Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different Dash Attacks?

TruthSetAblaze

This is something that has frustrated me now that I've started using the Hate (Stalker melee weapon) and it's a good weapon, I just feel like I can't use it because while everyone else is whipping themselves across the map with their melee slide attack I'm stuck in their dust forced to just sprint the whole time.

I'm not sure why the sliding melee attack distance wouldn't be the same across all melee weapons. It's really an issue of having even mobility across the team no matter what weapons you use.

Is there any possibility this will change in the near future?

The issue is the fact they CAN whip across the map with their slide attack, and it's the exact same issue that plagues any game where there's a movement option that's better than regular running.

As Yahtzee put it: "yeah people will start out walking everywhere or using the spring in a dignified manner but sooner or later everyone gravitates to a state of maximum efficiency"

imo, the dash aspect of the slide needs to be remove, a slide attack should be timed so that you slide into a middle of an enemy group and then when you "slide attack" you stop in place and so the spin attack there. It rewards proper aim and timing while negating the rusher aspect that on some grounds works - there are those parts where you need to get moving faster - but on other grounds leaves people, especially the newer players, behind and with a lack of interest in continuing to play as they're surrounded and gunned down.

This is something that has frustrated me now that I've started using the Hate (Stalker melee weapon) and it's a good weapon, I just feel like I can't use it because while everyone else is whipping themselves across the map with their melee slide attack I'm stuck in their dust forced to just sprint the whole time.

I'm not sure why the sliding melee attack distance wouldn't be the same across all melee weapons. It's really an issue of having even mobility across the team no matter what weapons you use.

Is there any possibility this will change in the near future?

Near future? Doubtfully. The best way to combat this atm would be to use a frame with a mobility skill (Excalibur's Slash Dash, Hydroid's Tidal Surge, etc.)

Or crouch flip (run, crouch/slide, jump), thats how I move around with a heavy weapon

It's been stated they wont be removing it, coptering is now apart of warframe and it wouldn't feel the same if it was removed. Even the devs feel that way.

They are looking into ways to make it look correct, like giving them little jets that propel them

Edited by cam-o-flage20

As [DE]Steve said, zoren-coptering popped up unintentionally and became part of the game. Its like S'mores... Chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers are good, but they are amazing together.

As Yahtzee put it: "yeah people will start out walking everywhere or using the spring in a dignified manner but sooner or later everyone gravitates to a state of maximum efficiency"

Also +1 to this

Or crouch flip (run, crouch/slide, jump), thats how I move around with a heavy weapon

It's been stated they wont be removing it, coptering is now apart of warframe and it wouldn't feel the same if it was removed. Even the devs feel that way.

They are looking into ways to make it look correct, like giving them little jets that propel them

I'm not asking for it to be removed. I'm just asking for all players to have the same mobility no matter the type of weapon they choose.

As [DE]Steve said, zoren-coptering popped up unintentionally and became part of the game. Its like S'mores... Chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers are good, but they are amazing together.

Also +1 to this

Even if it is "a part of the game" doesn't mean it's a not design flaw. Poverty is a part of America, doesn't make it not a bad thing.

But that's just me, and if the Devs don't want to remove it (imo, for free of player retribution, 'cause while these guys are GREAT I feel like they're a little TOO compromising to the player base at times) it's, sadly, probably not going to get removed.

I'm not asking for it to be removed. I'm just asking for all players to have the same mobility no matter the type of weapon they choose.

That would be even MORE rediculous. What? Whipping around like the Tasmanian Devil while you carrying the Fragor or Galatine? It's bad enough they already look like they have no weight with the idle animation, at LEAST their use FEELS heavy.

So I'm forced to move slower than everyone while I'm leveling a heavy weapon? No Thanks.

Whenever you choose a certain loadout you're making a choice of playstyle. You're saying "this is how I'm going to run these levels, and it will be different from how other people are running them". By your logic, all weapons should be exactly the same, just reskins of the same base stats. The Torid should fire and feel like the Braton, the Catanasa should be just like the Despair, every one of our incredibly unique and different melee weapons should be just like the Zoren.

No, that's not how balance works and that's not how the game design should work. What you are proposing is not balancing, it's homogenization - melting down the unique and different aspect of a game into a singular, greyish sludge that looks and feels the same as everything else. That's not how games should be, that's not what DE is doing with their game, and I'm thankful for that. 

Whenever you choose a certain loadout you're making a choice of playstyle. You're saying "this is how I'm going to run these levels, and it will be different from how other people are running them". By your logic, all weapons should be exactly the same, just reskins of the same base stats. The Torid should fire and feel like the Braton, the Catanasa should be just like the Despair, every one of our incredibly unique and different melee weapons should be just like the Zoren.

No, that's not how balance works and that's not how the game design should work. What you are proposing is not balancing, it's homogenization - melting down the unique and different aspect of a game into a singular, greyish sludge that looks and feels the same as everything else. That's not how games should be, that's not what DE is doing with their game, and I'm thankful for that. 

I'm just frustrated that using a heavy weapon is such a hinderance to mobility. IMO they should be separate. If I knew this would be the case I would have never potatoed my Hate.

Coptering is really a problem. Not sure when will DE do something about it.

But right now, you can use front flip (While Sliding + Jump) to travel. For example: front flip -> slide -> front flip -> slide ->...

It faster than slide attack when you are using slow melee weapon.

Coptering is (one of) the reason for the games success, its not going anywhere, pro players use it skillfully so you should to.

I totally agree coptering is fun and convenient. I use it a lot. But it has its problem to be honest.

1.New players cannot catch up with pro players. And when they finally catch up, all the enemies are already dead. No fun for them at all.

2.Sure some melee weapon are supposed to be slow, but the gap between slow and fast melee weapon is too big, especially coptering. It discourages players to use slow melee weapons.

Edited by yles9056