.

You're silly. Get outta here.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

well you don't really make sense , it's a weapon what you want to use it for, making baloons? no wait the nukor already does that (and it still kills stuff and has more proc potential tbh). weapons kill stuff usually and it's not like it has some kind of utility with that low proc chance.

I said I assumed it would be for freezing enemies.

I said this because people are talking about DAMAGE when I thought it would be for FREEZING and not for DEALING DAMAGE.

freeze proc doesn't exist only frost "freeze" frezes stuff in this game, it doesn't work like let's say in bioshock, cold proc causes a slowdown of negligible usefullness on anything other than infested.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Point... missed.

They ALL missed the point.

EVERYONE seems to have missed the point. What is worse? No one CARES that they missed the whole POINT of the weapon.

You know? I started to actually started to think SOME of the people who posted here had a clue. Then this came up and I am right back to square 1. Nope, no clue.

You pull the ignorance/"everyone is insane but me" card

every

single

day.

And each time, nobody is

ever

saying

this. In fact, I see more people complain about the ammo consumption or the lack of utility than I see complain just about the damage.

Cool, you got your Glaxion to slow stuff. Meanwhile the Amprex can do the same thing (better) and so much more.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Two questions concerning the Glaxion before I have it crafted:

1. How does it perform with Mirage's clones? (I kinda base the effectiveness of a weapon on how powerful the clones make it. Crazy, but that's how I roll)

2. Does it have innate penetration, or will I have to mod for it?

Two questions concerning the Glaxion before I have it crafted:

1. How does it perform with Mirage's clones? (I kinda base the effectiveness of a weapon on how powerful the clones make it. Crazy, but that's how I roll)

2. Does it have innate penetration, or will I have to mod for it?

1. worse than most weapons as you've only got a short range beam so most likely you won't it the enemy with clone beams and you'r beam is already weak so clone beams are even weaker

2. no it doesn't and you ABSOLUTELY cannot equip shred on this as the RoF is already crazy super high (double the grakata), so you've got to use metal auger if you really want penetration

also grakata>>glaxion in every single aspect and it works better with hall of mirrors

Edited by bl4ckhunter

I agree its terrible

Grakata isn't that bad. Its a nice weapon, but no one cares about it because the Soma is basicaly a upgraded Grakata.

The grakata and soma are completely different weapons. The grakata can debuff enemies and allow you to kill level 120's whereas the somas damage fall off dooms it to sticking sub level 70 enemies. A properly built 5 forma soma v. 5 forma grakata are completely different. The Grakata has more Utility where the Soma has more raw power. Don't make me go on.... i can...