Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive Weapons.

naappalmi

Coming from TF2 I would love to see a grenade launcher or rocket launcher of sorts implimented at some point.
I'm not really sure how well it would fit in the game but I would love to see them added.
These weapons in my oppinion should inflict a lot of damage to the player if caught in the blast radius.
Medium range weapon that will almost kill you if used to an enemy close to you but is still a good idea for atleast one or two players to use per squad.
Share your thoughts and discuss away.

Quite a mob killer, but can ruin gameplay though. I for one say yes to "Explosive ammunition module." Bonus for Paris as it becomes explosive arrow.

Adding rocket launcher can make the game easier, then people complain about being too easy. Those who aren't using rocket launcher will complain the game is too hard when the devs up the difficulty.

It is a game breaker unless they give you super low ammunition and some friendly screen shake.

Edited by Makemap

Quite a mob killer, but can ruin gameplay though. I for one say yes to "Explosive ammunition module." Bonus for Paris as it becomes explosive arrow.

Adding rocket launcher can make the game easier, then people complain about being too easy. Those who aren't using rocket launcher will complain the game is too hard when the devs up the difficulty.

It is a game breaker unless they give you super low ammunition and some friendly screen shake.

Rocket/grenade launchers could be balanced out by projectile speed, projectile drop (or in the case of a grenade launcher, bouncing and fuse time) low magazine capacity, low max ammo, movement speed penalties, small ammo drops etc. etc.  It wouldn't be hard to balance out vs other weapons.

Edited by Aggh

Well... rocket launchers don't feel like they will fit well with original intentions, but throwable grenades...

I think ninja were known to equip both small gunpowder filled pots and flash bombs, sort of like primitive grenades and flashbangs, respectively. Maybe the ninja of the future could do something similar.

It could also open up rocket-jumping which would be very cool. As to the downsides mentioned so far, it's true that RL's are very strong but there are very big disadvantages to go along with the advantages - you have to remember that - just look to the other games for that fact. They're not an "iwin" button, if they were then everyone would always play soldier in TF2. They traditionally have a very small clip, slow reload and it's easy to kill yourself from the splash damage, and they make you run slower. I could see something similar working in Warframe though, why not? We already have most other weapon archetypes.

Would also like to see pipe-bombs for some trap laying action (hilarity ensues!) along with different grenade loadouts (flash/sticky/smoke/etc) and maybe even something similar to a grapple-hook that can grab onto distant surfaces and pull you to them - a logical extension of the current ziplines. Heck the animations are already there, a grapple attachment is a no-brainer!

Would also like to see pipe-bombs for some trap laying action (hilarity ensues!)

Any sort of trap mechanism bombs would propably be a bad idea in my opinion.

The hardest wave is about to come and there's a LOT of extra pipebomb ammo laying around.

People will start to mass produce pipebombs in to the ground and the wave will kill itself.

No ammo replenish?

They will be saved and only used on last waves or bosses and remain too situatioinal.

Only reasonable way to give pipebombs dropping ammo would be to make it a main weapon and that would propably lock you down to a role that wouldn't be fun or gamebreaking.

It could also open up rocket-jumping which would be very cool.

This wouldn't be a good idea either even if I would absolutely love it.

The jumping wouldn't be as fluid as it is in TF2 and the other reason this game not being TF2 :)

Rocket jumping future ninjas who do air assassinations.

The developers would propably have to fix the damage of the explosive weapons atleast once or twice before hitting a good balance between shotguns and sniper rifles.

People will and always will complain when their favourite overpowered weapon gets balanced or made underpowered.

Such is the way of life.

And yes, these weapons deffinetly deserve screen shaking!

Bonus for Paris as it becomes explosive arrow.

So much yes!

Who needs stealth when you can go rambo on their asses!

Well... rocket launchers don't feel like they will fit well with original intentions, but throwable grenades...

I think ninja were known to equip both small gunpowder filled pots and flash bombs, sort of like primitive grenades and flashbangs, respectively. Maybe the ninja of the future could do something similar.

This was clearly left out at the development process and will propably only be added as a secondary weapon and I wouldn't sacrifice my dear Lex to get a few grenades.

Because I already would sacrifice my main weapon for a grenade launcher, that's why!

Edited by naappalmi

Rocket jumping... no offence, but are you serious?

Ninja don't rocket jump... that's just absurd beyond words...

Were just throwing ideas around, it will never happen.

Even if there would be rocketjumping it would be very minimal because of the game engine.

Rocket jumping ninjas.

Absurd? yes.

Cool? yes.

How about bunnyhopping ninjas then? :D

Anyways, I didn't mean this topic to derail into implementing rocketjumping to warframe.

The Grenade launcher should propably have a magazine of like 4-6 grenades and long reload time for sure but reloading should be made so that it reloads 1 grenade per second in the magazine.

So reloading an empty magazine to full would last up to 6 seconds but could be interrupted half way if you wanted to.

Kinda odd that the game doesn't have a single weapon yet that has this reloading mechanism.