The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Stomp

Stalc

I been playing rhino lately and noticing his ultimate ability CC is lacking the usual potency. I been fighting lvl 10 ancients and after doing rhino stomp they get up really quickly while the grunts are still in the air. I notice I am not the only one experiencing this issue and I recognize it might be another test or experiment that Excalibur had to go through. Honestly made things hectic when I tried reviving a friend on the ground against infested and the ancients immediately got up during reviving, and got a bit hectic. The power doesn't benefit from power duration mods so what's up with that nerf.

Edited by Stalc

stomp doesn't work on anything but normal mobs anymore. stuns ancients, and bosses for barely a second or two at most. it can't be increased by strength. no effect after using blind rage + intensify. the duration only increases on normal mobs as well when using duration mods. if you're using enough power strength they won't survive the initial stomp though.

i noticed this a while back and since lephantis' buff it turns what should be a 10 min run on him into a half hour one since you can't keep his weak spots open at all.

Gonna toss my 2 cents in here.

I think there may be something wrong with it as i was playing a t4 survival last night and I had mobs not even 10 minutes in that were not even getting stunned. I stomp, they take damage and get right back up.

The stun isn't working properly imo

Edited by SergeiTheBeast

It appears they have "Balanced" endless high level runs by hampering Warframe CC survival utility. (While still leaving 'OP' weapons and mods for the content that is survivable.....

Excalibur - getting a LOS adjustment

Rhino- Stomp no longer easy mode enemy pause.

As a non-Hysteria Valkyr player, in regards to CC - Paralysis is LOS stagger/stun, unaffected by duration mods, however enemy stagger/stun recovery can be lengthened by combining Paralysis with High Power strength WarCry for enemy slow.....I forsee WarCry possibly becoming line of sight, in the future. (Really thinking they'll remove Hysteria invulnerability before they adjust WarCry, though)

Trinity had Blessing nerfed to where an Unranked Blessing was more desirible to spam heals and then recently buffed after that "Paladin" Oberon got healing buffs. Now allowing Blessing to be spammed, but they still did not fully make a Max Ranked Blessing more desirable than a lesser ranked Blessing with the 100% healing cap and power strength scaling healing...

It appears they have "Balanced" endless high level runs by hampering Warframe CC survival utility. (While still leaving 'OP' weapons and mods for the content that is survivable.....

Excalibur - getting a LOS adjustment

Rhino- Stomp no longer easy mode enemy pause.

As a non-Hysteria Valkyr player, in regards to CC - Paralysis is LOS stagger/stun, unaffected by duration mods, however enemy stagger/stun recovery can be lengthened by combining Paralysis with High Power strength WarCry for enemy slow.....I forsee WarCry possibly becoming line of sight, in the future. (Really thinking they'll remove Hysteria invulnerability before they adjust WarCry, though)

Trinity had Blessing nerfed to where an Unranked Blessing was more desirible to spam heals and then recently buffed after that "Paladin" Oberon got healing buffs. Now allowing Blessing to be spammed, but they still did not fully make a Max Ranked Blessing more desirable than a lesser ranked Blessing with the 100% healing cap and power strength scaling healing...

Hysteria wouldn't be nerf'd in terms of Invul since you're stuck in melee.  I'd say change it to a toggle so that we can get in and out of it quickly.   As it stand the only skill I'd want worked on for Valkyr is RipLine, it's too wonky to use still especially when you hit a grineer shield lancer, instead of taking the shield you fly towards them only to get knocked back.  

Also Trinity was Balanced out.  99% damage Redux for a whole team is a bit unbalanced.  Same with LIGHT that travels through solid rock(marble?) though i think they're just trying to bring all frames in line while seeing what could be done to balance the weapons.

We should try to confirm the current Stomp behavior and speculate that it is buggy until we get confirmation that the changes are intended.

I agree. If it was intended they would have announced it the same way they announced Excalibur blind adjustment. If they are adjusting its capability I have to say it is detrimental. The drawbacks on rhino stomp are immense to when you consider the cost the damage, the only worth while about the power is the CC I never made its damage better because the damage wad mediocre at best and I can't see it being used other than holding enemies back to pick up fallen allies or making a escape. Surely I hope this isn't the intended change.

I don't see why they would make that change though, war cry is sound-based while radial blind is sight-based, so I don't see a problem there. Though one of the things I don't like about paralysis is that enemies can avoid it's stun by hiding behind cover, objects like cryopods or other enemies despite it also being a paralyzing scream.

Ancient disruptors reduced your stomp duration severely.

Bear that in mind.

Well that is new. I didn't even knew they reduced CC but is it any CC or just rhino stomp in specific because I also notice lephantis was also capable of shrugging off the stun just as fast as the ancients did. I kind of hope they don't continue adding new things to make them "difficult". Especially with the ripline thing they gave them and besides the buff boat aura was a good idea but the ripline seemed out of place considering it isn't even animated or modeled to look infested at all and is just the same thing that scorpions used. Not to mention the new infested units to come it seemed unnecessary to include so many functions to a singular units that didn't really need them to be effective to begin with. When you get swarms of Eximus chargers and ancients to back them up it seemed pretty pointless to include so much detail and will also include even more work.

Well that is new. I didn't even knew they reduced CC but is it any CC or just rhino stomp in specific because I also notice lephantis was also capable of shrugging off the stun just as fast as the ancients did. I kind of hope they don't continue adding new things to make them "difficult". Especially with the ripline thing they gave them and besides the buff boat aura was a good idea but the ripline seemed out of place considering it isn't even animated or modeled to look infested at all and is just the same thing that scorpions used. Not to mention the new infested units to come it seemed unnecessary to include so many functions to a singular units that didn't really need them to be effective to begin with. When you get swarms of Eximus chargers and ancients to back them up it seemed pretty pointless to include so much detail and will also include even more work.

That is why Broberon is now the best against infested.

Yes radiation damage blows but the guaranteed radiation proc turns off all auras for a good 5 to 6 seconds.

So everyone in the team does full damage (no healer protective auras) and get their full duration of their abilities back (no disruptor ENERGY DRAIN + CC reduction aura).

Edited by fatpig84

I don't see why they would make that change though, war cry is sound-based while radial blind is sight-based, so I don't see a problem there. Though one of the things I don't like about paralysis is that enemies can avoid it's stun by hiding behind cover, objects like cryopods or other enemies despite it also being a paralyzing scream.

I agree with Audible WarCry.

Paralysis on the other hand is Valkyr throwing her shields (even when zero) at the enemy, albeit with a scream.(She weaponizes that shield stat)