Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Showcase Of How Well Wall Attacks Work.

(PSN)theelix

Sorry, it's hard to get it from Facebook to my computer to Youtube, so I just left it on Facebook. 

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xfa1/v/t43.1792-2/10582457_1490800761160189_1079840266_n.mp4?oh=b5ec47a0f12c3790ebc61b36d9b1c1b0&oe=540595B7&__gda__=1409653033_762f4c741d34f10acf530b03ec476226

5:07: I was pushed around the guy I was trying to kill and ended up killing the person behind him. Which is why I said Thumbs up, DE.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Well... It is difficult to execute, thats for sure. But I do use Wall Attacks especially in choke points where it decreases the likelihood of you missing. From what I seen the entire video was about running around the enemies trying to hit them with wall attacks. It would be better as a compilation of successful wall attack hits, cropping out misses, I guess.

Good video, keep it up!

Edited by X3Evanescence

Well... It is difficult to execute, thats for sure. But I do use Wall Attacks especially in choke points where it decreases the likelihood of you missing. From what I seen the entire video was about running around the enemies trying to hit them with wall attacks. It would be better as a compilation of successful wall attack hits, cropping out misses, I guess.

Good video, keep it up!

I wanted to show case the actual hit detection and range (especially the range) of the wall attack. 

At moments around the 5 minute mark, I'd definitely collide with mobs, but it wouldn't be a hit. The range is too short for something that is really only viable at mid-long range. 

I wanted to show case the actual hit detection and range (especially the range) of the wall attack. 

At moments around the 5 minute mark, I'd definitely collide with mobs, but it wouldn't be a hit. The range is too short for something that is really only viable at mid-long range. 

You were also using a very short range weapon.  And wall attacks are not meant to be used all the time, I dont think anyway.

I'd definitely collide with mobs, but it wouldn't be a hit.

That's because you have to aim higher. Consider it as if your Wall Attack crosshair would stay 1-2 inches under your normal crosshair.

I learned it while trying to destroy cameras, trapdoors and similiar with only melee.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

You were also using a very short range weapon.  And wall attacks are not meant to be used all the time, I dont think anyway.

Wall attacks all have the same range within the categories.

And ironically, the Venka's being a light weapon means they go much farther with their wall attacks. 

In order of distance, 

Venka.

Hands and feet

Fist

Dual daggers

Daggers

Dual Swords

Long Swords

Heavies

Sword and Shield.

I'm not sure about whips.

The stupid thing, which is how I'll explain what I mean by range, is that after the attack animation is done, you're stuck and you stop being able to hit things. Which is also my answer to Burnthesteak87.

That's because you have to aim higher. Consider it as if your Wall Attack crosshair would stay 1-2 inches under your normal crosshair.

I learned it while trying to destroy cameras, trapdoors and similiar with only melee.

It's not that I was close and just didn't hit them, excluding 5:07. It's more that after the attack animation is done, you can't do anything at all and you're not in a position to be able to do damage to anything. 

It annoys me the most that the attack has a silver lining. A one and a half second gateway from when you start to when you finish the attack that'll allow you to do damage to things. 

You'll start at the wall and go into a preping animation, where you kick off the wall and you will not do damage in these two seconds. 

In the one and a half seconds that you've fully kicked off from the wall and swung your weapon, that is the only time you'll be able to do damage to anything until you land. 

And if you're using a Venka, you can go easily 20 meters without being able to do anything. Sometimes you can press the crouch button and hit the floor sooner, other than that you're stuck in the end of the animation, flying through the air.