The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event Mod Set Idea.

OcelotVampire

WOW, never underestimate how negative players can be towards new stuff. We have corrupted mods and if players had their way before hand, we wouldn't have em. We already have 4 +60 status mods. Why not the reverse? Maybe some players would like a little more damage at the cost of status chance. I have a few weapons with 100% status and it is nice, but I'd like to fool around with higher elemental damage builds too. Perhaps +120% extra damage isn't enough. I was going to say +150% and -60% status, but was worried people would say that would be too OP. I guess some people will complain and childishly say "NO" instead of offering valid feedback. This is why we can't have nice things.

WOW, never underestimate how negative players can be towards new stuff. We have corrupted mods and if players had their way before hand, we wouldn't have em. We already have 4 +60 status mods. Why not the reverse? Maybe some players would like a little more damage at the cost of status chance. I have a few weapons with 100% status and it is nice, but I'd like to fool around with higher elemental damage builds too. Perhaps +120% extra damage isn't enough. I was going to say +150% and -60% status, but was worried people would say that would be too OP. I guess some people will complain and childishly say "NO" instead of offering valid feedback. This is why we can't have nice things.

We don't need more damage stack. That's my reason. The existence of these mods would drive up dps on many weapons tremendously. As the game is now, they have no place, sorry.

No.

I rather have things like

+60% X elemental

+20% fire rate

Kind of mods.

That.

The new mods aren't something astonishing... I probably won't equip them anywhere... at least not without excessive testing on some DPS calculators... because I've the bad feeling that those new mods aren't worth the trouble... or only for a few niche weapons I don't care much about.

They should have buffed the existing slash mods to 90% and release the event mods as dualstat mods with 60% damage + whatever stat DE thinks is fitting.

Edited by MeduSalem

We don't need more damage stack. That's my reason. The existence of these mods would drive up dps on many weapons tremendously. As the game is now, they have no place, sorry.

Really? Neither do the current event mods then. +120% slash damage is kinda useless, yet they added it. I don't see a problem with doing more damage. Last time I checked, people like doing more damage no? Well at least you gave a reason and didn't just post "no". For that I thank you.

If we had another elemental damage mod set we could make elemental damage builds that focus on 1 damage type, rather then having to combine 2. Like a pure fire build for example. Having a +90%, +60% and a +120% (or 150%) would mean you can do a pure fire damage build without having the loss of damage from leaving the other elementals out. In the end you only have 8 mod slots after all. Most use base damage, multishot and elementals for the rest (depending on if it's crit build weapon or not). Players will always stack damage. So there is infact a place for more options to do so. 

It's not a particularly bad idea, but the truth is that the higher damage on all weapons would just create more power creep and make event mods even more important than they already are. The current dual stat elemental / status mods find places on niche status builds and are also good for saving forma due to the lower mod capacity requirement and they already go for 100 plat and more each. The mods you are proposing would give a flat 60% damage increase in their respective elements to weapons that do not rely on status chance (eg: soma, boltor prime) or that do not have a very high status chance (25%+) such as dragon nikana, dakra prime, etc. This is ridiculous. These mods would become almost mandatory on most weapons, and you could still stack the current elementals (hellfire, infected clip) to create a massive power gap from the people who do not have the proposed event mods. How much plat would a 150% extra electric damage mod go for? Probably 500+ plat.