Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Weapons For Each Warframes

Killsheet

I have been thinking about this, how about giving warframes their own unique melee weapons when they unequip melee weapons?

A good example is this, Excalibur's energy transforming into a skana when he uses the empty melee slot:

http://imgur.com/izsXvzX

So basicly every frame gets their own version of the hysteria claws when without a melee weapon?

The problem is that people here had been waiting for quite some time to be able to go into missions without melee weapons, so suddently getting a mandatory melee weapon would prevent that again.

Another problem is damage. If these are too weak people will hate them, if they are too strong, they might make the default melee weapons less used.

Then there is the problem with modding.

So overall i don't see unmoddable forced on melee weapons as getting very popular.

However the idea of a weapon unique to each Warframe itself is good.

I think what would fit better is if each Warframe gets a signature weapon that can be crafted like normal in the foundry but is limited to one Warframe (and it's prime variant). These weapons could become buyable to the player when they fully leveled a Warframe.

For example:

Bring your Excalibur to level 30 and you get the Ghost Skana blueprint and can rebuy it for a price on the market.

The base damage could be somewhere above Cronus and below Dakra Prime (making it a good at mid level and still somewhat functional at high level), requiring a skana and 10 orokin cells to be crafted and usable only by Excalibur.

The weapon can be fully modded and is not visible on the Warframe and when you switch to melee the Excalibur dramatically summons it from the ground (ala pulling the sword from the stone). Perhaps to make it a bit more unique it could also get a strong crit bonus when channeled.

Other weapons like this which i could imagine would be:

1. A type of kunai which are razor sharp poker cards for Loki which are put into his hands via some mechanism in his wrist. Resembling the popular image of cheaters at poker games.

2. A unique secondary for Mag which are 3 floating metal balls in each hand which deal magnetic damage and bounce between enemies. The idea being inspired by what Magneto from X-men did in the second movie

3. A katar style wrist weapon for Ash, basicly what he allready uses for his Bladestorm attacks.

4. A primary flame thrower which is placed on each of Ember's wrist.

5. A rapier like thrusting sword for Saryn which grows from her arm when activated and has a quasi rose like image.

6. A shoulder carried recoilless rifle primary for Rhino which has natural punch through and high damage, but travel time and only one shot in the magazine.

Edited by Othergrunty

For example:

Bring your Excalibur to level 30 and you get the Ghost Skana blueprint and can rebuy it for a price on the market.

The base damage could be somewhere above Cronus and below Dakra Prime (making it a good at mid level and still somewhat functional at high level), requiring a skana and 10 orokin cells to be crafted and usable only by Excalibur.

The weapon can be fully modded and is not visible on the Warframe and when you switch to melee the Excalibur dramatically summons it from the ground (ala pulling the sword from the stone). Perhaps to make it a bit more unique it could also get a strong crit bonus when channeled.

YO... YO. I want this.

I have been thinking about this, how about giving warframes their own unique melee weapons when they unequip melee weapons?

A good example is this, Excalibur's energy transforming into a skana when he uses the empty melee slot:

http://imgur.com/izsXvzX

cool idea but it should not be limited to melee slot.

These weapons should never be best-in-slot in terms of DPS, but should each have a unique effect.

Some might get melee, others pri or sec. Great idea tho dude. one of the most creative i've seen in a while.

EX:

Ash: Void Nikana

Frost: Cryotic Mortar

Ember: twin fire smgs

Banshee: AoE bow

etc etc...damm thats a good idea.

I just imagined valkyr using ripline as a dual whip melee weapon and doing moves from God of War annihilating hordes of enemies in a single slash.

Its a fun thought but i don't know if the devs will look into this idea with much enthusiasm though.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

There is no point.

We already have abilities, and even those "come off", and technically they are not supposed to be able to.

If anything is our 1 in some form that should never come off, NOT a melee weapon. This is not that type of game, the idea of always having a "magical" melee weapon is absurd, if anything it should be an energy based void power in another form, not something specifically weapon shaped.

You know that intro where Frost throws Excalibur a weapon? You want to break that video clip? Bad on you.