Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buzlok ( Feedback And Discussion )

Ethice

I dunno. My Bushka is Level 18 now and I don't seem to be having the same woes, despite using it vs Infested.

Recoil is a little bit of an issue when hipfired but it's manageable, and I think might actually give us all a reason to use Stabilizer. :p

As for not being able to aim down the sights and shoot - well, you can't really do that with a Dushka or a Ma Deuce anyway, so I can forgive the Bushka for that sin.

As for my less serious thoughts on the Buzlok (which is a freaking space baby Dushka), well:

*Spehss rahssian intensifies*

COMRADE! BUSHKA! IS BEST RIFLE! IS KARAK BIG BROTHER!

You say, cannot aim down sight? You say, boolet travel slow? Nyet, tovarisch! Bushka can tag target! Nyet need to aim, just fire and movement! Can shoot and move, avoid hit, stay alive! Boolet slow? Nyet problema! Shoot when target running at you, Comrade!

Bushka! Has great ammo count! Is best for large mob! Can kill anything at close range or long range! Homing round will fly to beacon! Tag beacon on head, full auto headshots!

Boolet damage is high impact! Can crush greedy milk from Corpus head, da! Also, high damage, can fit with elemental! Bushka can fight any enemy with right setup!

Some say, Bushka fire slow, no good. I say, Buskha fire like MANLY! MASHEEEN! GAN! Is sound of badass. Slow rate of fire so no waste boolet! Of course, no such thing as wasted boolet! Boolet made to be shot, da? Da! Boolet cry when you no shoot him, comrade! Shoot boolet to make boolet happy! (Boolet even happier if he hit, of course. XP )

OK, so the keybinds have the ability to separate alt fire and zoom onto different keys, but the alt fire bind literally does not do anything.

I think it is time for that bind to do something. The Buzlok is awesome and if it could zoom-fire, it'd be exactly what it needs to be.

Exactly. It's a fun weapon, but it gets a bit taxing having to zoom then unzoom and hope your mouse dousn't twitch slightly to the side making you miss your hipfired shots. An alternate keybind for the alterfire or a charge up tracer round allowing the weapon to fired while zoomed would be a huge step toward making this weapon whole.

As for my less serious thoughts on the Buzlok (which is a freaking space baby Dushka), well:

*Spehss rahssian intensifies*

COMRADE! BUSHKA! IS BEST RIFLE! IS KARAK BIG BROTHER!

You say, cannot aim down sight? You say, boolet travel slow? Nyet, tovarisch! Bushka can tag target! Nyet need to aim, just fire and movement! Can shoot and move, avoid hit, stay alive! Boolet slow? Nyet problema! Shoot when target running at you, Comrade!

Bushka! Has great ammo count! Is best for large mob! Can kill anything at close range or long range! Homing round will fly to beacon! Tag beacon on head, full auto headshots!

Boolet damage is high impact! Can crush greedy milk from Corpus head, da! Also, high damage, can fit with elemental! Bushka can fight any enemy with right setup!

Some say, Bushka fire slow, no good. I say, Buskha fire like MANLY! MASHEEEN! GAN! Is sound of badass. Slow rate of fire so no waste boolet! Of course, no such thing as wasted boolet! Boolet made to be shot, da? Da! Boolet cry when you no shoot him, comrade! Shoot boolet to make boolet happy! (Boolet even happier if he hit, of course. XP )

The only issue I have is the underuse of the zoom function. I forma'd the Buzlok three times and hope the Devs will at least fix the alt fire / zoom hotkey setup since seperating those two would fix my only major issue with the Buzlok.

The firing rate is excellent. I threw on a max Shred and Speed Trigger capping my FR at 11.9 RPS

After having recapped the Buzlok four times I've gotten used to quickscoping key targets, but I still need to improve my on the fly aim. I find the weapon excells best at closer ranges and I hope they improve it along the lines of giving it a useable zoom function so it can also perform excellently at further ranges.

This weapon NEEDS its hit-scan + better accuracy. You can't even shoot moving target with it.. making it USELESS. There are Potentials in this guy if DE change tracker traveling time to hit-scan, and increase accuracy because this sniper has the LOWEST accuracy when you slap a heavy cal on it compare to other sniper.... Must change..

Edited by -----.__.G.O.D.__.-----

Buzlok is deeply frustrating to me.

I want to love this thing.  I want to love it so much.  The sound of its firing...The high damage..The slow, meaty machine gun rate of fire as you chew through enemies... The comfortable magazine:reload:rate of fire relationships...    Buzlok is the medium machine gun that I have wanted for months! 

