The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Equipment Configurations Needed (A,b,c,d,e) - One For All Factions

KuroSenshi

Every enemy faction has its own weaknesses (elemental and physical damage types).

For example:

Grineer: Heat, Radiation, Corrosive

Corpus: Cold, Electric, Magnetic

Infested: Heat, Gas

Corrupted: Heat, Viral

Tenno (PvP): Cold, Toxin, Corrosive, Viral

Of course these are only simplified representations of the weakness / strength stats.

Every faction has different enemy types, each with its own strength / weakness.

Sufficed to say - 3 weapon and warframe configurations (A,B,C) are NOT ENOUGH for high level (endless) missions where every hit counts.

It's enough for easy missions since it doesn't really matter what you take, most enemies die with 1 hit of every weapon.

But almost every player above player (mastery) level 8 plays endless missions exclusively (disregarding low level missions to bring up new equipment).

But assassination missions (boss) and endless (survival, defense, interception) are a completely different matter.

The higher the wave, the higher the enemy level, the more obvious the weaknesses / strengths become.

There is nobody who ever made it to 60 minutes in Tower 4 Survival with a badly configured weapon set - after 45 minutes you would deal almost no damage - at least not fast enough to make it.

The result is that everyone keeps switching there weapon and warframe configurations manually - depending on the enemy faction you face in the next high level mission.

It is an easy thing to do to add these 2 additional slots to the existing program code - and it's absolutely vital for all good players that play high level missions daily or regularly.

For all those who wish to check the weakness / strength information about all factions:

Just google "warframe wiki", pick one and check the "damage" or "damage 2.0" section.

Edited by KuroSenshi

A B C that's 3, plus we have 5 customizable load out, so technically we can have 15 different setup to play with. We just have to remember what we did on the ABC tho since we can't name it.

But yeah more option would be nice.

Edited by Dalawantahr

Every enemy faction has its own weaknesses (elemental and physical damage types).

For example:

Grineer: Heat, Radiation, Corrosive

Corpus: Cold, Electric, Magnetic

Infested: Heat, Gas

Corrupted: Heat, Viral

Tenno (PvP): Cold, Toxin, Corrosive, Viral

Of course these are only simplified representations of the weakness / strength stats.

Every faction has different enemy types, each with its own strength / weakness.

Sufficed to say - 3 weapon and warframe configurations (A,B,C) are NOT ENOUGH for high level (endless) missions where every hit counts.

It's enough for easy missions since it doesn't really matter what you take, most enemies die with 1 hit of every weapon.

But almost every player above player (mastery) level 8 plays endless missions exclusively (disregarding low level missions to bring up new equipment).

But assassination missions (boss) and endless (survival, defense, interception) are a completely different matter.

The higher the wave, the higher the enemy level, the more obvious the weaknesses / strengths become.

There is nobody who ever made it to 60 minutes in Tower 4 Survival with a badly configured weapon set - after 45 minutes you would deal almost no damage - at least not fast enough to make it.

The result is that everyone keeps switching there weapon and warframe configurations manually - depending on the enemy faction you face in the next high level mission.

It is an easy thing to do to add these 2 additional slots to the existing program code - and it's absolutely vital for all good players that play high level missions daily or regularly.

For all those who wish to check the weakness / strength information about all factions:

Just google "warframe wiki", pick one and check the "damage" or "damage 2.0" section.

How do you but cold, toxin, (A.K.A Viral) Corrosive (A.K.A Also using Toxin) and Viral (A.K.A Already made) on one weapon?

Also, how do you do Radiation and Corrosive on the same class? 

I'm not sure anyone plays conclave or Conflicts enough to need a fifth config for Tenno. Besides conflicts doesn't even give you your mods until you "level up" it's kinda stupid...

Then the other three for infested, Corpus and Grineer. 

Grineer Corrosive

Infested Gas

Corpus Magnetic. 

