Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Glorious Shotgun

_Cthulhu_

Before open beta launched i had a level 30 strun. The gun was amazing i had a 20 round magazine, and the other mods i had made it my favorite gun.

After open betal launched, I lost all of that, which I was fine with, as i was able to level my boltor while I hunted for a magazine mod for the shotgun. yesterday I finally found a magazine mod. I immediately fused it to the max.

The results were dismal. Instead of the 20 round clip i had coe to love i had a nine round magazine, not even half of the capacity i used to clear rooms. instead of a weapon deadly to the grineer, corpus, and infested, i had a weapon that was dangerous to my frame, as inconvenient reloads caused me to use my revives up in two missions on venus, where i had no trouble running with my boltor and cleaning corpus house. 

Is there any way to get my glorious shotgun back to its former potential? 

The dynamic for shotguns has certainly changed.  You're not going to be able to use a shotgun nonstop no matter what.  Even with a full reload mod, you'll feel the pain.  My suggestion is change your tactic.  Come into a room full of enemies with a full clip, use it to quickly reduce the incoming fire by taking out the worst (moas, for example).  Then switch to your pistol or melee until you have a chance to reload the shotgun.  Just a suggestion.

Multishot and armor piercing are your friends on that strun, btw.  

Edited by Yorinar

That's how I kitted my Strun... it's not perfect, but I optimized it towards killing high-level Ancients.

It works pretty well. I don't mind the long reload and 6-shot mag if what I shoot at dies in just one shot (highlevel ancients take 1-3 max) anyhow.

(Feel free to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong btw. Been thinking about losing the Critical Chance & Damage for straight-up elemental damage or reload speed)

R4ZAqSv.png

Edited by Sherbniz

My strun is a mob eraser. Anything shy of an ancient is a single pull of the trigger. Don't waste shots.

Mind stats at the end of a run with friends is usually the same: most kills, least damage. Nothing lives long enough.

Sagonene

I feel shotguns are about where they should be, they are very powerful and potent with a very signicant weakpoint, small magazine and reload time which helps balance them, frankly a 20 round magazine would be insane, could clear most rooms without even reloading, any boss fights with shields would be a cake walk. I can understand that you miss the large capacity magazine, but really they would pretty much have to nerf it somewhere else in return to keep it from completely overshadowing the other weapons.

looks like ill be sticking to my boltor for the most part the 10 rounds is just too little as i like to run solo at least half of the time

however thank you very much for the advice and i might use the tactic suggested above as i have a rhino that tanks like no other and use my scindo to great effect, especially on infested missions anyways.

i will always miss the days when i could clear a room of infested and qute a few grineer or corpus

RIP strun of closed beta

Oh, and this is and never will be a rage post what other game can you run along walls, shoot aliens, cut aliens in half, kill zombie aliens, and do badass power stuff ALL AT THE SAME TIME

The Boar is there for those who want a shotgun with a higher magazine, although the damage delivered and the spread suffer as a result.

Spread, maybe, but not the damage.

My friend has a Boar that he modded with multishot, damage, armor piercing, and then followed up with mag capacity and fire rate.

It clears mobs and bursts down bosses like nothing I've ever seen in a truly spectacular and lulzy manner.

A tad ammo inefficent, yes, but when our group wants to go forward as fast as possible while still killing everything in our path, that gun has absolutely no equal.

If you want a shotgun that simply obliterates everything in its path instantly, mod up a Boar.

Edited by Haif

look i miss my old strun i specced into magazine size for a reason sustained fire from shotguns is devastating my OP was asking for advice and i heeded it. 

that doesnt mean i cant be nostalgic about when i had a 20 round magazine.

its just 10 isnt enough 15 maybe but 10 isnt enough for me and that's my opinion.

That's how I kitted my Strun... it's not perfect, but I optimized it towards killing high-level Ancients.

It works pretty well. I don't mind the long reload and 6-shot mag if what I shoot at dies in just one shot (highlevel ancients take 1-3 max) anyhow.

(Feel free to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong btw. Been thinking about losing the Critical Chance & Damage for straight-up elemental damage or reload speed)

R4ZAqSv.png

Crit mods are really, really bad compared to the elemental damage ones unless they stealth buffed the crit rate recently.

R4ZAqSv.png

How do you make your shotgun over rank 30?

How do you make your shotgun over rank 30?

I see him using the full 60 mod points of a lvl 30 wep, you may have miscounted

*Edit* or you may not have noticed that you get 2 points of mods per wep lvl.

Edited by Keltik0ne

I see him using the full 60 mod points of a lvl 30 wep, you may have miscounted

*Edit* or you may not have noticed that you get 2 points of mods per wep lvl.

What? Is this a mastery rank bonus or pay bonus? Cause I currently only have 1 point of mods per weapon.