Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Actually Do This!? Outrage For Beats/apple Users...

HalotroopermanX7

Please read this article...

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/09/apple-allegedly-calling-it-quits-for-beats-music/

Although it isn't confirmed but... my question is: What kind of person buys the competitor only to shut them down? Hell you can do so much with them but all you choose to do is shut them down? Can somebody name an incident where this has happened? (Company name, who bought that company... and so on.)

Guest Tehnoobshow

Although it isn't confirmed but... my question is: What kind of person buys the competitor only to shut them down?

Practically every single private company General Electric has bought in the past century has been shut down by them, within a short period of time after acquisition. It's just something big companies do.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Beats is a pretty terrible brand name anyway, mostly making profits off of the celebrity status of the names it lists on its products. The products themselves are inferior and overpriced, compared to actual studio and most prosumer tech. 

Edited by Skullriot

Electronic Arts has made a business of buying their competition and running them into the ground.

anyways, while i have no love for Apple or 'Beats', i will give Apple a high five that they're going to destroy 'Beats'.

i can't really complain about an overpriced company that sells 'art' buying out and shutting down another company that sells products that are actual scams.

Buying a competitor just to destroy them more easily? Yeah, happens far more often than you'd think. It's easy to see how everyone else ends up losing this way, but hey, at least the company gets richer, right?

Please read this article...

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/09/apple-allegedly-calling-it-quits-for-beats-music/

Although it isn't confirmed but... my question is: What kind of person buys the competitor only to shut them down? Hell you can do so much with them but all you choose to do is shut them down? Can somebody name an incident where this has happened? (Company name, who bought that company... and so on.)

Burnley about 7 years ago.

We had 2 DvD stores (can't remember the names, sorry).

One of them bought out the other and closed down that store. Hilariously it failed to make it's money back and ended up closing itself about 5 months later.