I only use the things that are most effective against the majority of the faction that will be coming at me. So, Lancers, Heavy Gunners, seekers, all grineer melee units we need to get rid of that ferrite armor. So Corrosive is the Go to. And Yadda yadda yadda... Heat and Corrosive is most effective against Grineer.

Magnetic and Viral are most effective against Corpus. 

Gas and Electric for Infested (Electric doesn't have damage bonuses... But it also doesn't have damage reductions and it's a chaining proc with stun, which is very valuable against infested.) It would say blast instead of electric for the damage bonus, but it has a small AoE. I think electric chains further. 

Viral and heat for Corrupted. 

Also, three weapons with three different configurations according to their strengths is enough to destory any faction if done right.

If you set up your primary with Radiation, Cold and Puncture for Bombards, Elites and other heavies with alloy armor, you'll destory them. Then your secondary with Corrosive and and heat for the light work. Then your melee with Blast and Corrosive for everything in between, you'd be absolutely fine. 

If you need more than three weapons with specific tasks on high levels, stop doing solo. 

If you like solo so much, bring a specter. 

If you don't like specters and like solo too much, I don't know what to tell you. You're not doing it right. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Corrosive is better for Corrupted imo. But yeah, another slot or two would make things easier.

Corrosive doesn't help against corrupted corpus units. 

If you add heat to that mix it makes it much better for everything Corrupted. 

Though, Viral is 75% more effective against cloned flesh, like corrupted Grineer and 50% more effective against corrupted Corpus. Where as corrosive is only 75% more effective against Ferrite Armor, like heavy gunners and 75% more against fossilized armor. 

Viral effects Heavy Gunners, too. As they have health and armor. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

It'd be nice, but personally, I don't need the extra load outs. I use Radiation and Viral for Grineer, Magnetic and Toxin for Corpus, and  Corrosive and Fire for the Void and Infested. On high status weapons I might try out Gas and Electric for Infested, but it's an easy switch back to Corrosive and Fire. 

Who only plays endless missions? I'm MR14, almost 15, and I still enjoy doing Exterminates, Captures, and Mobile Defenses. Doing the same thing over and over and over a hundred times is an easy way to burn yourself out.

Corrosive doesn't help against corrupted corpus units. 

If you add heat to that mix it makes it much better for everything Corrupted. 

Though, Viral is 75% more effective against cloned flesh, like corrupted Grineer and 50% more effective against corrupted Corpus. Where as corrosive is only 75% more effective against Ferrite Armor, like heavy gunners and 75% more against fossilized armor. 

Viral effects Heavy Gunners, too. As they have health and armor. 

The only problem with Viral is that it doesn't affect armor, and that the high armor that the Gunners have will mitigate Viral dmg. Unless you are running 4x CP, I wouldn't recommend Viral for Void. Corrosive deals dmg to armor, making it easier to take down the Heavy Gunners, who are arguably the toughest enemies in the Void.

The only problem with Viral is that it doesn't affect armor, and that the high armor that the Gunners have will mitigate Viral dmg. Unless you are running 4x CP, I wouldn't recommend Viral for Void. Corrosive deals dmg to armor, making it easier to take down the Heavy Gunners, who are arguably the toughest enemies in the Void.

Finishers ignore armor. So just kick it in the face and it's armor mitigation means nothing. 

Edit: I'm sorry, I forgot Ground Finishers and Finishers are different things. But it does add %400 before reduction. Which is pretty good. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Finishers ignore armor. So just kick it in the face and it's armor mitigation means nothing. 

Edit: I'm sorry, I forgot Ground Finishers and Finishers are different things. But it does add %400 before reduction. Which is pretty good.

You also forgot that Groubd Finisher is melee only, and ability Finishers ignores SHIELDS, not armor.

You also forgot that Groubd Finisher is melee only, and ability Finishers ignores SHIELDS, not armor.

Ability finishers ignore armor. Unless they changed it recently. 

And there's no reason to not use a melee. Especially if you're doing high levels, you should definitely run a melee and with Life Strike. Instant health regen > Rejuvanation

Ability finishers ignore armor. Unless they changed it recently.

