Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gold Palette Discussion

DigitalXRT

I use the orangey-yellow "Gold" that is in the Shamrock Colour Palette or the line of Yellow in the "Classic Saturated" for a few weapons. They seem to be close enough to me, but I also have CVD, so what seems Gold and Yellow to be might be, in fact, light orange and lime green, respectively.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Why the hell would anyone want something to LOOK prime?

Gold is tacky 95% of the time and prime weapons all look godawful and/or are completely unusable.

Lookin at you Braton Prime. You should not even exist.

I have to agree.  The "covered with random gold bits" aspect of Prime designs isn't appealing at all.  It makes it sad that the weapons there are typically just plain better than non-primes, since it makes it a matter of "use the hideous thing... or be crappy".  To some degree anyway.

While it wouldn't fix the overwrought looks, it would be nice if you could alter the gold parts color-wise.  You could keep the metallic texture and just change the color.  Alternatively, a metallic texture/color pack might be useful for the folks that are really into being Goldmember.

I have to agree.  The "covered with random gold bits" aspect of Prime designs isn't appealing at all.  It makes it sad that the weapons there are typically just plain better than non-primes, since it makes it a matter of "use the hideous thing... or be crappy".  To some degree anyway.

While it wouldn't fix the overwrought looks, it would be nice if you could alter the gold parts color-wise.  You could keep the metallic texture and just change the color.  Alternatively, a metallic texture/color pack might be useful for the folks that are really into being Goldmember.

Well, that's just like .. your opinion, man.