The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planet Moons As Sub-Planets?

-Vane-

Hello,

We all know this,Europa and Phobos are the only natural satelitites in this game, how about they add more moons such as :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_(moon) - I mean, its the largest, why not put it in game huh? It is also told that there's water ice on it, being a perfect planet for the new Corpus Ice Tileset. Here's a quote from wiki

"Ganymede is composed of approximately equal amounts of silicate rock and water ice. It is a fully differentiated body with an iron-rich, liquid core, and it might have ice and oceans stacked up in several layers."

There is a mission called Ganymede in game already, but i just think its not enough same for other moons such as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deimos_(moon) -

If these smaller moons are too small, just make it a bit bigger map with a bit of a free-roam taste.

Not all moons should be in game, at least first 3 by the size: 1st Ganymede

2nd Titan

3rd Callisto

I think that all of these have a mission, but shouldn't they be like sub-planets or something? Once you see all tile-sets 

Warframe gets repetitive, the new Ice Tileset is going to be a fresh start for tile-set lurking. But in week or two i will again find all the secretes and stuff.

On my opinion, if doing this it would be a huge project but the outcome would most probably satisfy the backers of this idea.

P.S. How could they put in Phobos as a "planet" and not Ganymede huh?

Edited by NyancraftG

We don't all know that? I mean, last I checked, Europa was a moon of jupiter.

EDIT: Also, pluto, eris, and sedna are dwarf planets, and ceres is just a particularly large asteroid.

The preferred name for them is "planetoids", meaning "having the appearance of a planet". That covers all available locations.

Edited by Llyssa

Europa is also a moon and should theoretically orbit Jupiter, given that an astronomical event hasn't changed the moons into planets somehow over the course of a few millenia

That's the other thing, we don't have any reference for time scale at all. It's entirely possible that this is millions or billions of years in the future, and those moons have escaped their planetary orbits long ago.

The only moons I really want to see added to the game are Io and Luna (Earth's moon) . I want Io because I want a volcanic tileset, and nowhere would be better for that then Io, and I want to see Luna as some sort of sprawling Grineer metropolis or something. If they keep having trouble with the Orokin forests on Earth, it makes perfect sense that they would go to the moon.

What about Luna, the actual Moon? Shouldn't the Corpus be, idk, excavating newfound cryotic deposits on this tiny rock that somehow orbits the Grineer home planet. In fact, make the Moon a constant Corpus-Grineer battlefield with profitable Excavation missions being assaulted weekly by the opposing faction. 

The only moons I really want to see added to the game are Io and Luna (Earth's moon) . I want Io because I want a volcanic tileset, and nowhere would be better for that then Io, and I want to see Luna as some sort of sprawling Grineer metropolis or something. If they keep having trouble with the Orokin forests on Earth, it makes perfect sense that they would go to the moon.

As well as the moon (Luna,) I would think Titan or even Earth would house a metropolis under Grineer control.  I say Earth because just looking out my Liset's window I can see huge swathes of desert on the surface, and it doesn't look too terribly accurate to today's Earth either.  Does anyone here really think there are enough Tenno dedicated to wiping out EVERY cicero injector on Earth?

Edited by Littleman88

not just Phobos

Europa is a natural sattelite as well, a jupiter moon and there's so much ice on Europa so it has Corpus Ice Tileset I think

oh, one more thing is that you cant do those other 3 moons because they're mission nodes for planets, like Ganymede, Io, Callisto, the jupiter moons are mission nodes just like Titan is a mission node in saturn I think and stuff like Triton as Neptunes mission Node

but I dont think they added the dwarf planets

Makemake and Haumea

Edited by Hunter126

I wouldn't mind Titan getting its own tileset, provided DE can come up with something cool to go along with the sea of liquid methane.

I thought it has liquid ethanol too! It does right?

Also, i would like to see Corpus creating new - methane ejector weapons if you know what i mean. Also Corpus Cities on Titan.

What about Luna, the actual Moon? Shouldn't the Corpus be, idk, excavating newfound cryotic deposits on this tiny rock that somehow orbits the Grineer home planet. In fact, make the Moon a constant Corpus-Grineer battlefield with profitable Excavation missions being assaulted weekly by the opposing faction. 

Ganymede is the frozen one.

P.S. Sorry for Doublepost :\