Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Strict Nat Detected?

MarioMillionsJr

Good day guys! Please help!

I want to play along with my friends and help them!
Newly recruited for Warframe. And I don't want them to be discourage!

With the help of YouTube saviors. I had fixed this problem through IP hosting by port forwarding the reported UDP ports(4950 & 4955) from the in-game strict nat detection.

Screenshots:
PORTFORWARDING_zps6c84cbb3.jpg

And yet. Still?
WarframeUDPport_zps56cdb606.jpg

I always get this message, everytime I log in.

Any other solutions might help based from your knowledge! Please! Just Please! :'(

(Sorry for my english)

Edited by ---.SabeR_

Its not related to router or modem.

When logging in i randomly get message strict nat detected and until i relaunch game and wont get this error i cant connect to any other player.

Seems like netcode fault.

Edited by Davoodoo

How many computers are connect to your modem/router usually? If you do have multiple computers connecting at once, is there, by any chance, that they may be also playing Warframe (or using anything that uses a lot of bandwidth)? Maybe that's another factor. I'm just guessing right now because your last section of digits in your IP is really high, Unless you modified it yourself, usually the default IP is handed out in numerical order.

Another thing. It seems like it's saying that it will open all ports between 4950 to 4955 on the interface. Try opening each port on a separate section. So 4950 to 4950 and 4955 to 4955. Again, just another wild guess.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

How many computers are connect to your modem/router usually? If you do have multiple computers connecting at once, is there, by any chance, that they may be also playing Warframe (or using anything that uses a lot of bandwidth)? Maybe that's another factor. I'm just guessing right now because your last section of digits in your IP is really high, Unless you modified it yourself, usually the default IP is handed out in numerical order.

Another thing. It seems like it's saying that it will open all ports between 4950 to 4955 on the interface. Try opening each port on a separate section. So 4950 to 4950 and 4955 to 4955. Again, just another wild guess.

I'm the only one whose playing Warframe, and the other one is my grandfather who is just using laptop surfing the net with just wireless or wi-fi. And my cousins using it's wi-fi too. 

And you're saying UNLESS I CAN MODIFY IT. But how? By renewing IP address in Status?

And about the ANOTHER THING you said, how to do it? For example? 4950 to 4950? and 4955 to 4955? In different sections?

Edited by ---.SabeR_

Alright, tried your advises like this, in different sections now:

changed_zps0a94f20d.jpg

And still, STRICT NAT DETECTED (facepalms*)

My 144(last section of my IP address). Is changing to 117, now its 134. Why is that? Everytime I change settings of port forwarding the 4950 & 4955

Because you are using the default DHCP settings. 

dynamic IP means that the IP address will change. Usually just the last 3 digits change. You have to go to you DHCP or STATIC IP section, depends on the modem. Static IP can be a subsection of DHCP.

Then you have to figure out the MAC Address of your ethernet or wireless adapter on the computer you play, and map that MAC address to a permanent (static) IP address. 

If you have DHCP in the range 100-200 for instance, you can give your computer a fixed IP lower than 100 and higher than 1, or higher than 200 and lower than 250. It's good to have it outside the DHCP range to avoid conflicts. It shouldn't matter if it is inside the DHCP range, but some routers have bad code which causes problems. 

Save and reboot your router and computer, and make sure your computer is using the fixed IP you have just assigned. 

Remake the port forward rules to point to the fixed IP you have just assigned to your computer. It should work afterwards, perhaps after one more reboot. 

This should be moved to players helping players.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Because you are using the default DHCP settings. 

dynamic IP means that the IP address will change. Usually just the last 3 digits change. You have to go to you DHCP or STATIC IP section, depends on the modem. Static IP can be a subsection of DHCP.

Then you have to figure out the MAC Address of your ethernet or wireless adapter on the computer you play, and map that MAC address to a permanent (static) IP address. 

If you have DHCP in the range 100-200 for instance, you can give your computer a fixed IP lower than 100 and higher than 1, or higher than 200 and lower than 250. It's good to have it outside the DHCP range to avoid conflicts. It shouldn't matter if it is inside the DHCP range, but some routers have bad code which causes problems. 

Save and reboot your router and computer, and make sure your computer is using the fixed IP you have just assigned. 

Remake the port forward rules to point to the fixed IP you have just assigned to your computer. It should work afterwards, perhaps after one more reboot. 

This should be moved to players helping players.

can explain step by step, how?

because I can't find DHCP and what is DHCP?

Edited by ---.SabeR_

What is DHCP?

Is also a question for players helping players. 

DHCP is a thing in modems and routers to make, simply speaking, computers to talk to each other. Inside our homes we have a private subnet, usually with a family of addresses in the range 10.0.0.x or 192.168.1.x. It can vary a little bit, but those are the most common numbers. 

Each computer must get a different IP address, otherwise there would be a conflict. just like your house and the neighbor has a different number. Mail needs all addresses to be unique, otherwise the destination will be unknown and communication breaks down. It's the same with computers.

So, your modem or wireless router has this little service called DHCP which automatically assigns IP addresses to each computer and tracks them all, so that it never gives the same address twice, without the user having to do any convoluted configuration on each machine at their home network (aka subnet).

I can't tell you step-by-step how to change your device settings because all interfaces are different. But usually they have some commonality. The best you can do is to get acquainted with the terms, eventually you will get familiar with the names and will be able to navigate on the interfaces. 

You can find your mac address under connection settings, on windows. The terms MAC Address or Physical Address are what you are looking for. It's a number like this : 33-66-99-AA-CC-FF (6 double-digit hexadecimal numbers). 

Under DHCP on your router, you will find a configuration option for 'Static Adresses'.  you have to match your MAC/Physical address with an fixed IP number inside your network.

For instance, if your DHCP is giving 50 numbers starting from 192.168.1.100, you could assign your computer the number 192.168.1.99 .

You should download your device's manual in PDF from the internet and check some forums specific about setting up personal/home networks, there are great tutorials on the internet. 

What is DHCP?

Is also a question for players helping players. 

DHCP is a thing in modems and routers to make, simply speaking, computers to talk to each other. Inside our homes we have a private subnet, usually with a family of addresses in the range 10.0.0.x or 192.168.1.x. It can vary a little bit, but those are the most common numbers. 

Each computer must get a different IP address, otherwise there would be a conflict. just like your house and the neighbor has a different number. Mail needs all addresses to be unique, otherwise the destination will be unknown and communication breaks down. It's the same with computers.

So, your modem or wireless router has this little service called DHCP which automatically assigns IP addresses to each computer and tracks them all, so that it never gives the same address twice, without the user having to do any convoluted configuration on each machine at their home network (aka subnet).

I can't tell you step-by-step how to change your device settings because all interfaces are different. But usually they have some commonality. The best you can do is to get acquainted with the terms, eventually you will get familiar with the names and will be able to navigate on the interfaces. 

You can find your mac address under connection settings, on windows. The terms MAC Address or Physical Address are what you are looking for. It's a number like this : 33-66-99-AA-CC-FF (6 double-digit hexadecimal numbers). 

Under DHCP on your router, you will find a configuration option for 'Static Adresses'.  you have to match your MAC/Physical address with an fixed IP number inside your network.

For instance, if your DHCP is giving 50 numbers starting from 192.168.1.100, you could assign your computer the number 192.168.1.99 .

You should download your device's manual in PDF from the internet and check some forums specific about setting up personal/home networks, there are great tutorials on the internet. 

Great! By explaining things like this, had solved my problems. Done! Awesome! Thanks a lot bro! Appreciated it a lot! You Rocks!

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Edited by ---.SabeR_