Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeker (Mod) - Despair / Akbronco

UnderFiend

Question

Greetings Tenno,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how Seeker works. The wiki page states that I should be able to shoot through allies and enemy bodies with Seeker at rank 2: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Seeker_%28Mod%29 I've taken it up to 3 and I still don't see this happening.

I also read on the forum that "slow" weapons like Despair do not benefit from Seeker, but I'm unclear as to if Despair already has innate punch through, and if so, if Seeker adds to it. I'm not sure if the lack of punch through with allies is a bug or intended.

I'm considering forma'ing both my Despair and Akbronco to fit Seeker fully ranked if it's actually working as intended, but of course this means sacrificing damage. I like Akbronco for the potential crowd control, but if Seeker only works "correctly" on certain weapons, that'd be great to know before releveling these weapons.

Secondly, is there a better weapon to test out Seeker's mechanics? I realize Despair is non-hitscan and Akbronco is basically dual scatter-shot pistols so these may not be the best for the mod.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Around 1m punch through is usually enough to through at least one foe and/or small amounts of cover. It could be the projectile arc of Despair causing them to go off at odd angles after punching through. Shouldn't be any problem for the Akbronco though - in any case projectile velocity doesn't seem to affect punch-though in any way. I use maxed Seeker on Tysis and Detron, neither of which are hitscan, and it works very well.

You could try shooting a shield lancer with either of them - if Seeker is working it'll pass right through his riot shield. Stuff stood behind doors will make prime test material too.

I believe non-hit scan weapons have issues with punch through as the projectiles change trajectory but it can still be useful if your target is right up against cover or another enemy.  I've found it to be effective on Akmagnus, Akvasto and Marelok.  I do use it on Despair too bu tmostly for tight groups or shield lancers.

Edited by Katinka

I replaced Seeker with No Return and shot at some lancers and it still took them down through shields, which is why I'm confused as to if this weapon has innate punch through. I never used punch through mods on my weapons before until I got a Boltor, and only because Shred ups the fire rate. It's hard for me to tell if it's working with that weapon, too, but in this case it's the high rate of damage and fire... and I also have a blast setup so it's not great for testing the mechanic.

I guess my other question is, does Despair need Seeker? On my non-seeker build, as I noted, I can hit lancers behind shields. It would be great if I could actually see the improvement, but I'm also basing it's ability to punch through objects on the weapon trail. Is it that the trail ends when it hits an object, but the projectile keeps going? If that's the case, then that's why I'm having difficulty observing the difference. I always see the sparks on allies and foes, regardless if I'm using Seeker. I also read that damage was greatly increased on Ruk, but in testing, I noticed no difference.

Thanks again.

Despair has innate ragdoll damage. This means that if you kill one enemy with a knife, the body/body parts will fly backward and deal that same damage to whatever was standing behind the initial target. I build for pure damage on my Despair, though Seeker does help with enemies taking cover behind crates and the like.

I replaced Seeker with No Return and shot at some lancers and it still took them down through shields, which is why I'm confused as to if this weapon has innate punch through. I never used punch through mods on my weapons before until I got a Boltor, and only because Shred ups the fire rate. It's hard for me to tell if it's working with that weapon, too, but in this case it's the high rate of damage and fire... and I also have a blast setup so it's not great for testing the mechanic.

Are you talking about Akbronco or Despair? If it's the Akbronco, shotgun weapons tend to hit through shields because pellets have a good chance of going through that tiny slot in the shield where the enemy is supposed to look out of.

Are you talking about Akbronco or Despair? If it's the Akbronco, shotgun weapons tend to hit through shields because pellets have a good chance of going through that tiny slot in the shield where the enemy is supposed to look out of.

While I'm not 100% sure, from the wiki, it states that there's a bug with the Despair that allows them to penetrate through enemies if the wielder is the host. This might have caused what you're talking about, but the Despair does not have innate punch through usually.

I was always host so this may have been the issue. Noble, I was talking about Despair and have yet to notice not being able to hit shield lancers through their shields. I only this weekend forma'ed and slotted Seeker on Despair. It's has been my main secondary for a number of patches; at least since around U12 when I got it. This is also why I'm talking about Akbronco, since I was looking for a new secondary (until I get the Brakk).

I guess I'm just going to have to test more when I know I'm a client, then plan accordingly.

Thanks for the input!