Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stacking Status Proc Effects Into A Better Effect.

low1991

Should Elemental & Physical Status Effect stacks to form a better scaling effect?

If Toxic proc, meaning it will be health DOT. it will do health DOT based on weapon damage (35% i heard)

but if another toxic will to proc on the same target, it will combine with the previous toxic status effect & form a stronger status effect which does higher damage & scales.

Let's say, Toxic Proc + Toxic Proc = Deadly Venom.

this status which is an upgrade status effect will do 35% (or whatever the % is) of weapon damage + x% of target max health.

meaning, it the health DOT were to be 36 per tick on a 300k max health target, the total 'Deadly Venom DOT"

=will be 35% of weapon damage + x% of 300k target' health.

Upgraded status effect is able to stack up to a certain limit, helping to reduce FPS lag due to over-flowing of current un-limited status effect stacking of some.

Other upgraded status effect:

Impacts + Impact = Confusion (Cause enemy to be confused, reducing their accuracy & their movement speed, sometimes fall-down)

Punctuate + Punctuate = Weaponry Disabled (loki' RD) for X seconds

Slash + Slash = Wounded (Bleed DOT + x% of target' max health)

Cold + Cold = Frozen (target remains frozen for X seconds while vulnerable to damage)

Electricity + Electricity = Statics Field (Cause target to continuous releasing Electricity Chain Attack per second for duration while being stunned)

Heat + Heat = Third Degree Burn (Burn DOT + x% of target's max health)

Toxic + Toxic = Deadly Venom (Toxic DOT + x% of target' max health)

Blast + Blast = Faint (target remains down on the ground for X second & open for finisher moves)

Corrosive + Corrosive = Armor Break (Remove damage resistance & increase damage intake)

Gas + Gas = Virus (an AOE effect of Deadly Venom)

Magnetic + Magnetic =  Shield Disabled (completely drain & remove target's shield for X second)

Radiation + Radiation = Contagious (a stronger Radiation proc effect which cause them to deal more damage on own ally)

Viral + Viral = Weakening ( a 2 times stronger effect of Viral)

Comments?

Edit 1: this may be the up-coming of shotgun status chance build! as each bullet will more or less likely to trigger an effect of different type.

Now all we need is a additional status chance when status is above 100% (like crit chance, red crits) and a mod which increase status chance for shotgun when closer to enemy.

Edit 2: Doesn't apply Passive proc like Acrid, other wise too OP. Has to go through the status chance % to trigger & combine the above upgrade status effect.

Edited by low1991

So if I'm using a Burston Prime, king of procs, with full toxin build and 60% status chance when i shot a burst (3 bullets x 2 split chamber = 6 bullets) I'll get 3 deadly venoms?

Mhm

SOUNDS AWESOME!

Yes, i guess so.

I'm sure burston prime have Impact/ Slash/ Punctuate. meaning, your burston prime will have 60% status chance total when firing (3 bullet x 2 split = 6) Each bullet have about 10% status chance for status effect proc on target.

Equation: 10% per bullet for status chance with 25% for toxic proc. (1 out of impact + punctuate + slash + toxic) which is 2.5% expected in getting toxic.

Overall: if you miss, it's barely no changes at all.

If you strike "triple 7" the effect/ lucky draw is good.

Sounds too "wobbly" and unreliable to be a core feature in damage.

Besides things don't survive long enough to take that many hits until they hit like level 40 and are heavies... at which point you hit "The Wall" and gameplay gets so dodgy (getting 3 hit killed by a heavy with a Rhino) that everyone wants to leave anyway.

So merrhh... Like it's an okay idea.

Sounds too "wobbly" and unreliable to be a core feature in damage.

Besides things don't survive long enough to take that many hits until they hit like level 40 and are heavies... at which point you hit "The Wall" and gameplay gets so dodgy (getting 3 hit killed by a heavy with a Rhino) that everyone wants to leave anyway.

-Yes, it isn't a reliable to be core feature in damage anyway, just that if you manage to trigger it, this should save you trouble in getting ride of the target. (example, any level, regardless of weapon DPS)

- DPS doesn't scale to endless-mission, i know that. Status shouldn't be OP, i know that...  how can my #1 post be considered OP when it's totally unreliable?! due to the double layer % of status chance & the required status proc, it's like just striking a jackpot...

