The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Teleport Confusion From Ash And Loki

Tiqalicious

It doesn't really make sense that these two frames who use teleportation as a key part of their combat would be left standing around confused when teleported by enemy commanders. They are well versed in teleportation. If an enemy switches positions with either of them they should be able to adjust to this situation quickly and effectively instead of standing around looking confused as if they've never telported before.

I still don't see why we should have that animation run for any frames.

Firstly because it's already enough that sudden teleportation disorients the player themselves, secondly because it's an impossible-to-avoid attack that leaves you unable to act at all for several seconds while standing in the middle of a mob of enemies, which is unfair, and thirdly because it's an animation built for the grineer: so for those seconds of immobility you're not only herping around like a dope, but doing so with your torso freakishly elongated.

Edited by TheJadrimian

Could we not just use Loki's Switch Teleport assets and animation, but with a bit of a Grineer telegraph twist?

Sure man, why not? :) As long as people feel that it isn't a punishing stun thing that exposes you to enemy projectiles/melee for too long...

I'm fine with the confusion and all since it shows that not only is the player disoriented but also the warframe and it adds t he danger factor of being teleported by an enemy because without the confusion animation i'd instantly spam 4 as a panic button making the teleport-into-danger attempt futile,

it's not broken in anyway and i think that the bombard, napalm, and gunner's ground slam is much more annoying.

Sure its not fun to be teleported but you know what is? finding the &*^*&^&*^ that did it.

I find them and kill them with a passion.

I'm fine with the confusion and all since it shows that not only is the player disoriented but also the warframe and it adds t he danger factor of being teleported by an enemy because without the confusion animation i'd instantly spam 4 as a panic button making the teleport-into-danger attempt futile,

it's not broken in anyway and i think that the bombard, napalm, and gunner's ground slam is much more annoying.

Sure its not fun to be teleported but you know what is? finding the &*^*&^&*^ that did it.

I find them and kill them with a passion.

Thing is, even when you are hiding your whole body behind cover (i.e.: Grineer Commander cannot see you), you can suddenly get teleported out of cover and be stunned for a bit. I think that would be taking it a bit too far (heck, why can a Grineer Commander do that whereas Loki and Ash cannot, despite us being more superior to them [not to mention that it is cheap, gameplay-wise]). 

Edited by Renegade343

I dont even get disoriented myself from the ST from grineer, I dont need the game to force it. after the first time It happened I learned how easy it is to keep flowing. they dont need to stunlock players with this mechanic.

This.

The animation needs to go.