Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know My Ammos Full I Want To Know What Else I've Picked Up

NarcolepsyNoise

Don't sit on the poop. Open locker, move, swipe in and move again, there ya go rubedo and credits :) (sorry you wanted alloy plate instead?) :))))

This does not solve in the middle of combat, kill 2 or 3 stuff goes flying everywhere.

You're team mates can also collect Credits & spam you with that either way.

As a way to 'fix' this problem, perhaps add a mod called 'ammo salvage' for long guns that lets you pick up any long gun ammo and turn it into the ammo for your specific gun, at a reduced rate. For example if the mod was maxed out at 25%, picking up a sniper rifle ammo when you have a shotgun equipped will give you 1/4 of a shotgun ammo pickup.

Edited by securitywyrm

This is very true.  Two things I want to know that I pick up; Mod and Resource.  The mod notification is done nicely, why not do something similar with resources?  My friends and I find ourselves  dodging lockers and crates as they throw out their goodies to nit pick the resource out of it so we can see what we get, without the constant xxx ammo full resetting the ticker every time you take a step over it. 

I believe the best way would be to have your character ignore ammo you don't use.  Just have it show the colored line as it shows after you pick it up but your teamate hasn't so you can still tell your teamates their ammo is over here, but it doesn't spam your pickup notification.  I also believe resource pickups should be seperate, maybe similar to mods but not so large. 

Great suggestion to improve on a sometimes frustrating system. Would help a lot when I'm helping friends farm specific mats. "Oh this is ferrite, not alloy plates. Don't bother". Rather than " uhh.. Stupid thing won't stop telling me about ammo..... Not sure which resource this is so come back over here" (especially when your he fast frame w rush/stam, hitting the off-path rooms.)

As a way to 'fix' this problem, perhaps add a mod called 'ammo salvage' for long guns that lets you pick up any long gun ammo and turn it into the ammo for your specific gun, at a reduced rate. For example if the mod was maxed out at 25%, picking up a sniper rifle ammo when you have a shotgun equipped will give you 1/4 of a shotgun ammo pickup.

This seems way more complicated as to just change the interface a little.

This is very true.  Two things I want to know that I pick up; Mod and Resource.  The mod notification is done nicely, why not do something similar with resources?  My friends and I find ourselves  dodging lockers and crates as they throw out their goodies to nit pick the resource out of it so we can see what we get, without the constant xxx ammo full resetting the ticker every time you take a step over it. 

I believe the best way would be to have your character ignore ammo you don't use.  Just have it show the colored line as it shows after you pick it up but your teamate hasn't so you can still tell your teamates their ammo is over here, but it doesn't spam your pickup notification.  I also believe resource pickups should be seperate, maybe similar to mods but not so large. 

Yes, I also believe they shouldn't tell you "Sniper" or  "shotgun" ammo if you're using a riffle

What if ammo didn't show up in the text prompt at all? Instead,  semi-subtly flash the ammo counter whenever you pick up ammo. It can flash white(and maybe show a little + sign) whenever you pick up ammo, or red whenever you're full and run over an ammo package. I don't really care to know I picked up exactly 14 rounds of ammo, just knowing I have more bullets is enough.

Crafting supplies can show up in the middle of the screen, on a scrolling/fading list. Have credits appear just below this ticker, on its own line, and just accumulate instead of telling you about each individual pickup. You grab 13 credits, so it displays that you grabbed +13 credits. You grab 20 more before it fades way so it tells you that you grabbed +33 credits. After about 5 seconds it fades away and resets the counter.

• 2 months later...

Glad I searched before starting a thread.  But this topic has been around since April and the problem is still there...

I like both the fading list view and ignore full ammo/health/energy ideas, that way I can see the items I just picked up all at once, and I can just deduce that my ammo, health and/or energy are full by looking at the numbers on my HUD, or by the drops not picking up when I walk over them.

What if ammo didn't show up in the text prompt at all? Instead,  semi-subtly flash the ammo counter whenever you pick up ammo. It can flash white(and maybe show a little + sign) whenever you pick up ammo, or red whenever you're full and run over an ammo package. I don't really care to know I picked up exactly 14 rounds of ammo, just knowing I have more bullets is enough.

Crafting supplies can show up in the middle of the screen, on a scrolling/fading list. Have credits appear just below this ticker, on its own line, and just accumulate instead of telling you about each individual pickup. You grab 13 credits, so it displays that you grabbed +13 credits. You grab 20 more before it fades way so it tells you that you grabbed +33 credits. After about 5 seconds it fades away and resets the counter.

I like this one....