Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking Console: New Hexagon Tile

Basara09112023

warframe.png

New Hacking Tiles

Alarm tiles would trigger the alarm when moved/turned. Not turning this tile would disable the alarm instead.

Unmovable are unmovable, you have to use/move/turn other tiles to finish the puzzle

Higher levels, i suppose you only have limited amount of turn to make within the time limit or each turn would reduce the timer it self. Forcing the Tenno to make calculated moves.

One thing I would like to have worked on first is symmetrical tiles only have a single "correct" orientation when it should have 2 or 3 depending on its layout.

I guess that can be easily fixed using colored lines or line ends?

Making the puzzles a bit more difficult, could be interesting.

Another thing, why not have different puzzles for Corpus? Always baffled me why the Corpus would use "Grineer Cypher"...

and why they have Grineer Systems in Mobile Defence missions, then again this is Beta for a reason, but yeah they do need to make hacking a little more... like hacking, while I know that I'm pretty sure the Tenno would have Ub3rH4x0r skillz, it should atleast have a little more variety in it

Has anyone here played Doom 3? (Also Quake IV.)

I thought the coolest thing about that engine was that it supported Adobe Shockwave Flash for in-game menus. Instead of having a menu pop up, you just looked directly at the console and used your crosshair as a mouse pointer.

This game isn't first-person, so I suppose that wouldn't work all that well. Still, I'd really love to see that mechanic and technology integrated into more games. So awesome! (゚∀゚)

ANYWAY, to actually address the thread -- I think the idea for new tiles in the cypher looks good, and I also agree that the cypher's problems need to be *fixed* first, starting with that stupid center "X" tile requiring the correct orientation.

The Cypher as we have it almost feels like a placeholder. I'm sure the Corpus will have a different minigame altogether.