Except it's not, all because of the clumsy, inefficient, worse-than-useless secondary firing mode.  Buzlok would replace the Gorgon Wraith as my favorite machine gun and receive lavish forma investment if I could just AIM the thing.  Losing the scope makes it hard to hit anything past short range thanks to the weapon's recoil and slow moving bolts, and it's replaced by a feature that feels halfbaked and is almost NEVER worth it. The only time that the homing beacon mechanic might occasionally be useful is to kill bosses that don't have specific weak points, like Raptor, safely from behind cover. The rest of the time.... No. Just no.

Forget all the weird ideas about adding even more controls to the keyboard.  Forget the weird ideas about having automatic-then-charged-shot to shoot the homing beacon.  This thing is easy to fix:

While aiming down the sight, bolts go where you tell them to go in a dumbfire manner without any guidance at all.  Each "sighted" bolt that strikes an enemy adds (or increases the radius of) a Bullet Attractor-like effect that only affects shots fired while not aiming down the sight.  So if you actually want to utilize the homing effect, you scope in, nail a target a few times to build up the attractor bubble, then scope out and start spraying. Any bolt that comes "close enough" to the bubbled target will count as a hit.

Please?  :-\

I want to love this thing.  I want to love it so much.  The sound of its firing...The high damage..The slow, meaty machine gun rate of fire as you chew through enemies... The comfortable magazine:reload:rate of fire relationships...    Buzlok is the medium machine gun that I have wanted for months! 

You have my sympathy. Buzlok is my perfect weapon too, but it's hindered by so much with that alt-fire it takes oo much away from it. 

I thought the alt fires were supposed to be unique advantages, not hindrances. -sets the Buzlok beside the Tigris- I'm sorry my friends. 

The Buzlok essentially is a light MG (or Squad Automatic Weapon) that fires tiny rockets that can home in on a short-lived marker round. Getting that out of the way...

1. I feel the marker round shouldn't cost ammo at all. In turn, I'd have it do no damage and have it count as a hit-scan projectile.

2. For an LMG /  SAW, the rate of fire is rather underwhelming. I'd up it to at least 8.3 to allow for better suppressing capabilities. Shred / Speed Trigger are essential mods for this gun at the moment.

Some say that the reload time is a bit too long. For a 75 round clip thought, that's pretty decent, especially compared to the Gorgon's near 5 second reload.

Except it's not, all because of the clumsy, inefficient, worse-than-useless secondary firing mode.  Buzlok would replace the Gorgon Wraith as my favorite machine gun and receive lavish forma investment if I could just AIM the thing.  Losing the scope makes it hard to hit anything past short range thanks to the weapon's recoil and slow moving bolts, and it's replaced by a feature that feels halfbaked and is almost NEVER worth it. The only time that the homing beacon mechanic might occasionally be useful is to kill bosses that don't have specific weak points, like Raptor, safely from behind cover. The rest of the time.... No. Just no.

Forget all the weird ideas about adding even more controls to the keyboard.  Forget the weird ideas about having automatic-then-charged-shot to shoot the homing beacon.  This thing is easy to fix:

While aiming down the sight, bolts go where you tell them to go in a dumbfire manner without any guidance at all.  Each "sighted" bolt that strikes an enemy adds (or increases the radius of) a Bullet Attractor-like effect that only affects shots fired while not aiming down the sight.  So if you actually want to utilize the homing effect, you scope in, nail a target a few times to build up the attractor bubble, then scope out and start spraying. Any bolt that comes "close enough" to the bubbled target will count as a hit.

I'm not sure what you're refering to about "adding more keys to the keyboard." as we only gone over the need to actually make the, already existing, alt fire hotkey function as it should

The bullet attractor ( Halo Needler ) idea I like though that mechanic seems like it would require a lot of coding while simply fixing the hotkeys to work correctly with weapons like Buzlok, Quanta and Mutalist Quanta is just a fix.

I have no issue with the firing rate at all. I threw three total forma on my Buz to complete It's build and threw on a max Shred and Speed Trigger which made It's firing rate fast enough for me. This is coming from a player who's favorite secondaries are Twin Vipers.

I agree that the reload speed is fine given the size of the magazine.

You have my sympathy. Buzlok is my perfect weapon too, but it's hindered by so much with that alt-fire it takes oo much away from it. 

I thought the alt fires were supposed to be unique advantages, not hindrances. -sets the Buzlok beside the Tigris- I'm sorry my friends. 

