Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo Saryn's Miasma

RexRgisIocus

Went will it work as it should? Aside from a bit of a buff to the status proccing of Venom (it procs rarely at least for me) and the obvious almost uselessness on Contagion (and the names being totally inversed) Saryn is pretty good. 

I think we should have the option to make an actual duration build for Miasma though. Like maybe enemies are stunned as long as there are still damage ticks? On a full duration build it would be something like 12 secs iirc with each tick doing about 1.4k damage. Yay or nay?

Went will it work as it should? Aside from a bit of a buff to the status proccing of Venom (it procs rarely at least for me) and the obvious almost uselessness on Contagion (and the names being totally inversed) Saryn is pretty good. 

I think we should have the option to make an actual duration build for Miasma though. Like maybe enemies are stunned as long as there are still damage ticks? On a full duration build it would be something like 12 secs iirc with each tick doing about 1.4k damage. Yay or nay?

This already true. Saryn has a perfectly fine ulti. Modded right, it will one shot ancients up past level 40. Combined with the Chlora helm, it is easy to spam and dominate with. My record is 675 kills in an ODD, my teammates only got about 100.

This already true. Saryn has a perfectly fine ulti. Modded right, it will one shot ancients up past level 40. Combined with the Chlora helm, it is easy to spam and dominate with. My record is 675 kills in an ODD, my teammates only got about 100.

If you're doing kills with Saryn's ulti you are doing it wrong :)

#MoltMaserRace

I love Saryn because how she looks and Poison I love Poison and Ice. But I fell Like Saryn is one of the weak Warframe.

Venom is preety good but not help always, best on bosses.

Molt is the only Her defense skill which isn't that good, its better than Lokis Decoy but still weak as a defense skill

Contagious good buff for melee but nothing better? :/ It should cost more energy 75 spread poison/gas poison cloud everywhere so she could be a good poison AoE frame.

Miasma some damage like all other warframes and stun opponents for 4 seconds. 4 seconds is too short it should work as long as Rhino Stomp so it could be a very good skill.

If she could have better Defense skill she could be awesome.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

@Liverslices I know Miasma is already good, but in my opinion we should have the option of choosing either duration (less damage per tick but more stun duration) or negative duration (more damage per tick but less stun duration). This way there would be more build variety and it would fit people with other play styles.

@Liverslices I know Miasma is already good, but in my opinion we should have the option of choosing either duration (less damage per tick but more stun duration) or negative duration (more damage per tick but less stun duration). This way there would be more build variety and it would fit people with other play styles.

People would just stunlock a room endlessly with Miasma if the stun lasted as long as the duration.

@RealPandemonium with my current Miasma build I have a 4 sec stun on top of 3.3k damage per tick for 30 energy with a 21m radius. If I could build for duration it would look like this: 8 sec stun with 800 damage per tick in a 28m radius for the same 30 energy. It would deal around 3k less damage total so it balances damage for utility. It would be a thing of choice which would add to variety. As for being able to stunlock rooms, 28m isn't really enough when using 30 energy per cast so while doable it wouldn't really be efficient.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

why not make miasma work like it describes and just expand based on targets hit? reduce the range to a small  "nova" if you will, and having it spread across the tiles based on enemies hit?..... would make it much more interesting.

i agree on the name swap for venom and contagion,, maybe even a general buff in those abilities would be nice as well-giving the current venom a larger popping radius/bigger target or making it so enemies afflicted by the spore are slowed down heavily and take toxin DoT.

for the current Contagion: how about having it release a poison nova on cast as well as provide the bonus toxin damage maybe even having Saryn release random toxin based combo elements in an aura? ala the chance to cause Viral, or Corrosive, or Gas while its' active?......... she needs something amazing to be noticed by the community aside from the people who actually use her ._.

@DarkD3filer I have an efficiency build that does 3.3k damage per cast. I can do it twice with the same energy spent compared to a power str build that would do 4.2k per cast.

I would just like the option of building her for utility instead of damage. According to her stats she isn't supposed to be a dps caster (Ember's supposed role).

She is supposed to be an evasive tank, which is why Molt transfers Saryn's accumulated aggro to itself instead of creating its own and clears procs. I would prefer being able to use Miasma's duration for a longer stun and better corrosive procs.

Inflicting status with Venom (viral) and Miasma (corrosive) and hopefully toxic as well when her 3 actually becomes a useful ability. Yes I know Molt procs toxic but I don't use it offensively.

PS: I have gone 45 mins with her already in t4, so I know Miasma works as it is. I just want more build variety.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

Miasma's current mechanics are counter-intuitive but they make it strong.  I'd say this is a low-priority fix.

The problem is her other skills suffer duration loss

If they had reverse duration mechanics she be perfect

For example

Venom has two seperate ticks. A limited count tick for damage and another for viral procs

Durational builds have more time to spread and proc where speed builds deal quick damage possibly on a small group of enemies

Molt.. actually isnt bad as is

Contagion i have no idea but you get where im going

And they dont do that already? Rhino stops time, Banshee staggers half the map, Nyx makes everyone in sight go ape S#&$. CC is not a bad thing, especially for an ULTI

We want to move away from the "turn off gameplay" mentality as much as possible.  There's no point in interesting gameplay when people will equip THE BEST BUILD and bypass it entirely.  People will just ask that their favorite frame be buffed so that it, too can turn off gameplay and cheese infinite content instead of appreciating DE's attempts at making endgame interesting.

Edited by RealPandemonium

@RealPandemonium as long as there is a build that is better than others people most people will go for it.

There are people that just play the meta game and from the many boltor primes, rhino primes with vanguard and loki primes I've seen as opposed to other frames, that's what this community or at least a very large part values most. Giving more gameplay variety by allowing equally viable but different builds is a good thing.

The only way to fix the "turn off gameplay" mentality is by making the enemy resistant to cc. The infested already have counter measures for our high shields (toxic) and AoE attacks (healers). And DE just lowered their spawn rates.

The prosecutors were also very nice before people started crying nerf and got their elemental immunity lowered. They required the team to bring different elements to counter their auras. Now you can kill them even with the same element they are strong against.

Leech Eximi are a good enemy too, along side the Arson Eximi. Cold Eximi's aura is good but the shield is too weak.

Basically, we will countinue having the "turn off gameplay" mentality until enemies make that type of mentality useless.

Also removing the corrupted mods would make spamming the cc abilities less efficient and it would reduce spammability.