Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Chance Someday For A Metallic Colors Palette?

manub

Gold would be left out of this since it's for prime, but I'd like to put some silver on some of my frames

There are other metallic colors too: cobalt blue, copper orange, silver...

Is there any chance to see something like this some day?

Maybe someday, but as of the near future, I highly doubt it. 

Besides, it's not really colors, but more like layers and sheens. It's these things that make something appear metallic. With the way coloring and customization work right now, it isn't possible, and as far as I know they have had difficulties finding a way to implement it.

Its not logistically possible without tinkering with the models, which DE has said they will not do, concerning other issues, so they definitely won't do it concerning colours.

The metallic effect is not a colour, its a texture on the actual model. with a flat colour overlayed on top of it. If DE really, really wanted to, they could let us recolour Prime stuff, but it wouldn't turn matte when we put a colour on it from our colour palettes, it would remain metallic, due to the texture on the model underneath it.

The colours we select aren't actually opaque, like we see in our palettes screen, they're actually translucent, which causes the texture underneath to come through, hence why metals, cloths, and tentacles exist on certain frames without any more complex customisation on our part.

EDIT: Idea. Texture palettes <3 I want a faux fur texture so I can recolour it fluorescent colours and walk around like im in a fursuit or something.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

i had a topic i made a long time ago seems to have been delete due to age.

but when i wrote it up i got a response and they would like to do it but it would be hard because they would have to make a mesh as well as the color for it to work and that is time consuming and harder then just tacking on another color on the mesh we already have.

at least that is what i remember from the post.

but i feel ya bro because id like a matte color palette because i dont really care for all the shininess in the game.

This one is being asked since ages ago. The answer was they would have to tinker with shaders or something like that, which is quite a bit more work than a regular palette and was pretty low in the list of priorities. So the only answer for now is "it might happen someday but don't wait on it".

they did rubedo steam items, all metalic, maybe we will see something special again, but i highly doubt about palette, maybe more metalic skins.

Rubedo Skin on Nyx Prime would be pure awesome!

IMO Rubedo Rhino skin is useless, he got ironskin on top anyway XD

Edited by GCoda

• 2 weeks later...