Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

La Silva & Aegis, Seems To Have No Shield

SonicWolf

I'm sorry if you find errors, this was translated by google translate.

I've been noticing some of the S & A (Silva & Aegis) while I use it, and you really do not usually use the shield you have. Let me explain.

1 By covering: Obviously you use to cover the shield, but this is to spend more stamina than other weapons, usually when one is covered with a gun and bullets scares, animation usually move circularly, while you hold the shield only, then would spend more energy would not move the gun to block instead of just holding ?. In this part I'm not 100% sure because if a shield is usually heavier than swords or daggers I usually use, but unless you move the body to block with a shield.

2. attack: attacking, unused combo, you just use the sword to strike the enemy, I do not complain much. But when performing combos, do not use the shield as such, one can use it to knock enemies like leaves several times in the movie 300 (I'm not looking for us to be Spartan, just give you an example of other tools you have), and in their combos you use it to throw boomerang, like a dagger and short people. Just one, we use it as an attack there is very noticeable if you do, but can be easily replaced with a dagger or other swords, and making the same movement, the same effect arises. Even to perform a "counter" you use the sword instead of hitting the shield, which is closer.

I think this can be improved, including an option that you can hit the enemy with the shield either:

1 Adding a loaded button, leave "E" tight, hitting the enemy front and also making a knock or recoil.

2. Combo, either at the stage of combo or replace a sword thrust through the shield, it can also produce recoil.

So I think what you're saying is: "The shield is not used enough" on the Silva & Aegis.  I haven't used it much, but I didn't notice a whole lot from it.

I think it would have been cool if it had actually had some kind of defense boost as well, like bullets that hit the shield do reduced damage to you.

I'm sorry if you find errors, this was translated by google translate.

I've been noticing some of the S & A (Silva & Aegis) while I use it, and you really do not usually use the shield you have. Let me explain.

1 By covering: Obviously you use to cover the shield, but this is to spend more stamina than other weapons, usually when one is covered with a gun and bullets scares, animation usually move circularly, while you hold the shield only, then would spend more energy would not move the gun to block instead of just holding ?. In this part I'm not 100% sure because if a shield is usually heavier than swords or daggers I usually use, but unless you move the body to block with a shield.

2. attack: attacking, unused combo, you just use the sword to strike the enemy, I do not complain much. But when performing combos, do not use the shield as such, one can use it to knock enemies like leaves several times in the movie 300 (I'm not looking for us to be Spartan, just give you an example of other tools you have), and in their combos you use it to throw boomerang, like a dagger and short people. Just one, we use it as an attack there is very noticeable if you do, but can be easily replaced with a dagger or other swords, and making the same movement, the same effect arises. Even to perform a "counter" you use the sword instead of hitting the shield, which is closer.

I think this can be improved, including an option that you can hit the enemy with the shield either:

1 Adding a loaded button, leave "E" tight, hitting the enemy front and also making a knock or recoil.

2. Combo, either at the stage of combo or replace a sword thrust through the shield, it can also produce recoil.

Agreed. Really Silva and Aegis needs to be retooled in almost every way. I was very depressed when I finally got my hands on mine and started using it. It was the one weapon I was looking forward to, but it's just not what I was hoping for.

I was really looking forward to awesome shield slams and stuff, but only one of the combos actually uses the shield like that. I've built mine with blast and max status so I can use the awesome finishing move (You use the shield edge to cut them in half :D)

I also think the sword is a little short. I get that they're looking for a short sword or gladius, but the way the flames trail off makes it look more like a dagger.

I was really looking forward to awesome shield slams and stuff, but only one of the combos actually uses the shield like that. I've built mine with blast and max status so I can use the awesome finishing move (You use the shield edge to cut them in half :D)

I also think the sword is a little short. I get that they're looking for a short sword or gladius, but the way the flames trail off makes it look more like a dagger.