So if I'm using a Burston Prime, king of procs, with full toxin build and 60% status chance when i shot a burst (3 bullets x 2 split chamber = 6 bullets) I'll get 3 deadly venoms?

Mhm

SOUNDS AWESOME!

King of procs

Youre cute

@OP

Idk if youve ever used a status weapon but believe me when i say this will entirely overwrite the basic elementals on any weapon that has over 15% status chance and a  decent fire rate or high status weapons

And some of these seem a bit broken for that

Grakata would be hellishly powerful

Tysis = most broken in game

@OP

Idk if youve ever used a status weapon but believe me when i say this will entirely overwrite the basic elementals on any weapon that has over 15% status chance and a  decent fire rate or high status weapons

And some of these seem a bit broken for that

Grakata would be hellishly powerful

Tysis = most broken in game

I have about 20% of my total arsenal build towards status chance-build.

You'r argument is that: "Those weapon with above 15% status chance base with a decent rate of fire or high status base" will be broken in-game.

Well, atm the most powerful status effect is "radiation & viral" which cause chaos + reduce max health. which can be put into a build.

These two totally overshadowed the other status effect. effects from basic elemental & physical are useless, blast is countered by AI quick getting-up, slow is almost useless, Corrosive is still good but requires RNG to proc. Magnetic is useless as toxic damage will by-pass shield.

Well, weapons like boltor prime are OP (srsly, i even have it potato'd & forma'd) which will be a broken weapon in-game. however, an overall re-adjustment of status across the weapon board is needed to make this a successful one.

Edit: this could be considered as a move away from DPS (min-max) build & towards status-build

Edited by low1991

I have about 20% of my total arsenal build towards status chance-build.

You'r argument is that: "Those weapon with above 15% status chance base with a decent rate of fire or high status base" will be broken in-game.

Well, atm the most powerful status effect is "radiation & viral" which cause chaos + reduce max health. which can be put into a build.

These two totally overshadowed the other status effect. effects from basic elemental & physical are useless, blast is countered by AI quick getting-up, slow is almost useless, Corrosive is still good but requires RNG to proc. Magnetic is useless as toxic damage will by-pass shield.

Well, weapons like boltor prime are OP (srsly, i even have it potato'd & forma'd) which will be a broken weapon in-game. however, an overall re-adjustment of status across the weapon board is needed to make this a successful one.

Edit: this could be considered as a move away from DPS (min-max) build & towards status-build

Most powerful status effect is subjective isnt it? Id say electric is easily the best and corrosive is a necessity for grineer if you have anything with limited ammunition or lack corrosive projection

Also with a good status weapon youll proc corrosive more than enough to tear armor down to a reasonable amount

As for magnetic. Unless your weapon is pure toxin youll find yourself often breaking the enemy shield before you would have killed them through poison

Even still, adding self stacking statuses is a step too high

Most powerful status effect is subjective isnt it? Id say electric is easily the best and corrosive is a necessity for grineer if you have anything with limited ammunition or lack corrosive projection

Also with a good status weapon youll proc corrosive more than enough to tear armor down to a reasonable amount

As for magnetic. Unless your weapon is pure toxin youll find yourself often breaking the enemy shield before you would have killed them through poison

Even still, adding self stacking statuses is a step too high

-Yes, different POV. With almost unlimited ammo anything is easily beaten...  (becuz of suggestion & current effect. i'm not sure about which one you'r talking abt)

-what is reasonable amount? subjective... 

-Depends on what level corpus or enemy with shield you'r talking about. Pure toxic can kill enemies below some level without breaking their shield... unless you'r comparing to endless-types.

-i do know that as of my #1 post suggestion is too steep for fast adaption... but, a suggestion is just a suggestion, DE is always welcome to change/nerf the stacking effects to their liking.

-Yes, different POV. With almost unlimited ammo anything is easily beaten...  (becuz of suggestion & current effect. i'm not sure about which one you'r talking abt)

-what is reasonable amount? subjective... 

-Depends on what level corpus or enemy with shield you'r talking about. Pure toxic can kill enemies below some level without breaking their shield... unless you'r comparing to endless-types.

-i do know that as of my #1 post suggestion is too steep for fast adaption... but, a suggestion is just a suggestion, DE is always welcome to change/nerf the stacking effects to their liking.

Im not seeing what all the underlining is supposed to mean

Are you trying to make a point of something?