Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Having The Mission Level Lie To The Player.

AureusVulpes

This is of course, in relation to the missions where enemies are "X" level, but deal damage at a rate far higher than the level advertises. A "prime" example of this is Tier 4 void missions, and a number of recent event missions. It's so misleading that it's practically lying, and it's very annoying. There is no indication that the enemies are "special" in some way, so what you wind up with is players prepping for Lv X enemies (based on past experience) and getting absolutely wrecked by enemies dealing vastly more damage than the advertised level.

Please give us some indication that the enemies are non-standard if applicable. It's getting old.

Level really is a misnomer because it has absolutely nothing to do with some generically ascending scale of power. Difficulty is what rises, however, and it's been seen that enemy damage is what dictates how dangerous things can be. T4 is advertised as being 'hard' so it's fairly irrelevant what the enemies look like, or the numbers next to their names, because they will wreck you.

Level really is a misnomer because it has absolutely nothing to do with some generically ascending scale of power. Difficulty is what rises, however, and it's been seen that enemy damage is what dictates how dangerous things can be. T4 is advertised as being 'hard' so it's fairly irrelevant what the enemies look like, or the numbers next to their names, because they will wreck you.

Be that as it may, it says nothing in the game UI that the enemies are non-standard. The game should NOT rely on players being aware of a 3rd party wiki that tells them that "Hey, you're gonna get wrecked in there if you prep for actual Lv24 enemies, and expect to level that unpotatoed rank 20 rifle you've been working on."

i'm confused. Enemies most certainly follow the range that the Sector says. if it says Enemies will be 10-15, they'll be 10-15 (assuming not endless where they'll continue to grow ad infinitum).

are... we talking about the same Enemies in different areas that have different Weapons?

i'm confused. Enemies most certainly follow the range that the Sector says. if it says Enemies will be 10-15, they'll be 10-15 (assuming not endless where they'll continue to grow ad infinitum).

are... we talking about the same Enemies in different areas that have different Weapons?

No, I'm talking about "special" missions, like for example T4 void. Go to T2 void (where enemies are the same level) and watch how much damage their shots do to you. Then go to T4 void and look at the same damage source. You'll take significantly more damage in T4 void, despite same enemy level.

There have been a number of events (up to a few months ago) where the enemies would deal escalated damage compared to their actual level.

Edited by AureusVulpes

No, I'm talking about "special" missions, like for example T4 void. Go to T2 void (where enemies are the same level) and watch how much damage their shots do to you. Then go to T4 void and look at the same damage source. You'll take significantly more damage in T4 void, despite same enemy level.

There have been a number of events (up to a few months ago) where the enemies would deal escalated damage compared to their actual level.

oh. that.

i expect Enemies that are more 'difficult' (more Damage isn't more difficult, still isn't, never will be) in TIV Missions.

as for say, Suspicious Shipments, we were told that it was a mini-event to test the possibility of scaling Enemies differently, where Health scaled much slower and instead Damage went up higher.

i, for one, enjoyed those Missions. Enemies were less boring to kill, but were still 'dangerous'.

that's all i can recall where Enemies had increased Damage on top of their Levels. remembering things that far back can get cloudy though.

Edited by taiiat

Just tried to solo T4 Exterminate mission. 300 points of shields, +1k hp and about 300 armor; still get just obliterated trying to reach into melee range for some life strike hp steal. Even picking up targets With Latron prime behind corners and fighting behind covers always got me killed. Lost all 4 revives and couldn't even reach Vor. (frame Saryn, Dragon Nikana as melee weapon)

Funny thing is that T3 Exterminate mission was so easy compared to T4 that I never got under 900 hp even when 10+ enemies were having focused fire at me.

Silly thing that enemy level difference is like 5-9 levels, but damage is increased like x4 times.

Not complaining about difficulty, this kinda missions are made for groups of players. And soloing for challenge is cool, but thoose numbers are just misleading and silly.

Edited by Teardanos

Just tried to solo T4 Exterminate mission. 300 points of shields, +1k hp and about 300 armor; still get just obliterated trying to reach into melee range for some life strike hp steal. Even picking up targets With Latron prime behind corners and fighting behind covers always got me killed. Lost all 4 revives and couldn't even reach Vor. (frame Saryn, Dragon Nikana as melee weapon)

Funny thing is that T3 Exterminate mission was so easy compared to T4 that I never got under 900 hp even when 10+ enemies were having focused fire at me.

Silly thing that enemy level difference is like 5-9 levels, but damage is increased like x4 times.

Not complaining about difficulty, this kinda missions are made for groups of players. And soloing for challenge is cool, but thoose numbers are just misleading and silly.

If it was your first time trying I understand but your build doesn't seem appropriate

T4 is made like that on purpose, some people said only increasing level for T4 would be boring so they kinda mixed up the difficulty increase, on another point it isn't that bad because in terms of hp/armor scaling they are still somewhat weak.