The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Keep Playing?

Understray

I honestly don't see the point of coming back to this game until some more content is added. There is no "end-game". I unlocked all but 2 planets within 5 hours of playtime, and I have yet to unlock them because I don't see the point. Honestly, the majority of the time spent on this game was spent trying to craft Ember so I could play defense missions with her, but with these new maps, that kind of just ruined the entire point of me playing. Hell, I can't even do alert missions unless I solo, because that whole "lost connection to the host" S#&$.

Just wondering why people spend more than a couple of minutes on this game a day.

Straight up game play.  Let me ask you this.  Why do people play WoW even though once they hit "end game" it takes months to years for new content to come.  Is raiding the same bosses over and over again fun?  I think the gameplay here is a lot more solid, and I enjoy running with my clan.  We have fun, we kill things, and then we look forward to the new stuff the next week.

Well, most of my enjoyment comes from progression. I enjoy upgrading my gear and seeing that unranked piece of garbage become an unstoppable titan. Every week, I look at the market and wonder what weapon I should try next. I'm also looking into some warframes that I haven't touched, yet.

That and I have 2-3 friends that I consistently play with and I enjoy the banter between us during our games. The discussions between us about the ups and downs of certain equipment and warframes keeps me interested as well.

I'll probably be able to keep this up for a few more weeks, but I'll probably start seeing this game as more of a time-killer. Something like Left 4 Dead. That game introduces pretty much nothing with multiple playthroughs, but I still find it fun every single time I play it with friends or random people despite having seen every single twist and turn in that game.

I play because I enjoy the gameplay as well as the map design. If you're just playing to beat the game, or what there is of it now, then yes you will probably get bored rather fast.

I'm not playing to beat the game, I just don't see the longevity in the game. When I first started playing, I was having a nice amount of fun unlocking planets and getting to higher difficulties, but after a little bit I noticed that it wasn't really going anywhere. I was just fighting tougher enemies to fight tougher enemies. No higher rewards, no better weapons.

"I had a bad experience, why isn't it effecting you?"

Thats what I read.

More "I had a bad experience, what am I missing?" Everyone plays for different reasons, and the thread title says "Why do you keep playing?", not "Why aren't you quitting for the same reasons I am."

It's fun. Why else would anyone stay? Perhaps it's not as "deep" as it could be yet, but it's still early days...part of the excitement for me is to be here during beta and see just how the game evolves. There is so much potential with Warframe, and I for one can't wait to see how well it does once DE really start to flesh things out.

True, sometimes it feels like I'm beating my head against the wall...but I tend to forget I have to hold the space-bar.

I honestly don't see the point of coming back to this game until some more content is added. There is no "end-game". I unlocked all but 2 planets within 5 hours of playtime, and I have yet to unlock them because I don't see the point. Honestly, the majority of the time spent on this game was spent trying to craft Ember so I could play defense missions with her, but with these new maps, that kind of just ruined the entire point of me playing. Hell, I can't even do alert missions unless I solo, because that whole "lost connection to the host" S#&$.

Just wondering why people spend more than a couple of minutes on this game a day.

What end game do you want?

Because as far as i know end game means doing one dungeon/raid over and over for loot. Which you can do here in every planet for Frames.

I've always been a fan of Digital Extremes since the Unreal Tournament map packs, and they've come a long way since. I want this game to do well and I hope they keep supporting SOLO mode and I'd like to see a DUO mode also, thus I supported them and like the game. Lately some of the updates have made it less fun though. I definitely DO NOT want some end game that promotes one playstyle (grouping) over a casual 1-2 player style that I play.  I solo or duo with a friend because my connection will never get better anytime soon and playing with people across the world is lost connection, lag and not fun to me anyway.

Hopefully two people can get a Dojo and all that when it comes.

If they wanted to expand the game, they should give us some mapping tools, let us map and submit maps for review. I do not want some prestige thing at the end. I hate that type of gameplay. it really makes it game over for me.  So far the games been somewhat playable in the way it was represented (solo being an option) but they need a duo mode too. Private seems to scale differently.

Edited by BloodDoll

What end game do you want?

Because as far as i know end game means doing one dungeon/raid over and over for loot. Which you can do here in every planet for Frames.

Mostly a tough enemy with rewards. Right now, I'm fighting tough enemies that drop the same thing as the enemies on the starting planet. I mean, you can farm bosses for warframes, but after you craft that, then what? After a day or two, you're back to the same level as your old warframe, with nothing to do.

Because Warframe is cool. Space Ninjas. Cool Devs. Awesome melee weapons. eh... etc...

I don't care for rushers.

If you see me in game and tell me to break every crate and kill everything with you. I will be more than happy to do it.

Mostly a tough enemy with rewards. Right now, I'm fighting tough enemies that drop the same thing as the enemies on the starting planet. I mean, you can farm bosses for warframes, but after you craft that, then what? After a day or two, you're back to the same level as your old warframe, with nothing to do.

Isnt that what happens in other games? After you got your set.... you go play an alt, you fish, etc.

In this game you cant fish but you can level another frame.

We have been seeing a "bug" where six peolpe can join a game so maybe they will add a huge boss fight soon that requires 6 people. Until then... do what you do in other games.

If they tried to make the boss fights like Dark Souls and kept the Solo/play how you want ability then I'd be all for it. No forced grouping. I don't want to be feel forced to play content with strangers like some typical mmo or something, and I have no other friends who play this because they disliked the characters (warframes) or whatever.

I wish they'd rework Hyena. I still can't beat him with the best ranked stuff. It's frustrating when a quality game like Dark Souls has boss fights that are possible and viable on every build, but this game doesn't. That's my only real issue. It is beta still, so they'll probably work it out. I have faith after I got a definite yes to solo the whole game from a DE employee on twitter, that this game will only get better and not worse like ME3 did.

Edited by BloodDoll

I keep playing for the gameplay and to max out everything.  I wouldn't care about maxing out everything if the gameplay weren't so appealing.  I'm looking forward to dojos and I feel like DE has made a bunch of great decisions with the way the game has progressed so far, so I'm excited to see where they take it.  I love PVP and shooters, but inevitably they stress/rage me out.  Warframe gives me a good break in between that.

Why do people play golf when it's the same game everytime and they probably only have access to a small number of courses?

And to OP....5 hours to open every map? I've been playing this almost every night for about 3 to 4 hours per night for the last two weeks and I am nowhere near that. I have all of Mercury, Saturn, Venus and some of Earth and Neptune open but that's it. And I have been progressing as fast as I can, and only repeating a few levels with friends who were behind me. Do I really suck that bad? Or are you exaggerating? (or both lol)

Something like Left 4 Dead. That game introduces pretty much nothing with multiple playthroughs, but I still find it fun every single time I play it with friends or random people despite having seen every single twist and turn in that game.

Nitpick: L4D never gets old because there are dozens, in fact hundreds of user-made maps to download, many of which are extremely good and introduce many new "features".