Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Can Pay To Be Twice As Powerful?

Jrgsubzero

I never paid a single thing and I got almost all my things supercharged (I got about 4 frames and 12  weapons). So it's not pay2win, you just need patience.

How? You can only hold 2 frames at a time, and your weapon inventory doesn't hold 12 weapons. How did you do that without paying?

I can't accuse many of the people posting in here of being intelligent.......

I'm just going to point out that everything but the color paletes, those stupid credit packs, credit boosters, and affinity boosters can be gotten through alerts. Yes, even those alternate helmet/weapon skins.

Oh, I forgot the mod packs but those are unnessary.

Edited by Avenwing

Been playing this game for quite some time now and I've noticed orokin BPs are really rare on alerts, with the possibility of 1 a week if you're awake. And with daily rewards bugging giving a shotgun box with 0 quantity I don't see me personally getting any from that. 

So, it seems to boil down to that paying members are essentially twice as powerful as free players. Is this not the case? 

On your statement you are correct, we can pay to be twice as powerful, this is the fact.

Most people start bashing on you, is only because they can't read or comprehend the title.

IIRC, the max amount of Platinum anyone could have at this point without paying is 150, which includes the starting fifty Plat plus the hundred from the U7 server downtime compensation.  This will allow for seven additional frame slots at most.

On the subject of P2W, I'd like to repost a bit I wrote during the first week of U7:

I'd just like to give a personal example of how this game can be easily played without spending a cent (since my current MO on the F2P circuit is to milk as much out of a game without paying at all). I believe there are four crucial pillars of F2P in this game; tasks that if you complete without using platinum, you will have overcome the F2P system. For reference, before Update 7, I spent between 70-75 hours in-game over a period of about a month and a half. Here are the pillars:

1. Farmed and built a rare weapon/alt helmet (Plasma Sword completed, collected every rare sword and dagger BP excluding the Dark Sword, and six unique alt helms).
2. Farmed and built a new frame (two, Frost & Ember).
3. Collected an Orokin Catalyst (from alerts and login rewards, total of eleven so far).
4. Collected an Orokin Reactor (from alerts and login rewards, total of six so far).

I did all of this between the releases of Update 6 and Update 7, all while having an immense amount of fun with just the core gameplay. After I maxed out Frost, I started to tone down my hours of gameplay, only bothering with major alerts (I also beta test numerous other F2P games simultaneously, so I switch in and out with updates). Most importantly, I didn't burn myself out. I'm on another short break now because of a rash of major retail releases, but when I come back, I'm sure I'll find the game just as enjoyable as when I first started, because I took my time with it, I didn't get frustrated over the grind, and I never had the perception that I NEEDED platinum.

As an addendum to this, I've now increased my Reactor total to eight, and my Catalyst total to fifteen. I've also built my third farmed frame (Saryn), and added two more alt helms plus the Dark Sword to my collection.

Man, this IPB coding needs some work; really annoying to copypasta stuff from here and back.

Edited by MiaovenWinter

This is a Pay to Win model. Now, while I know this game is Free to play, and some kind of revenue is needed to support the advancement of this game, Warframe, and it's methods to bully you into BUYING their in game currency is what makes this game Pay to Win. While you can get just about every item under the sun without paying a single solitary platinum, you will find that you cannot get through the game without buying a thing or two or three, even 4 without platinum, and the meager amount you *do* happen to come across is not enough to support needing the amount of platinum you will eventually need just to 'get by'.

Now, as I said, I am not usually opposed to cash shops, as I am often willing to part with my hard earned cash in order to 'buy' things, or expidite my way through the game, I usually reserve my cash when I am bullied into having to hand it over. If I *have* to buy 75platinum just to expand inventory, or to expand this, or that, or what have you, that is what makes me frown and turn away from the game.

But, if I get certain expansion slots, and can pay for MORE then that is acceptable. I'd be willing to buy some plat to buy things that I think will be worthy of my investments. But again, I go back to the point that ultimately, you are bullied into buying if you want to proceed. Not succeed, but PROCEED.

That is when a pay to win scenario rears its ugly head for me.

Played long enough to get my starter frame supercharged, bought and sold weapons to reach Rank 4 and got my HEK, then supercharged it. After that, cakewalk time.

Afterwards decided I liked collecting stuff, so bought a founders package and used the platinum for slots, slots, and more slots.

Not seeing the pay2win here. Pay2hoard, yes.

Technically, yes potatoes do make you twice as powerful, becuase you have twice as much room to put your OP mods in. That said, I think the way they're implemented is fine, but a surefire way to obtain them (through heavy grinding ofc) for free would be much better than relying on RNG.