I think the sword is fine, because, watching from a more realistic point, in Rome were so, the shield has a medium sized sword also, then, say, weight or scope is balanced. If the sword is longer, then shield should be smaller to balance the difference, but of course as I mentioned I think they should put more use to the shield, but to be honest if I would like a few more feet to the sword XD

I won't comment on the attacks and combos in Eleventh Storm overmuch as I haven't played with it too much, but I definitely agree that the shield needs to have much better blocking capabilities than other weapons, I mean it's literally the first function of a shield. On that note blocking should be made much more useful across the board imo.

I won't comment on the attacks and combos in Eleventh Storm overmuch as I haven't played with it too much, but I definitely agree that the shield needs to have much better blocking capabilities than other weapons, I mean it's literally the first function of a shield. On that note blocking should be made much more useful across the board imo.

It should really have some level of automatic blocking while wielding it.  For crazy space ninjas that can cut bullets out of the air with a sword their bare hands, you'd think using a shield would be effortless.

It should really have some level of automatic blocking while wielding it.  For crazy space ninjas that can cut bullets out of the air with a sword their bare hands, you'd think using a shield would be effortless.

You're right,maybe, you should have an option that if they touch the shield, covering or not, this repels the attack a bit.

Thanks all for commenting :)

Honestly the Silva Aegis is a defensive weapon that behaves like any of the other weapons in Warframe, which is offense over defense. And because it's toted as a 'defensive' kind of weapon, it has really mediocre attack stats. They need to break the rules a bit with this weapon if they really want it to stand out and be unique.

For one, the shield should get its own hitbox when equipped, anything that hits it will damage the shield instead of the Tenno, using the blocking function will increase the hitbox and pretty much redirect all frontal damage to the shield. Most importantly, the shield needs to not use stamina for blocking, right now it chunks your stamina down no matter what mods you have and defeats the purpose of it having a shield.

Instead, it should get its own shield bar, exactly like the one on our Warframes, that simply absorbs damage when hit and recharges over time. If the shield's shield (hehe) is broken then it won't drop the block, but will begin to use stamina for blocking until the shield recharges, and it can't auto-block shots until then too. If they really want to go all-out with the defensive features, the shield's shield could be a modified regenerating health bar instead, and decrease incoming damage to it based on a hidden armor value, increased when blocking.

Would it be OP? Considering this game is the kind where you can mow down a horde of enemies with a single swing of a staff, a single bullet/arrow, or a single ability; is it really that bad when somebody wants to facetank everything and sacrifice a lot of attacking power for it?

Edited by Draciusen

Honestly the Silva Aegis is a defensive weapon that behaves like any of the other weapons in Warframe, which is offense over defense. And because it's toted as a 'defensive' kind of weapon, it has really mediocre attack stats. They need to break the rules a bit with this weapon if they really want it to stand out and be unique.

For one, the shield should get its own hitbox when equipped, anything that hits it will damage the shield instead of the Tenno, using the blocking function will increase the hitbox and pretty much redirect all frontal damage to the shield. Most importantly, the shield needs to not use stamina for blocking, right now it chunks your stamina down no matter what mods you have and defeats the purpose of it having a shield.

Instead, it should get its own shield bar, exactly like the one on our Warframes, that simply absorbs damage when hit and recharges over time. If the shield's shield (hehe) is broken then it won't drop the block, but will begin to use stamina for blocking until the shield recharges, and it can't auto-block shots until then too. If they really want to go all-out with the defensive features, the shield's shield could be a modified regenerating health bar instead, and decrease incoming damage to it based on a hidden armor value, increased when blocking.

Would it be OP? Considering this game is the kind where you can mow down a horde of enemies with a single swing of a staff, a single bullet/arrow, or a single ability; is it really that bad when somebody wants to facetank everything and sacrifice a lot of attacking power for it?

Something like that would be great.  I definitely agree that it needs to break the mold of weapons being offense only.  After all, it's supposed to be a shield, isn't it?