Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sheev... How Disappointing

-Mr.Meeseeks-

I think we should go souls games type dmg setting with these weapons. Daggers, and other light small one handed weapons, have low damage but fast attack speed and good to insane critical damage and great counter damage,low stagger chance.

One handed swords and katanas basic attack speed medium to good damage, standard critical and counter, low to medicore stagger chance.

Two handed weapons(in WF case, pole arms and staffs) slightly better damage than one handed weapons, slightly slower, but stagger chance is better and reach and hits multiple enemies as long there are enemies in range.

Heavy weapons, almost 3times higher damage than one handed weapons, 2times higher than regular 2handed weapons, slow attack speed but great reach and almost always staggers one hit and some attacks sends enemies flying up to air or slams them on the ground, leaving them helpless.

Fist weapons and whips cant be done same way, as most of them have okay damage, but greatly scales with either strength or dex. Said stats do not exist in WF.

This entire event is a buzzkill. It's a nice thing to give us a bit of lore filler, but all they did was show how far they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for events rewards. They just outright destroyed any use for the original slash damage mods by giving ones that are about 4 times better, and locked all this behind a terribly assembled artificial difficulty mission. I expect the other damage types to be trumped soon anyway.

The dagger stance speed makes no sense for a dagger. A dagger is always fast so how does the stance make all daggers slow...Someone is not thinking at all, it's like using a heavy dagger which does not exist.

The Sheev uses the Pointed Wind stance? Because the other uncommon stance (forgot the name) is much faster.

Isn't this a stance problem? The fast stance makes most daggers very fast from what I can tell.

The other one though... btw whos idea was to make stance for DAGGERS that is SLOW and focuses on AOE strikes? That is simply ridiculous. I might be slow.. but look at that sweeping strike it can hit all the enemies... 6 inches in front of me.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I like the Sheev. I like its design, the fact that I can break canisters without losing my sprint and that I can copter as well as with a Glaive Prime with them.

Just dont you EVER switch to melee mode with them. This event weapon is for those who keep saying that they miss Melee 1.0. It is for coptering and E spamming only.

It does feel slow and a speed buff to all daggers and stances a like is appreciable. 

But I did noticed that the high status chance makes it proc every swing and it stacks.

Just witnessed a high level heavy gunner literally bleed it self to death with this thing as i stacked slash procs one after the other.

But again. Pointed wind makes this sooooo slooooow. I switched to homing fang and its much more bearable now. 

Edited by H.Katsura_999

*sigh* and another day of free gaming. #FWP

Oh look here! Another guy who misinterprets the post he quoted.

DE have made a habit of using artificial difficulty and repetition in their events. They took a step in the right direction with the excavations because don't get me wrong- they were cool as F***. They actually made teamwork necessary in a game-mode, huzzah!

But with this one, they took 2 steps back, back to their old repetitive and artificial difficult ways.

Ground Finishers with the Sheev are so annoying. You knockdown an enemy, go for the double finish and that revolutionary Impact proc screws you out of the second hit. The enemy snaps to a standing position and stumbles backwards out of range.

Why is it even possible to Impact proc on ground finishers? Is having my target shoot me in the face before I get up really important to Sheev's design?

Edited by DarkLizalfos

To me, the Sheev really falls flat because it does slash damage. The whole point of daggers is to give us melee weapons that do piercing damage. Swords/Axes for slash and hammers/staves for impact. The Sheev is is only useful to me for mastery, then I'm never touching it again. Why would I? I have swords that are better in every way.

It's funny that the same people who argue about how the Excal line of sight change shouldn't apply real-life logic, are some of the same people who complain that a dagger is as slow as a hammer.  Honestly, it does good damage, and as long as you use homing fang it's great.  The problem is that the stance it has a polarity for is ultra slow and BAD.

No really, Pointed Wind is awful.

It's not comparable, but I used to do a lot of knife sets when I used to do martial arts when I was younger.

You strike just as fast when holding a knife as you do with your fists or open hands, you just do it differently.

I imagine actually its far too complicated to implement a more realistic approach considering you would barely see what was going on.