Exactly. The alternate firing capabilities of weapons like Buzlok and Quanta should be unique boons for the weapon which Quanta's is, but as this thread repeats; Buzlok's is not xD

Buzlok is the weapon I've been waiting for since Snipetron aesthetically and It's other features were just icing on the cake, but the mechanic as it stands is rather underwealming, sadly. I only find it useful for ranging down heavy units, but there's no point in expending 10 rounds for a tracer on a mook that takes 1 round to kill so ranging down anything besides heavy units requires plain hipfiring and is frustrating at times.

I'm not sure what you're refering to about "adding more keys to the keyboard." as we only gone over the need to actually make the, already existing, alt fire hotkey function as it should

The bullet attractor ( Halo Needler ) idea I like though that mechanic seems like it would require a lot of coding while simply fixing the hotkeys to work correctly with weapons like Buzlok, Quanta and Mutalist Quanta is just a fix.

The Buzlok essentially is a light MG (or Squad Automatic Weapon) that fires tiny rockets that can home in on a short-lived marker round. Getting that out of the way...

1. I feel the marker round shouldn't cost ammo at all. In turn, I'd have it do no damage and have it count as a hit-scan projectile.

2. For an LMG /  SAW, the rate of fire is rather underwhelming. I'd up it to at least 8.3 to allow for better suppressing capabilities. Shred / Speed Trigger are essential mods for this gun at the moment.

Some say that the reload time is a bit too long. For a 75 round clip thought, that's pretty decent, especially compared to the Gorgon's near 5 second reload.

I don't think the tracer rounds should cost nothing, but 10 rounds per tracer isn't worth using on most targets.

I have no issue with the firing rate at all. I threw three forma on my Buz to complete It's build and threw on a max Shred and Speed Trigger which made It's firing rate fast enough for me. This is coming from a player who's favorite secondaries are Twin Vipers.

I agree that the reload speed is fine given the size of the magazine.

This weapon NEEDS its hit-scan + better accuracy. You can't even shoot moving target with it.. making it USELESS. There are Potentials in this guy if DE change tracker traveling time to hit-scan, and increase accuracy because this sniper has the LOWEST accuracy when you slap a heavy cal on it compare to other sniper.... Must change..

It's arguably a "Sniper Rifle" and I think that It's aesthetics are misleading in that sense. It functions more like a LMG, similar to the Gorgon, but has a nice scope that's is underused as is. I've been able to track targets fine once I got used to the weapon. Grant it I reranked four times xD

I'de hardly call the weapon useless, but it does need work.

The most imediate fix I can see for weapons like Buzlok in general is to just make the alt fire hotkey and zoom hotkey functional on the weapons they apply to ( Turns out Quanta can't zoom at all )

Back on topic, make the scope view colour change with energy, instead of being stuck with a garish orange that's often difficult to see.

I actually don't care for that idea since that would force you to have a bright, contrasting, energy color on the weapon just to see the scope recticle. They could probably make the recticle easier to see by simply decreasing the opacity, making it more opaque.

Edited by Ethice

I have no issue with the firing rate at all. I threw three forma on my Buz to complete It's build and threw on a max Shred and Speed Trigger which made It's firing rate fast enough for me. This is coming from a player who's favorite secondaries are Twin Vipers.

The point is that it needed 3 Forma and two ROF mods to allow you to get it to an acceptable rate of fire. Maxed Shred alone only gets it up to 8.1 - which is an average rate of fire for most unmodded fully-automatic primaries. That said, I really feel that the Buzlok could benefit from an ROF buff to at least 8.

Offtopic: My second favourite secondaries would be my Twin Wraith Vipers :)

The point is that it needed 3 Forma and two ROF mods to allow you to get it to an acceptable rate of fire. Maxed Shred alone only gets it up to 8.1 - which is an average rate of fire for most unmodded fully-automatic primaries. That said, I really feel that the Buzlok could benefit from an ROF buff to at least 8.

Eh. Rate of fire and base damage are linked to create the base DPS.  Buzlok's high damage per round with a low rate of fire makes it very ammo efficient while its base DPS is above average for an automatic at 283.  Pushing the base ROF to 8 brings base DPS to 360, which is competing with the Gorgon Wraith, a weapon which pays for its high damage output by being twice as ammo-hungry and needing twice the reloading.

I think it's in a good, efficient, unique place where it is (as far as damage/ROF).  Not every weapon needs to be the Boltor Prime.

