Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buzlok ( Feedback And Discussion )

Ethice

The first time I saw the Buzlok I was imediately reminded of the Gorgon and after using the weapon I now see that my first impression of the weapon extends past just looks. The Buzlok feels like an LMG with a scope slapped onto it. I would enjoy using the weapon a lot more if I could actually use the scope to fire normal rounds.

The tracer round shouldn't have projectile speed in my opinion. I think it would improve the functionality of the weapon if the tracer round was a hitscan instead since normal rounds following the tracer's placement are dependant on it.

I propose the tracer round stay set to zoom only, but only fire on holding the trigger similar to the way Lanka fires. This way normal clicking while zoomed would fire normal rounds in a more semi automatic function and thus the user could use the scope for more than just placing tracers, but could enjoy the weapon more as a DMR than a LMG.

Overall I think the Buzlok is a good weapon though it needs improvements.

Edited by Ethice

The tracer round should absolutely not become hitscan.

What you're asking for is a weapon that homes after one, easy to hit shot. Imagine the conclave nightmare - a weapon that if it hits you ONCE can home in on you. And that tracer round is hitscan. No thanks.

I propose the tracer round stay set to zoom only, but only fire on holding the trigger similar to the way Lanka fires. This way normal clicking while zoomed would fire normal rounds in a more semi automatic function and thus the user could use the scope for more than just placing tracers, but could enjoy the weapon more as a DMR than a LMG.

Smart suggestion ;)

Edited by 7grims

What you're asking for is a weapon that homes after one, easy to hit shot. Imagine the conclave nightmare - a weapon that if it hits you ONCE can home in on you. And that tracer round is hitscan. No thanks.

So you immediately rush to say no, just cause of PVP...

I'm sure PVP is not that important, nor as much played as PVE, and usually weapons haves tweaks of nerfs just for pvp.

I'm sure PVP is not that important, nor as much played as PVE, and usually weapons haves tweaks of nerfs just for pvp.

PvP is something this game supports and should be taken into consideration just like any other game mode. Stats can be adjusted separately for it though.

Anyways, a hitscan tracer would be a little too powerful even in PvE. The gun already fires homing rounds, at least make one part of it slightly hard to aim.

Edited by vaugahn

The way it is right now works pretty well, I myself enjoy the gun, Will I forma it? Nah Sybaris fill a better niche than it does.   Did I max it? Yeah, free mastery and maybe I'll go back and use it for weak point bosses.   Only drawback I see is having no aim function, though they could just have trigger press=tracer, holding it down=normal fire since it makes no sense to have to tap it to fire a full auto gun.   Though tracer rounds do kinda negate the need for aiming.

I see your point and never accounted for PvP as I do not PvP in Warframe xD A hitscan tracker in Conclave runs would be insanely over powered

This is a good point. The tracer round could be hitscan in PvE, but have projectile speed in PvP for balance

PvP is something this game supports and should be taken into consideration just like any other game mode. Stats can be adjusted separately for it though.

Anyways, a hitscan tracer would be a little too powerful even in PvE. The gun already fires homing rounds, at least make one part of it slightly hard to aim.

The normal rounds have projectile speed making you have to comphensate for lead unless you blow 10 rounds on a tracer which is pointless on a mook that dies in one shot

The way it is right now works pretty well, I myself enjoy the gun, Will I forma it? Nah Sybaris fill a better niche than it does.   Did I max it? Yeah, free mastery and maybe I'll go back and use it for weak point bosses.   Only drawback I see is having no aim function, though they could just have trigger press=tracer, holding it down=normal fire since it makes no sense to have to tap it to fire a full auto gun.   Though tracer rounds do kinda negate the need for aiming.

Tracers don't negate the need for aiming. Why would you waste 10 rounds to guaruntee a shot on a mook that only requires 1 round to kill? I still stick to the idea that zoomed fire should be more semi automatic giving the weapon a more DMR feel for those who prefer that. You can still enjoy the LMG aspect of the weapon since that side of it wouldn't change at all. You'd zoom to fire the tracer just like now then zoom out and go ham on the target. My suggestion just adds an element to give the weapon zoom fire.

Tracers don't negate the need for aiming. Why would you waste 10 rounds to guaruntee a shot on a mook that only requires 1 round to kill? I still stick to the idea that zoomed fire should be more semi automatic giving the weapon a more DMR feel for those who prefer that. You can still enjoy the LMG aspect of the weapon since that side of it wouldn't change at all. You'd zoom to fire the tracer just like now then zoom out and go ham on the target. My suggestion just adds an element to give the weapon zoom fire.

Depends on when you use the tracer round, I myself only use it when I see a heavy from far away and with weakpoint bosses.   If I'm surrounded by common dudes I use a secondary. kinda what they are for.

