Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's The Black Dye?

Kanary

Black will be available in a future DLC pack.

"The long awaited Black Dye!"

Peter Molyneux....is that you? -stare-

Seriously though, it depends on what frame you use, on some frames the deep blue color in the Ice pallet and the real dark red in the Fire pallet actually do come real close to black, on other frames the color is lighter.(weird I know?) For now, the greys in the Classic and Saturated are just gonna have to do us black fans. :(

The darkest BLACK (not dark blue or dark red) is available at the bottom of the FIRE color pack. It is currently te darkest true black in the game, with the exception of the dark sword/Ethers hilt's colors, which are unavailable for use elsewhere.

The darkest BLACK (not dark blue or dark red) is available at the bottom of the FIRE color pack. It is currently te darkest true black in the game, with the exception of the dark sword/Ethers hilt's colors, which are unavailable for use elsewhere.

You mean the dark red? :(

I just bought the color pack and have all colors. I can say with out a doubt that the Fire has true jet black. It isn't the very bottom corner because that is gray it is one or a few up from the very bottom corner. It is very black, like the void of space, it isn't dark blue or dark grey, It's true black and it's already in the game. I use it on all of my frames.

This is technically black, not gray.  If you're wanting DEEP SPACE VOID BLACK you'll have to deal with the "superdarkred" just above it until they come out with a "Blacks and whites" pack.
nTGjWFf.jpg

Edited by Zh40

I'm more interested in purple than black. There's dark enough greys in the normal/saturated palletes to pass as black already, but nothing even remotely purple, and after seeing it on the ether swords, do want.

A lot of games have issue doing a true black because in essence you are programming not to have a color at all when you go for black. Shading and texture become nonexistent. It's probably best to go for the really dark grey in the fire color and remain able to see all the details of your frame while playing instead of a black hard to define shape on the screen.

Edited by Crewell

You lose detail when you have pure black, and a lot of games don't implement it for that reason as well as certain gameplay reasons as well. Players can be hard to see with pure black colors, and that is annoying for teammates.

I just bought the color pack and have all colors. I can say with out a doubt that the Fire has true jet black. It isn't the very bottom corner because that is gray it is one or a few up from the very bottom corner. It is very black, like the void of space, it isn't dark blue or dark grey, It's true black and it's already in the game. I use it on all of my frames.

I have the same colour pack, the colour you refer to is actually a very dark red, if it looks jet black to you, you may wish to consider adjusting your monitor settings. I also use it on all my frames, as it is the darkest non blue colour available at the moment.

I'm more interested in purple than black. There's dark enough greys in the normal/saturated palletes to pass as black already, but nothing even remotely purple, and after seeing it on the ether swords, do want.

Yes, but they only PASS as black, what the people in the thread are asking for is TRUE black or jet black

There are good browns on fire palette. 

I know it, and so does my Rhino. I do like them quite a bit, take a look at them. The lower part of the pallete, right above that silly excuse for black it's got and it's shades of grey.

I can see why having a true black might be problematic for programming/rendering purposes, but several weapons, like the Scana and the Lato have true black on them by default, even though it is nowhere on any current color palate. It just doesn't make sense to me to not have it available, especially when players are spending real world money for extra colors.