And there's no reason to not use a melee. Especially if you're doing high levels, you should definitely run a melee and with Life Strike. Instant health regen > Rejuvanation

Ability finishers were changed.

Yes, you should use a melee with Life Strike. I've never said anything about not having a melee weapon. I was originally trying to say how Corrosive is better than Viral for Voids, unless running with 4x CP.

Edited by Yazeth

Are those weaknesses from the codex? I never used the scanner so I don't know.

But anyways, the combo I always use (and I use a boltor prime, keep in mind that some weaknesses are covered by puncture damage) for each faction is: 

Grineer > Radiation + Viral

Corpus > Magnetic + Toxin

Infested > Corrosive + Heat

Corrupted > see Infested

Tenno > see Corpus

I have went through the weakness chart multiple times and found these are the combos that would work well with the least disadvantages (and with a puncture weapon).

I only use 3 slots as the Tenno have shields and are easily taken out with toxin, and for the Corrupted, corrosive takes care of Heavy Gunners and Ancients, while heat provides a bonus on Grineers. It's the best compromise imho.

I don't think we really need 5 slots, but then again it requires planning ahead.

Ability finishers were changed.

Yes, you should use a melee with Life Strike. I've never said anything about not having a melee weapon. I was originally trying to say how Corrosive is better than Viral for Voids, unless running with 4x CP.

Can I see which patch notes they were on so I can prepare some new loadouts. Either the link or just the number of the patch. 

I don't understand why they'd change to to only ignoring shield when only one faction (excluding the Tenno) has shields. Along with the armor ignore it did extra damage to finished infested. 

Can I see which patch notes they were on so I can prepare some new loadouts. Either the link or just the number of the patch. 

I don't understand why they'd change to to only ignoring shield when only one faction (excluding the Tenno) has shields. Along with the armor ignore it did extra damage to finished infested. 

I remember that Wikia had said shield ignore at one point, but now it's saying armor ignore. I guess someone changed it. I did remember that Ash's Bladestorm did a bit less dmg against Grineer than Corpus though before. I'm not sure now, but that was how it was when I last used Ash. Gotta do some testing once I get the chance to.

As for the extra dmg against Infested, I think that was a thing already. I think there's a 2x multiplier against Sinew, or something like that.

Aren't Corrupted and Infested build the same?

Tbh all factions can be killed decently fast by corrosive + blast.

Minmaxing regarding elements starts to matter around 100lvl which was never meant to be done and if you want to do this you should have some coordination with team and tune elements to cover most important procs.

Also why isnt it in feedback??

Edited by Davoodoo

Why exactly do you need 5 faction specific builds for every single weapon? You can't be bothered to just swap weapons for different occasions?

Some of the combos like radiation+corrosive can't even be done unless they have the innate elemental damage.

So no, 5 loadouts for each weapon isn't needed.

Why exactly do you need 5 faction specific builds for every single weapon? You can't be bothered to just swap weapons for different occasions?

Some of the combos like radiation+corrosive can't even be done unless they have the innate elemental damage.

So no, 5 loadouts for each weapon isn't needed.

Well sometimes it's just not elemental combo, maybe just one combo and the rest are non elemental mod. When you need to change things a lot and quickly then yeah why not, I do that often.

-snip-

i prefer to have total of 4 loadout slot that is RE-NAMEABLE 

its annoying to know what letter for what on soo many gear

AND WHY THE F CANT WF GET THE RE-NAMEABLE ABILITY WHILE EVEN BROWSER BASE GAME HAS IT ALREADY -_-

beta is NO EXCUSE

Edited by luanle21

Corrosive cold everywhere you go, infested in the freezer better than infested at neck. Cold is enough for shield. Corrosive is enough for grineer. Cold is enough for bombards. All you need is some forma love.

It really does not matter. Slash is only important for nekros.
After you got maxed mods and stuff does it really matter if you can kill instantly 70 level enemies with wrong elements?
Problems is that they start to kill you instant pretty soon.

Edited by Agullimux