Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur - Radial Blind

Sev7n

Perhaps the actually strength of the blind should be effected by power strength, and some adjustment happens for the ability to make enemies not blind per-say, but severely hamper their vision, lowering accuracy and distance they can detect you at. And then revert the other changes.

Practically all enemies are hitscan in the game, or at least it feels like their accuracy is flawless, radial blind was my shield against this. DOnt even get what the point of my post is, I am just severely disappointed. There is destiny I guess.

A flashbang only blinds it's targets when the targets can see it go off. If they hide behind cover, they'll get a ringing in their ears but they can still see after it goes off. I think the 'nerf' makes sense for Excal. Light powerful enough to penetrate barriers would need a ridiculous energy source, and cause severe burning rather than moderate blinding.

First, flashbangs we can make RIGHT NOW have enough luminosity to reflect and remain effective off pretty much anything you're likely to encounter.

Second, the "bang" part: It's quite a lot worse than a "ringing in your ears".  Don't believe what video games tell you, flashbangs in proximity to you or an enclosed space are more than capable of totally disabling someone through sound alone.  Among other things, it scrambles your inner ear so you have no equilibrium; but it also overloads your nerves, causing you to be pretty much helpless until the neurotransmitters clear out.  And that's all supposing the concussive blast doesn't rupture your eardrums, in which case you're not going to be hearing anything for awhile.

Also this is a video game and Excalibur has shiny magic powers, so real world logic doesn't really matter.

This is pretty disappointing.  As mentioned earlier this is his only tool to stay alive.  Try super jumping and blinding, you'll be dead before you hit the ground.  If they are going to keep that wonky garbage line of sight they should at least increase cast speed of the ability to near instantaneous. 

*comes out from cover to cast blind on 5 grineer*

*dies before they are blinded*

*does a weak slash dash into a group, casts blind*

*dies*

There's literally no option except to fail and die now.  At least you can still deal 4x melee damage to blinded enemies right?  Yeah good luck getting close enough to them for that without dying.  If only it was as good as a real life flashbang grenade.  At least then you could throw it from behind cover.

This change makes him the worst frame in the game by miles.  You may as well just build him without any powers at all since they are all horrible now, even then you're better off choosing another frame for higher innate defense.  

Just revert the radial blind change and buff his damage abilities.  Either that or find some way to multiply damage of warframe powers better so that they aren't so useless in late game.  Nearly every skill that does damage is practically worthless.  Instead of buffing skills all willy nilly, we could use some new mods honestly.  129% power strength with a huge hit to power cost, compared to a billion% damage multiplication on weapons.

Edited by SleepingSentry

I've read that it isn't target limited. Someone tested it in ODD by standing on the pod and blinding everything. I think that mistake occurred because LoS detection is a little wonky and they saw units not being blinded in an assumed LoS that was actually under cover. 

Radial Blind is already very long ranged for an ability, with Stretch it hits enough targets you don't really need Overextended, and nothing else in Excalibur's arsenal really needs that much range either. And giving it power strength instead of duration is actually good for spammability, not bad. Max Efficiency means lost duration, At 15 energy the optimal cost, Radial Blind would last for at best without sacrificing any range 17.7 seconds+the initial stun, requiring two duration mods and two efficiency mods. In your build, At 19 energy the optimal energy cost because duration isn't as important any more, you would be having it last 19.5 seconds+ the initial stun, requiring only one strength mod with the two efficiency mods, or 26.25 seconds with Blind rage without sacrificing anything.

You've buffed it to be even stronger really. And then all that power strength will massively increase you presumed target limit any ways to what would be more than enough unless stupidly small to begin with.

You should be asking for Slash Dash and Super Jump buffs now, because theoretically there is excellent synergy in a kit that is balanced between mobility and line of sight requirements. It just needs some touch ups to be as flexible and awesome in practice as it is in theory. 

Its target limited. Just checked across three tile-maps. Made sure I was above them and they were not blocked and they could fire on me. 

Its target limited. Just checked across three tile-maps. Made sure I was above them and they were not blocked and they could fire on me. 

LoS is incredibly buggy, I had over twenty infested CC'd down at one point at -50% power strength. I highly doubt they're bothering with a 40 target limit. You need to very carefully pick your testing ground. The LoS extends from around chest/waist of Excalibur, not the sword point. Enemies behind other enemies will block the light, low cover can also block. 

Even if radial blind was op, he has one ability only and mediocre stats, this is the most outraging change in the history of warframe , and I cannot even believe it, its just so illogical, horrible, what were people thincking, and they nerfd my lifestrike and QT aswell, goodbye warframe, at least my relaxing solo missions, GOD pls 

Radial Blind was overpowered?Lol go away.I dont have to read more.

You obviously didnt know what made the skill completely overpowered. Not saying thats a bad thing but maybe learn what made it op before making troll based comments.

Radial blind let you go to infinite waves on any endless mission because enemies were literally permanently stun locked across the entire room for how ever long you wanted them to be. If that is not op then everything in this game needs to be buffed to match that potential.

As for the skill not having a cap thanks for the people who were able to test this correctly and find out. But since the skill is just based on LoS how could it be tweaked to not completely butcher this skill?

My thoughts: Within a small radius of excalibur all enemies are blinded regardless of LoS. Outside of that radius only enemies within LoS will receive the blinded effect.

LoS = Line of Sight even though i'm sure most of you know that

Updated OP

Edited by Sev7n