Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta And Mutalist Quanta

XGamer102

y does mutalist Quanta spin and Quanta not spin i think it should spin like the Mutalist Quanta dont u DE

Since the Quanta was a mining gun for the Corpus, the spinning might make mining w/ the thing less accurate. Idk, that's just my explanation.

y does mutalist Quanta spin and Quanta not spin i think it should spin like the Mutalist Quanta dont u DE

No thank you, I would not like my mining laser to look like a children's toy.

As for the logical explanation on why its a no, check post above mine. Mining is about precision so yeah, spinning would only help if drilling.

omg-it-spins-jpg.jpg

Edited by Semshol

No thank you, I would not like my mining laser to look like a children's toy.

As for the logical explanation on why its a no, check post above mine. Mining is about precision so yeah, spinning would only help if drilling.

omg-it-spins-jpg.jpg

Yup everything that spin look like a children toy. I'm looking at you razor sharp Glaive.

Slightly off topic:How the hek did Alad found a way to make a "upgraded" version worse than the original?

Edited by Alphafox

Yup everything that spin look like a children toy. I'm looking at you razor sharp Glaive.

Slightly off topic:How the hek did Alad found a way to make a "upgraded" version worse than the original?

Well Alad was never a very GOOD inventor. I mean his Zanuka got totally wrecked, so yeah, the upgraded version is kinda...y'know...Alad V style "better".

Edit: Forgot to answer, only the Quanta would look like a children's toy if it spins. Glaive is already a razor sharp blade of death. But the Quanta would look like kinda party laser x'D

Edited by Semshol

If you look close enough, the infested growth on the Mutalist Quanta shoots the energy bullets. Maybe the recoil from doing that in a rapid-fire fashion, and some damage to the gyros and rod holding the laser arms in place, result in the whole thing rotating while firing the weapon.

there was no upgrade.. the mutalist is infected by the technocyte virus and for all we know could have re written the way the gun functions..

alad did not make the mutalist and the quanta itself is the original not an "upgrade"

Then again, it converges at a point, so spinning would just spin the twin lasers. 

It would, but then it would be a drilling laser, since the idea is to focus on a point, with the spinning to ensure the hole is precise.

As it is now, it is more of a precision cutting laser, to cut into veins of rock.

Edited by Semshol

It would, but then it would be a drilling laser, since the idea is to focus on a point, with the spinning to ensure the hole is precise.

As it is now, it is more of a precision cutting laser, to cut into veins of rock.

You can still cut with a drilling laser, given the point where the two lasers converge is small enough (i.e.: radius and circumference is small). 

You can still cut with a drilling laser, given the point where the two lasers converge is small enough (i.e.: radius and circumference is small). 

You certainly could, but I reckon it would result in alot of excess energy being wasted.

When the lasers are stationary and focused. The cutting depth is determined by how long it is held in place. So they time it that way.

When it is a drilling laser, the hole is likely to be bigger (even converging lasers would still have a spherical rotation) and the depth may not be quite as ideal as if the laser was focused for a period of time. Hence it might result in more wasted energy and therefore higher costs, therefore making a stationary design more ideal. [Would need an engineer here to prove it, I'm  a finance guy ^^;]

You certainly could, but I reckon it would result in alot of excess energy being wasted.

When the lasers are stationary and focused. The cutting depth is determined by how long it is held in place. So they time it that way.

When it is a drilling laser, the hole is likely to be bigger (even converging lasers would still have a spherical rotation) and the depth may not be quite as ideal as if the laser was focused for a period of time. Hence it might result in more wasted energy and therefore higher costs, therefore making a stationary design more ideal. [Would need an engineer here to prove it, I'm  a finance guy ^^;]

With a cutting laser, you will still have a radius (since a laser does have thickness). For drilling lasers, you just overlap two lasers with the same radius of the cutting laser at a point. Then, using a cutting laser and a drilling laser, you will obtain the same radius of the hole that the laser burned through. Mathematics can prove that to be true.