Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why We Need Clan Tier Downsize.

-Ozymandias-

That still leads to exploits. If you want a smaller clan then disband and start a new one.  DE should be promoting and pushing people to have full clans via active players and recruiting, not through downgrades.

Explain how could that ever lead to exploits?

And no, i don't wanna lose my clan enblem and name.

Then deal with it. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

He is dealing with it, trying to get some option to achieve what he needs.

But still, tell me please how it could lead into exploits? I guess it's harder to specify than 'Then deal with it' crap.

Enlighten us.

The option to downsize our clans just ONCE (as i mentioned in this post); how can it be exploited?

As I said before, people won't accept it as a one time deal.  They will get it once then complain that it should be available to them again, and again.  You were already a lower ranked clan once.  It is pretty clear that you know how it could be exploited since you keep bringing up the "once" thing.

As I said before, people won't accept it as a one time deal.  They will get it once then complain that it should be available to them again, and again.  You were already a lower ranked clan once.  It is pretty clear that you know how it could be exploited since you keep bringing up the "once" thing.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I just don't get why some people in this forums just like to argue without bringing some valid points to their arguments.

I already made valid points. 

-There is no reason to allow for a single downgrade but not multiple downgrades.

-If multiple downgrades are allowed then the system would be incredibly easy to exploit

I am sorry if you lack the mental capability to grasp something so simple, but your inability to understand simple logic does not mean that  it is not a valid point.

Just limit it to one downgrade a month or something.

Clan research tech strategy needs to be changed anyway. You end up getting self interested people (which goes against the entire point of joining a clan in the first place) who only wanna join to get weapons and leave shortly after. Should be a way to research em in your ship on your own or something, but at additional cost so it'd still take a while, while maintaining the advantage of having other people help research in clans so joining a clan isn't pointless.

I already made valid points. 

-There is no reason to allow for a single downgrade but not multiple downgrades.

-If multiple downgrades are allowed then the system would be incredibly easy to exploit

I am sorry if you lack the mental capability to grasp something so simple, but your inability to understand simple logic does not mean that  it is not a valid point.

There is a reason to allow for a single downgrade: to avoid exploits. This is what i explained in the first place.

But have a nice day, end of the argument.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my situation is a bit different. I need a down size due to the fact that I had a upset clan memeber build the last 3 barracks to boost us up to moon clan then left the clan. Now I have clan members leaving because the 8 of us cant get all the resources we need. I only had 16 in my clan and never intended on making it a moon clan. Now I'm stuck with it unless they allow for down sizing.

Personally i would like to see a more organic clan size/research cost system.

You could have a counter of some sort that resets on the first of each month that counts each unique player that logs in and is in the clan on any day during the month

As the counter reaches a clan size threshold and also at the end of the month your research requirements are set to match the bracket that the counter falls into.

Players that leave or are kicked throughout the month are still counted to avoid a monthly kick for low member counts at reset.

For example a clan has 17 people on its roster. Of these people 8 log in at least once during the month of January. The clan falls into the Ghost clan category for the month of February as there were only 8 active members.

During February 11 members log in at some point. One member is kicked during the month and another leaves. Even though there are now only 9 active players, because 11 active players were in the clan during the month the moment the 11th player logged on they will be upgraded to have the Shadow clan rating and requirements which persists for the remainder of that month and also for the next month of March.

This allows for far greater flexibility for natural periods of growth and decline within a clan over time with reasonable barriers to avoid people trying to exploit the system.

Edited by Slacka

@(XB1)Smokemholcomb
That is one of the cases where you can contact support here:
support.warframe.com
And request a clan downsize.

It is a one time operation and only for cases like this where you either:
A) Build a barracks without meaning too
B) Have a situation like yours.

They only allow a downsize within a certain time-frame and they wont do it in the future but it is possible for them to downsize your clan again.
I would line up the barracks for deletion if you haven't already done so.

DE will investigate, see you never had that many members and such and downgrade you.

^

That's a good idea or DE could use this sort of data when dealing with downsize requests. EG if the data shows that over 50% of your members haven't logged in for 2 months or have left the clan for that time, then they will give you the downsize option, but only once. This should avoid exploits or at least limit them so that the innocent are not punished for a few potential guilty.

Or give the first one free but charge plat for any additionals

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse