Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime Build Dilemma

Lobopat

Question

hey guys, as i said in title i run a paris prime and i wanted to use this guy's build, for criticals. Although im not sure about 1 thing, heavy caliber. i know it increases so much dmg but is it worth losing 55% of my accuracy?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:White_Matter_/_Paris_Prime_-_Crit_build

Oh and i won't be putting on piercing hit because i think i need that slot for ammo mutation

Edited by johnisgangs3

14 answers to this question

I use heavy caliber maxed on every single one of my bows, and don't have many issues. The thing about not having it on means that to get the most out of the bow you HAVE to hit the head, or the damage drops quite a bit. The reason I go for heavy caliber is that, no matter how good you are, your not always going to hit the head. What I find heavy caliber does is give you a bit off leeway, so that if you miss the head, which you are going to do occasionally, your bow still has the raw damage to kill effectively. The thing I personally find is that it affects your multishot arrow more than the original one, and with heavy caliber on, the bow has so much stopping power, that even if the split from heavy caliber decides it wants to go off at an odd angle, its still likely to kill a second target, with the same punch through that the standard arrow gets.

It depends wether you re good at hitting the heads of moving ennemies

If you have little problems anticipating ennemy moves, then go for hammer shot

If you re not confident you can hit weak points most of the time, use heavy caliber but forget about long range sniping

http://goo.gl/gWN2Sh

if u don't like heavy caliber just take something else.

hammer shot looses a bit for other extra 90% element but not to 60%....  so you need to choose; is that  extra element (400 more damage) worth against enemies you shooting. And do you want that extra element being 3k of you damage of 15k?

i like 2x element combo.

Heavy caliber makes killing larger wide groups easier as long body shot kills. Want to kill single heavy enemies from faraway, use secondary.

Edited by Agullimux

It depends wether you re good at hitting the heads of moving ennemies

If you have little problems anticipating ennemy moves, then go for hammer shot

If you re not confident you can hit weak points most of the time, use heavy caliber but forget about long range sniping

Heavy Caliber will give you a massive damage boost compared to Hammershot, raising both elemental and base damage alike.  If fighting low to mid-range, headshots are not that hard to hit. Considering bows have travel time, sniping with them is not advisable. 

25m Max HC

~50m Max HC

50m No HC

I'd say no, especially if ur going for the head.

Side note, all the physical dmg mods are trash unless that's all you can fit.  I'd build up for some sort of elemental combo.

QFT. Both points.

25% damage increase is not worth that sort of accuracy loss. Especially when you'll be oneshotting most units regardless.

Hitting a Headshot without HC does 320% of the damage that hitting a bodyshot with HC will do.

All depends on your playstyle. If you are someone who likes accurate aim and popping HS, then don't use HC, it can be frustrating. It is usefull when you have a sloppy aim / having hard time anticipating the target / playing close to mid-range. 

I would suggest you not to put it, bow should be accurate, and it will save you a forma. 

hey guys, as i said in title i run a paris prime and i wanted to use this guy's build, for criticals. Although im not sure about 1 thing, heavy caliber. i know it increases so much dmg but is it worth losing 55% of my accuracy?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:White_Matter_/_Paris_Prime_-_Crit_build

Oh and i won't be putting on piercing hit because i think i need that slot for ammo mutation

You don't need HC if you can aim for the head.

Put on another elemental

You don't need Ammo mutation either, put on another elemental.

Just get tons of damage on the Paris Prime and don't forget your speed trigger, you'll be fine.

This is how I've built mine though you could argue that using Speed Trigger is better for dealing damage faster, but using Hammershot on a bow that deals crits 100% of the time might as well boost the multi for said crits.  I don't use HC due to always wanting to hit weak spots with both arrows since headshots on Grineer's count as unarmored so landing those shots mean you won't have to worry about armor mitigation but still get benefits of armor eating combos.

But it all depends on what you want to do with the bow.

I don't use HC due to always wanting to hit weak spots with both arrows since headshots on Grineer's count as unarmored so landing those shots mean you won't have to worry about armor mitigation but still get benefits of armor eating combos.

Please don't spread misinformation. This is incorrect, headshots on Grineer are still reduced by their armor multipliers as normal. They just receive 2x damage (4x for a crit) with another 2x damage to any DoT on them.