I'm not even looking for another Boltor Prime. I just feel the Buzlok feels a bit slow in comparison to other automatic weapons of similar calibre. I wouldn't even mind if it took a slight nerf to base damage as a fair trade-off for a slightly higher rate of fire.

Interesting you mentioned the Gorgon Wraith - it's one of my favorite heavy weapons. I always felt the Gorgons were hit badly by Damage 2.0...and now we have a Grineer lmg of sorts that does 45 Physical damage per round - compared to the 23 and 27 damage per round done by the Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith respectively. Boost those numbers a bit and you'd have a more efficient and competitive weapon.

My feedback aftering trying out Buzlok is that if this weapon is made to hit target that is hard to hit.... then the tacer totally ruins it.... If the target is hard to hit then it is equal hard to hit the target with the tracer round, let it be in the room and that target is among many enemies.

It would be good if the target lock on could be like the scanner or something, just my suggestion but like some bros here said when coming to pvp this rifle could be deadly.

My feedback aftering trying out Buzlok is that if this weapon is made to hit target that is hard to hit.... then the tacer totally ruins it.... If the target is hard to hit then it is equal hard to hit the target with the tracer round, let it be in the room and that target is among many enemies.

It would be good if the target lock on could be like the scanner or something, just my suggestion but like some bros here said when coming to pvp this rifle could be deadly.

I find that in most situations when I needed to actually tag a target with a tracer I could manage to do it, but your argument is sound in some cases. If the room is cluttered though you shouldn't necessarily be trying to peg a single target anyway. At least not before clearing out all the squishier targets first. Once you get used to the lead of the tracer it isn't so bad to land hits with it, but It's projectile speed could stand to be a little faster than the normal rounds even if It's not a hitscan which would be OP in PvP.

A scanner ould present similar issues since it would still require line of sight and probably a scantime like the Codex Scanner is now. I think a scanner would be worse unless it had a rediculously fast scan time since you would have to track the target in real time and scan it rather than just leading it and shooting a tracer.

Offtopic: My second favourite secondaries would be my Twin Wraith Vipers :)

I had to comphensate for a lot on Buzlok.

My build is:

- Serration C13 :V: ( C6 )

- Split Chamber C15 :V: ( C7 )

- Shred C11 :V: ( C5 )

- Speed Trigger C9

- Rime Rounds C7

- Thermite Rounds C7

- Fast Hands C7

- Stabalizer C9

I find that in most situations when I needed to actually tag a target with a tracer I could manage to do it, but your argument is sound in some cases. If the room is cluttered though you shouldn't necessarily be trying to peg a single target anyway. At least not before clearing out all the squishier targets first. Once you get used to the lead of the tracer it isn't so bad to land hits with it, but It's projectile speed could stand to be a little faster than the normal rounds even if It's not a hitscan which would be OP in PvP.

A scanner ould present similar issues since it would still require line of sight and probably a scantime like the Codex Scanner is now. I think a scanner would be worse unless it had a rediculously fast scan time since you would have to track the target in real time and scan it rather than just leading it and shooting a tracer.

yeah, i guess so. Well practice makes perfect.... shall train more with the Buzlok while forma~ing it.

The point is you take PvP and PvE as the same gamemode. Why not have a special set for some weapons in PvP: Buzlock normaly would have hitscan marker but in PvP it would become a projectile. Same is with warframes: energy regen aura doesnt work coz it would be too OP. Stop nerfing weapons and frames in PvE just because they are OP in PVP. The point of Warframe is to have fun with OP weapons. If you nerf something it does not concer AI, AI doesnt care how fast you kill them. Nerfs for PvP should stay in PvP only, that all it is to it.

The point is you take PvP and PvE as the same gamemode. Why not have a special set for some weapons in PvP: Buzlock normaly would have hitscan marker but in PvP it would become a projectile. Same is with warframes: energy regen aura doesnt work coz it would be too OP. Stop nerfing weapons and frames in PvE just because they are OP in PVP. The point of Warframe is to have fun with OP weapons. If you nerf something it does not concer AI, AI doesnt care how fast you kill them. Nerfs for PvP should stay in PvP only, that all it is to it.

Fair point, but the more i use Buz the more the projectile speed of the tracer seems less than an issue. I solo'd G3 today with it and the only problem I was having was with surviving their attacks xD I pegged two of them in the head with the tracer then unloaded rounds until they poofed.

At the moment my only issue with the weapon is still the lack of alt fire being seperate from zoom and that's something I hope they're working on in general as weapons like Buz all suffer from this issue.

