Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Know Any Good F2P Games?

zooke90909

TERA 

DC Universe Online 

Champions Online 

Neverwinter 

If I'm not playing Warframe, I'm playing one of these. 

Also, Archeage just recently went live & is F2P. It's great so far. 

Just watched a Trailer for Archeage, it looks amazing. Going to have to try that one out.

Yeah, if I wasn't here, I'd probably be on Neverwinter or Lotr Online. However, there are sooo many good games for $5 or less, I would probably avoid F2P and just pick up some cheap games.

Me = Broke XD

And I tried Neverwinter, but without a friend to play with, most of the time I got Bored of just killing random things.

Quake Live, it released on steam quite recently. ^. ^

I tried that out, and I liked it all, except that anyone could just pick up the RL and kill everything with no skill involved. However, the other guns do require quite a bit a skill with the Damage system.

LoL, DotA 2, Planetside 2, LotRO (If it's your kind of thing), C9, Vindictus, Neverwinter is worth a try, TF2

+Ghost Recon Online, Defiance (co-op focused TSP open world)

Lol, Dota, TF : Meh, I find them too... I can't find a good word for it.

PS2 Doesn't want to load for some odd reason.

LotRO has bad reviews on what i have seen

C9: Just heard about it, might have to check it out now

Vindictus: Downloading now...

GRO: It doesn't seem that fun without friends to compete with.

Defiance: My Friends dad always asks me how far I am in the game, because he bought it for his PS3. Long story short: It got weird talking to him about the game. But it is really fun, if you have a group of people.

And I already talked about NW

Edit: Thanks all of you for posting games though! I will look into most of them!

Edited by zooke90909

I'd recommend the crap out of TF2 if you're into fast-paced, 100% skill-based yet strategic competitive shooting games.

If it were 2010, I'd recommend Vindictus with a 9/10 rating, if not higher. Unfortunately, as time passed, the game became horribly Pay2Win, and because of the mass quitting that followed, the game is more or less a ghost town. And because of this, the devs have so little funding that they can't even afford to hire people to optimize the game.

If you can run Warframe on maxed-out settings at 60 FPS at all times, you might be able to scrape the 40 FPS mark on a typical town map in Vindictus in DirectX 8. The newer dungeons' optimizations are even worse.

EDIT:

If you're like me and you play in DirectX11 with the more expensive settings (local reflections, antialiasing, shadow detail) disabled in order to maintain a healthy framerate, then good luck scraping 15 FPS on lowest settings in Season 2 battles. Starting from S2E3, good luck even scraping 10.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'd recommend the crap out of TF2 if you're into fast-paced, 100% skill-based yet strategic competitive shooting games.

If it were 2010, I'd recommend Vindictus with a 9/10 rating, if not higher. Unfortunately, as time passed, the game became horribly Pay2Win, and because of the mass quitting that followed, the game is more or less a ghost town. And because of this, the devs have so little funding that they can't even afford to hire people to optimize the game.

If you can run Warframe on maxed-out settings at 60 FPS at all times, you might be able to scrape the 40 FPS mark on a typical town map in Vindictus in DirectX 8. The newer dungeons' optimizations are even worse.

Thanks for bringing the Fps thing to my attention. I barely get 40fps in missions on WF, so I think Vindictus would kill my computer.

I am having fun with Zombies Monsters Robots, but they are currently having server issues.

I had fun the little I did play of ArcheAge but once again... server issues.

There is Wurm Online, I love it but I don't know if I would recommend it or not.

I downloaded ZMR today, and I love it. Just with that the Kill everything mode was unlimited...