My entire issue is that you have to shoot an actual tracker bullet that will only focus on one spot instead of a scanner that will do multiple targets.

J2HgZyj.jpg This picture of me using the codec scanner can best describe what I want the scan system to be like for the Buzlok; Scanning multiple targets that will stay scanned till the duration of the scan runs out, new enemy(ies) scanned, or the scanned enemies are dead.

The zoom mostly sucks all the fun out of this gun for me; there is absolutely no need for it.  It could be a fun corridor-skirmishing weapon if the right button just launched the tracer. Maybe holding the RMB down to keep the tracer active would be a good way to control targets.

I like the way the devs stretch out with new ideas but their implementation nearly always falls short.  Whomever tested this gun should have dealt with this long before release.

Depends on when you use the tracer round, I myself only use it when I see a heavy from far away and with weakpoint bosses.   If I'm surrounded by common dudes I use a secondary. kinda what they are for.

I have a firing rate build on my Buz along with Shred so It's a great crowd clearing weapon as well. I use It's tracer rounds to tag heavy units and targets of interest so I can blindfire from cover

The zoom mostly sucks all the fun out of this gun for me; there is absolutely no need for it.  It could be a fun corridor-skirmishing weapon if the right button just launched the tracer. Maybe holding the RMB down to keep the tracer active would be a good way to control targets.

I like the way the devs stretch out with new ideas but their implementation nearly always falls short.  Whomever tested this gun should have dealt with this long before release.

I don't agree the zoom sucks all the fun out of the weapon, but I don't care for It's current limited function as I've pointed out in my post.

Its DEFINITELY not just another machine gun.

The homing seems... off at times. Maybe lag related, maybe the tracer shot penetrates and hits a wall? I dunno.

It can be a LOT of fun, or it can be INCREDIBLY frustrating. Often both in rapid succession.

One thing:

Is the main fire auto or semi-auto? The tracer is semi-auto.

OP you should've just posted in the pinned thread :/

The Buzlok seems cool though, a slight tweak is all it needs

Did you even read any of my responses? I agree the hitscan tracer would be OP. I agree it just needs a few tweaks. My main issue is just the underuse of the zoom function. Having to hipfire it for normal rounds just makes it feel like a LMG and for that I might as well had just built the Gorgon or used Gorgon Wraith.

Its DEFINITELY not just another machine gun.

The homing seems... off at times. Maybe lag related, maybe the tracer shot penetrates and hits a wall? I dunno.

It can be a LOT of fun, or it can be INCREDIBLY frustrating. Often both in rapid succession.

One thing:

Is the main fire auto or semi-auto? The tracer is semi-auto.

The main fire is automatic.

If Buzlok used a charge system to fire the tracking round, it would be perfect. I use the zoom function all the time on everything except shotguns.

What I would like to see is a fully automatic hip fire with semi-automatic scoped shots and a 1 second charge time for the tracking round. This way I can use it for precision shots while retaining the homing system and not making things too complex by adding more buttons to press.

If Buzlok used a charge system to fire the tracking round, it would be perfect. I use the zoom function all the time on everything except shotguns.

What I would like to see is a fully automatic hip fire with semi-automatic scoped shots and a 1 second charge time for the tracking round. This way I can use it for precision shots while retaining the homing system and not making things too complex by adding more buttons to press.

This sums up what I'de like to see with the Buzlok and my reasoning.

Finaly managed to build it, after having to wait for both research and building time.

So far. This weapon is unusual to say the least.

It's appearance looks like it incorperates elements from the Grakata and Gorgon school of Grineer weapon designs, which i think looks pretty good.

Based on it's appearance one would assume a sniper rifle, however it's actualy an LMG with a sniper rifle mixed in.

Did someone of the devs watched The Fifth Element while designing the gimick behind this gun? Because it really reminds me to the rifle with the "replay" function.

The mechanic is fun and it's nice to do some experimenting on how you can tag enemies and run behind cover to avoid things like Ancient grabling hooks or Napalm shots. Another nice application is to tag a point in the environment where enemies will run from and and provide supression fire to that point from a safe location.

But i fear it's somewhat lost in this game. We are constantly facing hordes of enemies, picking out single targets to use this function on is near pointless. Either someone else will have allready killed the target with a more powerfull weapon or spamming an ultimate, or there are 10 others who will keeping attacking you while you concentrate on that guy.

The damage of the gun itself is okay. It's certainly more precise than the gorgon allowing more focused spraying. However the projectiles are somewhat slow, making it unreliable on mid to long range.

The lockon dart mechanic also means you can't scope in to see what exactly you are aiming for when firing regularly without lockon, which i think is problematic.

Overall a fun weapon, with okay damage, but not much going for it.

I keep mine for the time being however.

Edited by Othergrunty