The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Micro-Stuttering Every Few Seconds

SkullWB

The game drops nearly 25% of the MAX fps every few seconds for a very short period of time(1/4 of second or so) making the game stutters, or the game stutter and make the fps drop 25% of its total fps, idk, but this makes the game be annoying to play.

Examles:
(vSync:ON)-->I play at 60fps and every few seconds the game makes a stutter and drops the fps to 45 and then gets back nearly instantaneously to its normal 60fps and then it repeats the process again over again.

(vSync:OFF)-->I play at 115-125fps and every few seconds the game makes a stutter and drops the fps to 75-85 and then gets back nearly instantaneously to its normal 115-125fps and then it repeats the process again over again.

My PC:

CPU AMD Phenom II x4 955BE 3,2Ghz

GPU nVidia 560 GTX OC

12Gb Ram 1600mhz CL9

120gb SSD(For Windows)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500gb(For Warframe)

Warframe Specs:

--------------------------

--Launcher:

---DX11(ON)

---Multi-Thread(ON)

---64Bits(ON)

--------------------------

--In Game:

1920x1080(Full-Screen)(Tried "Borderless Window" too)

vSync(ON)(Tried it OFF too)

All Settings Maxed and Activated

PS: I hope this get fixed soon because i want play the event smooth.

if this only happened during the event missions, it seems to be how it loads up multiple tile-sets causes a ton of FPS hiccups even (with a few settings turn off/low even).

If you are getting it out of the event mission, try turning reflections off. A lot of people have been reporting FPS loss due to it being on.

Edited by Ace_Kayo

if this only happened during the event missions, it seems to be how it loads up multiple tile-sets causes a ton of FPS hiccups even (with a few settings turn off/low even).

If you are getting it out of the event mission, try turning reflections off. A lot of people have been reporting FPS loss due to it being on.

Nop, it happens everywhere, even in the lisset, and the drop is constant, always 25% of the total fps every few seconds.

And if i turn off "Local Reflections" it only makes the fps be higher while the stutter happens, but it feels exactly same way than when the Reflections are ON.

PS: I will try put all at low and see what happens.

Edit: Awesome, I set all to OFF and low, it gives me 200-280 fps but the damn stutter still happens like a boss dropping the fps to 100-120, and the stutter feels EXACTLY like when i have all settings MAXED.... unbelievable...

Edit2: Just tried set the Directx to DX10 and the same S#&$ happens, it's something in the game code that they touched in some of the last patches... 
Edited by sgghostrider

• 2 months later...

I've been experiencing these stutters ever since U15 went live. My fps drops from 90 to 0.70 every 5 seconds or so when I try to progress through the level. Since U15 I haven't been able to complete Terminus, Mercury because of these microfreezes. I know it's not my hardware, because pre U15 I could run Warframe at a constant 100 fps on lowest graphic settings.