Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Enough To Play After Destiny Comes Out.

(XBOX)Kenneh xD

I heard of Warframe about a year ago and after a grueling 2 hour download from Steam, it was ready to play, unfortunately my computer was not. And then Warframe finally came to the Xbox One because we reversed our BS policies. I have to say I really enjoy this game, so much so that I am actually considering spending money on it, which is something that I have never done with a game before. Only thing is, jeez, platinum is expensive. Lol. The only problem I seem to be having is the Rank Up system, that 24 hour countdown thing is a little annoying, eh? No? Maybe that's just me then.

Most everyone on Xbox One sees this game as something to pass the time until Destiny is finally released, but not me. I think this game is good enough to play even after Destiny comes out. Sure, it needs a little work, but it did only just get ported to the Xbox One. Did I mention how expensive platinum is?

i'm not sure i'd call Warframe 'good enough', i think i'd aim a little higher than that... but sure.

I think the phrase "good enough" was adequate. This game is great, but it is dominated by micro-transactions.

Yeah, you can buy blueprints and make said items without platinum, but the amount of time it would take to make is frightening.

Also there are a lot of items and gear that you can only buy with platinum. At least that is how it is on the Xbox One version.

I think the phrase "good enough" was adequate. This game is great, but it is dominated by micro-transactions.

Yeah, you can buy blueprints and make said items without platinum, but the amount of time it would take to make is frightening.

Also there are a lot of items and gear that you can only buy with platinum. At least that is how it is on the Xbox One version.

The only items that are plat-only are cosmetics. Period.

And compared to most f2p games warframe is downright kind. I've yet to spend a single cent on this game and I've managed to amass a sizable (all the alt helms for all 6 of my frames + syandanas and skins, like 50 weapons) collection of stuff. 

The only items that are plat-only are cosmetics. Period.

And compared to most f2p games warframe is downright kind. I've yet to spend a single cent on this game and I've managed to amass a sizable (all the alt helms for all 6 of my frames + syandanas and skins, like 50 weapons) collection of stuff.

A lot of people like cosmetics. Lul.

Well, I will admit when I am wrong. I assumed that just because all of the blueprints were not available in the market, that you had to buy them with platinum. But it seems as though there are other means of getting them such as alert missions or daily rewards. However, with those odds, perhaps it would be better to use platinum...

A lot of people like cosmetics. Lul.

Well, I will admit when I am wrong. I assumed that just because all of the blueprints were not available in the market, that you had to buy them with platinum. But it seems as though there are other means of getting them such as alert missions or daily rewards. However, with those odds, perhaps it would be better to use platinum...

Most of those are clantech, which you get from dojo labs. They're pretty easy to get. AFAIK the only ones in the market that you can buy for plat but are random drops are the stalker weapons.

Most of those are clantech, which you get from dojo labs. They're pretty easy to get. AFAIK the only ones in the market that you can buy for plat but are random drops are the stalker weapons.

Yeah, it's the "What Stalker?" bundle, that's actually the item I want to buy with platinum, that and Frost.

Yeah, it's the "What Stalker?" bundle, that's actually the item I want to buy with platinum, that and Frost.

I would strongly advise you to not buy that bundle. It's way overpriced, and Dread is really the only good weapon there.

As for Frost, buying him isn't a bad idea considering his parts come from Ceres. Though, you might want to go for the prime if you like bling.

Can you not afford Destiny?  Then Keep playing this.  If you can get Destiny then play that instead until you grow bored of it then come back to this which, will no doubt, have changed considerably in that time period and will feel like something fresh. One of the benefits fo F2P games is that they tend to constantly evolve and bring in new players, while P2Purchase games tend to die out the further they go from release.

So in short, Play Destiny near release and play this later.

I would strongly advise you to not buy that bundle. It's way overpriced, and Dread is really the only good weapon there.

As for Frost, buying him isn't a bad idea considering his parts come from Ceres. Though, you might want to go for the prime if you like bling.

I'm actually REALLY biased, I mainly want his scythe, Hate. The bow seems great as well, I've grown to dislike Kunai's as secondaries. I don't find them all that reliable on groups. I do like the way that Frost Prime looks. Is that the only difference between Frost and Frost prime, appearance?

I'm actually REALLY biased, I mainly want his scythe, Hate. The bow seems great as well, I've grown to dislike Kunai's as secondaries. I don't find them all that reliable on groups. I do like the way that Frost Prime looks. Is that the only difference between Frost and Frost prime, appearance?

The bow is awesome. You need to build it for crits though. Hate is meh, I just recently got it and it's pretty much the same as the other scythes.

And yeah, that's the only difference. He does have an extra D polarity, and all primes get free energy from trap boxes in the void, but that's it.

Can you not afford Destiny?  Then Keep playing this.  If you can get Destiny then play that instead until you grow bored of it then come back to this which, will no doubt, have changed considerably in that time period and will feel like something fresh. One of the benefits fo F2P games is that they tend to constantly evolve and bring in new players, while P2Purchase games tend to die out the further they go from release.

So in short, Play Destiny near release and play this later.

I never thought about it that way, but the F2P vs P2Purchase point was spot on.

Wait seriously? Not even a log-in reward which potentially gives you up to 75% discount off plat? Is this true for Sony? I know for a fact this can't be DE that would do this.

Well yes it is due to the Sony/Microsoft, I mean having a discount as big as that is really bad from a business standpoint. 

Like someone else said I think they have an occasional 20% discount.