The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Tesla Grenades Need A Buff In Proc Chance.

Eyeless

Vauban is the CC frame. Pre Damage 2.0 this was the main draw of his teslas. Chain stunning oncoming hordes long enough to shoot them from one direction while his 3 other abilities took care of several other directions is how they were used. 

Ever since D2.0 though? Their main utility is picking off low level/low health fodder with the occasional yet inconsistent lightning proc.

C'mon DE, Vauban's almost perfect! His 1 just needs heightened stun utility and he'll be set!

Just because I know some of you are going to post this:

No, No we do NOT need to remove Bounce Pad from his kid. It's a fantastic on the fly mobility tool that's helped me get some fantastic kills or saved a life or two thanks to an invaluable snap height advantage. Heck, even chucking it at a Heavy's feet...

Point of this thread: DE, please buff Tesla Grenades to consistently stun enemies to make them worth deploying at higher levels. 

*Edit* Suggestion 1: Give the Teslas a combined ramp up (every zap each individual Tesla does adds to the proc chance of /all/ the teslas until they accumulate enough proc chance to subdue a large number of enemies consistently

Edited by Hastur609

I couldn't agree more.

...and if Bounce did need a change, all I'd say is to make it so you have to press 'jump' in order to use it (if you're a player; it'd still automatically launch enemies).  That way teammates could still make use of it and it'd pretty much eliminate its trolling potential.

Tesla's have a guaranteed Electric Effect on the first instance of Attacking... and then either have a uselessly low Status Chance or just don't have any.

it is a 25E Power, but it should still be useful without needing to throw down a dozen every time an Enemy appears.

Teslas should: Have 100% initial status on cast.

Begin chaining with the status effect increasing by x% per enemy hit. Have it low, but have the chaining ability make up for it.

See, that there could make spamming them at a doorway or along a hallway worthwhile. They just need to stack quicker and perhaps draw off a combined pool of 'zaps' so that the entire chain builds up a high enough proc chance to keep enemies effectively subdued.

I added this idea to the OP.

Edited by Hastur609

better idea for teslas: keep their low proc chance but make them function like Vor's rapid fire void nades............ am i right?

Vauban is a utility frame, not a damage frame. Plus if they worked like that, I'm not sure the ah, the anonymous guy *wink* in charge of making these decisions would make the damage scale. 

It's not that I don't have faith in his ability to buff things, it's been pretty good work so far, but Vauban's kit is CC, not damage.