Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Build Vortex Vauban?

Arzete

Question

The title says it. How do I build a Vauban that primarily uses Vortex? I used him when his vortex had a set range that could not be changed. Now, however, I read on the wiki that the range can change now.

Is max range Vortex any good? I'm just wondering since I use Paris Prime mostly. The Vortex makes enemies go into a nice tight ball that I can shoot into and inflict tons of damage. LoL. I don't realy care how much damage the vortex does since that's what I use weapons for.

So any suggestions? Is Max Range Vortex Vauban any use?

Edited by RayDrazon

8 answers to this question

@Darzk

Alternatively, drop Flow and use Fleeting.  This will give you a ~25s duration but drop the energy cost from 70 down to 25.  Now that Vortex has a timer the need to cast it more frequently is not much of an issue.  I'm still waiting for this change on the PS4 but I think having 75% efficiency matters more than having 6s duration per cast.  Flow also works against energy restores and collecting energy orbs as more of each is required to refill the energy pool but you already know that.

@Darzk

Alternatively, drop Flow and use Fleeting.  This will give you a ~25s duration but drop the energy cost from 70 down to 25.  Now that Vortex has a timer the need to cast it more frequently is not much of an issue.  I'm still waiting for this change on the PS4 but I think having 75% efficiency matters more than having 6s duration per cast.  Flow also works against energy restores and collecting energy orbs as more of each is required to refill the energy pool but you already know that.

This...

Darzk build doesn't make much sense..