Edited by Ethice

From what I experienced from this weapon i can say this much:

DE:

1) Please find a way for us to use the scope for normal automatic fire to maximize weapon effectiveness. Hipfire with this projectile weapon is a bit frustrating and cumbersome from medium to long range.

2) Please allow us to change the scope color because its hard to see where the center is pointing sometimes.

3) Please put a zero damage indicator (a blue zero marker dmg) on the tracer to indicate that we hit the target we want to hit because at long range its hard to tell if the target got actually hit by the tracer.

4) Tracing rounds are useless if enemy is behind cover (which they do a lot), or if there are obstacles blocking bullet path (they just hit the obstacle again and again until you re-position), a punch through might be nice when you have currently tagged someone. 

5) Tracer AI is a bit problematic because sometimes they don't work and you have to point the entire gun towards the enemy or angle it slightly, if you angle the gun between 80-110 degrees it causes the bullets to fly a large arc and hit walls.

6) When tagged target is running perpendicular to you with enough speed the bullets miss.

7) Allow us to turn-off tracer rounds because if you have someone currently tagged and suddenly became in immediate danger you can't switch to other targets via hipfire, you need to tag your current attacker and if attacker is too close  like a melee unit its hard to tag them through the scope and if you try to fire at them via hipfire the bullets follow the tracer missing your attacker.

8) Mirage using HoM will produce 5 tracer rounds in a giant spread which belong to each of the clones and their respective Buzlok bullets will follow, can she fire only one tracer to concentrate fire upon a single target? Because its hard to tell if its your tracer that hit the target or one of the clones.

9)This is a great gun but it requires a bit of tweaking to make it awesome.

Thank you DE for bringing us another nice weapon to add to our collection.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

From what I experienced from this weapon i can say this much:

DE:

1) Please find a way for us to use the scope for normal automatic fire to maximize weapon effectiveness. Hipfire with this projectile weapon is a bit frustrating and cumbersome from medium to long range.

2) Please allow us to change the scope color because its hard to see where the center is pointing sometimes.

3) Please put a zero damage indicator (a blue zero marker dmg) on the tracer to indicate that we hit the target we want to hit because at long range its hard to tell if the target got actually hit by the tracer.

4) Tracing rounds are useless if enemy is behind cover (which they do a lot), or if there are obstacles blocking bullet path (they just hit the obstacle again and again until you re-position), a punch through might be nice when you have currently tagged someone. 

5) Tracer AI is a bit problematic because sometimes they don't work and you have to point the entire gun towards the enemy or angle it slightly, if you angle the gun between 80-110 degrees it causes the bullets to fly a large arc and hit walls.

6) When tagged target is running perpendicular to you with enough speed the bullets miss.

7) Allow us to turn-off tracer rounds because if you have someone currently tagged and suddenly became in immediate danger you can't switch to other targets via hipfire, you need to tag your current attacker and if attacker is too close  like a melee unit its hard to tag them through the scope and if you try to fire at them via hipfire the bullets follow the tracer missing your attacker.

8) Mirage using HoM will produce 5 tracer rounds in a giant spread which belong to each of the clones and their respective Buzlok bullets will follow, can she fire only one tracer to concentrate fire upon a single target? Because its hard to tell if its your tracer that hit the target or one of the clones.

9)This is a great gun but it requires a bit of tweaking to make it awesome.

Thank you DE for bringing us another nice weapon to add to our collection.

>1. This problem is solved if they simply fixed the discrepency with the Secondary Fire and Aim Fire hotkeys not being correctly applied to weapons like Buzlok and Quanta.

>2. If they did do this the scope opacity should be less making the graphic generall more visible and allowing players like myself to continue to enjoy our dark energy color on Buzlok. ( Not everyone wants to shoot shiny ribbons from the gun. )

>4. Many weapons have a lack of enate punch through and I have not found this to be an issue at all ith Buzlok.

>5. I don't see why this is a problem as I've not encountered any situation yet where the turn radius of the rounds was an issue I couldn't adapt to by minor repositioning and or adjusting my aim.

>6. All you need to do is adjust your aim so the bullet path changes to comphensate for the movement vector of the target.

>7. A kill switch on the tracer would be nice as the only way currently to "deactivate" the tracer is to tag a target then kill it. That being said If something is that close to you you can just melee it or switch to your secondaries and if It's something that you can't hand with your melee or secondary weapon then you should move.

>9. Buzlok has a lot of potential to excell as a weapon and requires tweaking to reach It's potential.