Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buzlok ( Feedback And Discussion )

Ethice

My entire issue is that you have to shoot an actual tracker bullet that will only focus on one spot instead of a scanner that will do multiple targets.

J2HgZyj.jpg This picture of me using the codec scanner can best describe what I want the scan system to be like for the Buzlok; Scanning multiple targets that will stay scanned till the duration of the scan runs out, new enemy(ies) scanned, or the scanned enemies are dead.

This is a really interesting suggestion.  I think the counterargument of it's utility being too easy in PVP still needs some kind of response, but it's very interesting.

I've forma'd the unit once and plan on bringing it up par with my 6x forma'd Gorgon and comparing.

I'd be interested in seeing a faster Tracer round, perhaps even with a light stun or knockback effect to the tracer in exchange for dumping 10 rounds and doing no damage.

I'd also be interested in a normal fire mode with the zoom.  That alone would make the gun go from an 8/10 to an 10/10 for me, being able to choose between firing a tracer round or firing in an aimed mode.  Alternately, if firing in scope mode increased the projectile speed and reduced the seeking agility for rounds fired that way, that would be a nice utility and make the gun feel more natural and exciting.

Offside, but if Scoped weapons gained a light scanner effect when modded with punch-through, that would go a LONG way to making guns with scopes more fun.

Edited by Rajko

I've forma'd the unit once and plan on bringing it up par with my 6x forma'd Gorgon and comparing.

I'd be interested in seeing a faster Tracer round, perhaps even with a light stun or knockback effect to the tracer in exchange for dumping 10 rounds and doing no damage.

I'd also be interested in a normal fire mode with the zoom.  That alone would make the gun go from an 8/10 to an 10/10 for me, being able to choose between firing a tracer round or firing in an aimed mode.  Alternately, if firing in scope mode increased the projectile speed and reduced the seeking agility for rounds fired that way, that would be a nice utility and make the gun feel more natural and exciting.

Offside, but if Scoped weapons gained a light scanner effect when modded with punch-through, that would go a LONG way to making guns with scopes more fun.

A stun would be counterproductive since the tracer is silent and therefore oriented for stealthing and being hit with something that causes you to stumble would definately make you suspicious.

I like the tracer how it is mechanically, but It's cost is rediculous considering once you get even half decent damage on it most things are dying in under 10 rounds thereformaking the tracer pointless on them. I think the tracer's cost needs to be greatly reduced to cost between 1 and 3 rounds per tracer otherwise It's not really worth using until you're fighting high level heavy units hich would possibly require more than 10 rounds to kill.

A stun would be counterproductive since the tracer is silent and therefore oriented for stealthing and being hit with something that causes you to stumble would definately make you suspicious.

I like the tracer how it is mechanically, but It's cost is rediculous considering once you get even half decent damage on it most things are dying in under 10 rounds thereformaking the tracer pointless on them. I think the tracer's cost needs to be greatly reduced to cost between 1 and 3 rounds per tracer otherwise It's not really worth using until you're fighting high level heavy units hich would possibly require more than 10 rounds to kill.

I hadn't really considered it as a stealth option, that's interesting.  To me it doesn't make since for the the tracer to be a silent not damaging slow travelling bullet when the weapon is an LMG style gun, and silencing the whole weapon makes sense with a mod rather than having the option to just pop a tracer on a target.  

It would make more sense if it was a laser designator instead.  

I think both of those mechanics are interesting, but I'd rather see the weapon cleaned up to give the player that choice via the mod.

Edited by Rajko

To improve the Buzlok, why not look to a weapon that uses a similar mechanic, but in a better way.

Resistance: Fall of Man had the Bullseye, which functioned much like the Buzlok (secondary fire was a tag, to which the primary fire would steer towards). Ignoring the details like rate of fire or damage, here's how the Bullseye was better:

1. Faster projectiles (especially important for the tag).

2a. By holding the secondary fire down, you could stick the tag to just about any surface (Buzlok does this now, but there's also no way to get it to not stick to a surface and pull all your bullets away from the enemy).

2b. Firing at a tag embedded on a surface causes the bullets to swirl around the tag, essentially creating a trap.

2c. Firing a tag with a trap set causes all of the bullets held by the trap to immediately travel to the new tag, causing massive damage.

3. Secondary fire had a limited and separate ammo pool, and didn't waste a ton of primary ammo.

4. Much better tracking.

Admittedly, the Bullseye was a relatively short-range weapon, and they appear to be going medium-long range with Buzlok, but looking to a more polished example couldn't hurt. It's hard for me to say how good it is per se, because mine isn't potatoed, and Warframe has exponential power increases, so mine is pathetic compared to what it could be.

Also, the reload speed is pretty ridiculous. It's supposed to be a fast-paced game, and being unable to do just about anything for 2-3 seconds is a major fun-killer.

I hadn't really considered it as a stealth option, that's interesting.  To me it doesn't make since for the the tracer to be a silent not damaging slow travelling bullet when the weapon is an LMG style gun, and silencing the whole weapon makes sense with a mod rather than having the option to just pop a tracer on a target.  

It would make more sense if it was a laser designator instead.  

I think both of those mechanics are interesting, but I'd rather see the weapon cleaned up to give the player that choice via the mod.

A laser designator could work if it operated with a tagging system and not a scan system. As in your line of the laser then hit the alternate fire key and it marks the target.

It's something between a LMG and a DMR I call it a LMDMR xD

To improve the Buzlok, why not look to a weapon that uses a similar mechanic, but in a better way.

Resistance: Fall of Man had the Bullseye, which functioned much like the Buzlok (secondary fire was a tag, to which the primary fire would steer towards). Ignoring the details like rate of fire or damage, here's how the Bullseye was better:

1. Faster projectiles (especially important for the tag).

2a. By holding the secondary fire down, you could stick the tag to just about any surface (Buzlok does this now, but there's also no way to get it to not stick to a surface and pull all your bullets away from the enemy).

2b. Firing at a tag embedded on a surface causes the bullets to swirl around the tag, essentially creating a trap.

2c. Firing a tag with a trap set causes all of the bullets held by the trap to immediately travel to the new tag, causing massive damage.

3. Secondary fire had a limited and separate ammo pool, and didn't waste a ton of primary ammo.

4. Much better tracking.

Admittedly, the Bullseye was a relatively short-range weapon, and they appear to be going medium-long range with Buzlok, but looking to a more polished example couldn't hurt. It's hard for me to say how good it is per se, because mine isn't potatoed, and Warframe has exponential power increases, so mine is pathetic compared to what it could be.

Also, the reload speed is pretty ridiculous. It's supposed to be a fast-paced game, and being unable to do just about anything for 2-3 seconds is a major fun-killer.

I agree the tracer being stuck where it is with no way to deactivate it and It's rediculous ammo costs are a problem, but I haven't found any issues with the reload speed really. I even maxed out my firing rate so I have to reload more often, but The large magazine and good damage means I'm not really stuck in a situation where I'm just standing there taking fire while reloading.