Technically, yes potatoes do make you twice as powerful, becuase you have twice as much room to put your OP mods in. That said, I think the way they're implemented is fine, but a surefire way to obtain them (through heavy grinding ofc) for free would be much better than relying on RNG.

I agree and disagree, right now there really isn't anything in their cash shop that's worth actually purchasing right now other than the potatos. Until that changes I would prefer the potatos stay a pain to get.

$10 USD gets you 8 potatoes, same price as a classy cigar

Yeah, that's all you guys gotta do. Stop spending money on cigars and buy more platinum. At least buying plat doesn't give you cancer, lower your life expectancy, and make your teeth yellow.

It's a win-win. You get health, and you get some longitvity in-game as well as life.

Warframe isn't a paytowin, weapons bought by money aren't more powerful, and we can get the blueprints to craft almost everything without using money. Plus, the game can be finished without paying anything, as long as you have 10 fingers and eyes.

Warframe isn't a paytowin, weapons bought by money aren't more powerful, and we can get the blueprints to craft almost everything without using money. Plus, the game can be finished without paying anything, as long as you have 10 fingers and eyes.

Not almost, everything that can be equipped to your warframe or weapon can be crafted. Even weapon/helmet skins.

Let's see...I got 3 Orokin Reactors and 6 Orokin Catalysts. All from alerts. I just got an Orokin Catalyst from the log-in reward today, which is an absolute first, but goes to proof the chance does exist. That's a total of 3 Reactors and 7 Catalysts, and I don't necessarily play everyday (try to log in daily to keep up the rewards). Perhaps I should note that though I do have the $20 founders pack, I haven't used any plat to get anything but frame and weapon slots.

Same as above...

I play since January. I have every Warframe (12 without Xcal Prime) with a Reactor in it and still alot Reactor BP's left to Build. I have 6 or 7 Weapons with Catalysts in them and even both Sentinel Weapons have em and i still have 7 unused Catalysts lying around and no clue where to put them.

All Platinum i bought i put into Slots for Weapons and Warframes so everything above i got from playing.

It's not that the game is pay to win or that there are too few Orokin BP's... most people are just not patient enough and sadly like to whine.

Edited by Namacyst

Yeah, those devs don't need money!

They can magically live off of nothing, and money grows on trees.

(As if my sarcasm isn't that obvious)

But really, wow, are the majority of the here complaining about it being P2W of American nationality by any chance? Be honest - I know you guys are running  budget deficits and a failing economy (thanks Obama), but even I can scrape up five dollars from out my sofa.

Seriously though, are you guys so terrible with money you can't acquire a measly five dollars? Hell, I could get five dollars right now ,if I wanted to ,by just sitting on my &#!, and using my head to materialize the money in my hand.

Is the American public education system nowdays only producing people with Celcius, room temperatue IQs? Are Americans so stupefied by their government that they actually now are too incompetent to even get or make five dollars with just some basic common sense?

Wow, I'm  disappointed, America.

I'm hoping for my own sanity the sarcasm continued through the whole post, especially if you're European. It's hard to get a gloomier economic outlook than the Eurozone.

On your statement you are correct, we can pay to be twice as powerful, this is the fact.

Most people start bashing on you, is only because they can't read or comprehend the title.

Thank you, some people may never be able to read properly, you aren't one of them.

I bet that even if the probability of dropping a potato was 1/10^9 you guys would still say that it's perfectly normal to get the item in-game. It's also particularly interesting that always the guys who pay say that the game is not pay to win.

Oh of course. I was born as a f*** grand master.... I mean. Who would think about that I might be a free 2 play player too as I started this game. Oh come on. Why should someone think about that? Its easier to say: oh these founder guys always talk bla bla....

As I started, i never had problem. I only get my potatoes during daily rewards or alert missions. I have 8 catas and 5 reactors... Without paying.....

The drop rates are ok.... Besides that. Now that they think about giving away even the slots for mastery ranks, I dont see why they should make the last thing, that is actually worth paying money for, even more common.....

Edited by Venarge

Same as above...

I play since January. I have every Warframe (12 without Xcal Prime) with a Reactor in it and still alot Reactor BP's left to Build. I have 6 or 7 Weapons with Catalysts in them and even both Sentinel Weapons have em and i still have 7 unused Catalysts lying around and no clue where to put them.

All Platinum i bought i put into Slots for Weapons and Warframes so everything above i got from playing.

It's not that the game is pay to win or that there are too few Orokin BP's... most people are just not patient enough and sadly like to whine.

+1000000000

Same as above...

Most people have a life and sadly like to whine, like me.