Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflex Guard, Quick Thinking, Rage, Flow Combo.

(PSN)Alphapsykongaroo

is still completely brokenly overpowered, at least here on the ps4, and most people quit playing in conclaves. (they used to be very active). though destiny is also a contributing factor since it has both fleshed out pve and pvp.

even if i use this mod combo myself, it's just no fun because 2 people fighting each other with those on becomes a battle of who has better rng, and you have very few options for killing people with these mods on. even reflex guard by itself is overpowered as i dont have to worry that much about people shooting at me.

so recently i read in a patchnote on pc that there is a change to rage and quickthinking, but i dont understand what it means.did it get buffed again similar to how ashs bladestorm got buffed? (even though they said it was rebalanced bladestorm is buffed)

I haven't tried the new version since 14.6.1., but I believe the Rage + Quick Thinking is now working as intended: you stop gaining energy from Rage after your health hits 2. Which makes sense, as Rage only replenishes your energy through depletion of your health pool, and your health isn't depleting if it's constantly hovering at 2.

*EDIT* This is taken from the 14.6.0 patch notes:

Rage Mod:

• First, a quick brief in the history of changes this Mod has undergone:
  • This Mod was originally fixed to not give a player energy for damage that was never dealt to player. When we added the damage predeath state in Conclaves, etc, the original fix was unintentionally reverted.
  • The 14.6.0 fix resolves issues where Rage + Quick Thinking gave effective permanent invulnerability because energy was being added to pool that was never dealt to player. With this change in mind, the combination of Rage and Quick Thinking may seem less efficient as before due to no longer giving effective invulnerability. The scope of this change is being monitored to ensure the usefulness of these Mods as a combination.
Edited by Dualice

I haven't tried the new version since 14.6.1., but I believe the Rage + Quick Thinking is now working as intended: you stop gaining energy from Rage after your health hits 2. Which makes sense, as Rage only replenishes your energy through depletion of your health pool, and your health isn't depleting if it's constantly hovering at 2.

that's just how it was before rage got disabled in pvp. i dont understand what changed, if there is a change. perhaps theyre refering to rage and qt with reflex guard included? since you gain energy with proc to reflex guard.

Change before this last hotfix is that true godmode was dead. I haven't noticed that it has returned.

Then again, last 2 days, if I am host and someone joins that is my skill level or above BUT has reflex guard, i switch from marelok or lex to penta and carry on with having fun hoping that they will get pissed!@#% as much as possible before leaving.

Smooth sailin'..

Come to PC sometime, let's play again. I have progressed, I am sure you did too.

What about the QUICK THINKING+RAGE+SAHASHA KUBROW combo? Lots of time the dog drops tons of energy orbs, and if it gets killed the invincible player can easily revive it... The problem is that whenever they fix one problem, there are some players that can think the worsts techniques to win, even if 90% of people consider it cheating.

Change before this last hotfix is that true godmode was dead. I haven't noticed that it has returned.

Then again, last 2 days, if I am host and someone joins that is my skill level or above BUT has reflex guard, i switch from marelok or lex to penta and carry on with having fun hoping that they will get &!$$ed!@#% as much as possible before leaving.

Smooth sailin'..

Come to PC sometime, let's play again. I have progressed, I am sure you did too.

ahah yea man i would, but i just got too used to using a controller, and for some reason my controller on pc got glitchy recently (2 buttons dont work anymore) and dont know how to fix.

anyway, awesome that rage qt nerf is a relief for now. however it's weird that the rage disable doesnt match what has been said in the patchnotes. i mean they could have written "rage disabled in pvp", but de wrote it in a way that doesnt reflect what actually happened in game.

ahah yea man i would, but i just got too used to using a controller, and for some reason my controller on pc got glitchy recently (2 buttons dont work anymore) and dont know how to fix.

anyway, awesome that rage qt nerf is a relief for now. however it's weird that the rage disable doesnt match what has been said in the patchnotes. i mean they could have written "rage disabled in pvp", but de wrote it in a way that doesnt reflect what actually happened in game.

Maybe it's just a bug. :(